Condos

sstroh

Ok, trying to put a list together of the condos that are either already in DT or slotted to be build DT. Hoping you knowledgable people out there can help me with this list.

Union Square

Icon On Bond

Boardwalk

Tall House

Fitzgerald

Tannery Row

Peck Building

River House

Plaza Towers

Landmark Lofts

Hillmount

Front Row Condos

Monroe Terrace

Minnhaar Building (40 Monroe Center)

City View (60 Monroe Center)

140 Monroe Center

Which of these are no longer planned or cancelled, which are for certain and am I missing any?

:dontknow:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is up with Cheery Street Lofts on La Grave and Cherry. Seems like they have been working on this project forever.

I wondered the same thing going by it this weekend. That's probably why I remembered it. I haven't heard anything about it in a while. It may be done. :dontknow:

Plaza Towers has condos? I thought they were apartments. :dontknow:

There are some incredible condo's in that building. We had to use the balcony of one on the 30th floor when a windowwasher's harness broke and he was hanging from the top floor.

The place was beautiful. All cherry wood, marble counters, etc.

OK...commercial done :whistling: Back to the topic at hand.

Who knows what is up with the Cherry Street Landing Condo development?

Apparently no one does Dave. It doesn't look like as much work is going on as last summer, so they must be finishing up.

I'm wondering what happened to Puritan Hill Condos on Cherry Street near Madison(?). Cannon&Co's sign is gone, but on the Cherry Street side door, it says Puritan Hill Condominiums on it. Did they sell out already? I think they only had 6 or 8 total.

Apparently no one does Dave. It doesn't look like as much work is going on as last summer, so they must be finishing up.

I'm wondering what happened to Puritan Hill Condos on Cherry Street near Madison(?). Cannon&Co's sign is gone, but on the Cherry Street side door, it says Puritan Hill Condominiums on it. Did they sell out already? I think they only had 6 or 8 total.

Here is what I think has happend:

The sign did vanish and was replaced with a Cannon&Co "For Rent" sign. So It is most likely the project fell through because no one was interested in a tiny $120,000.00 "condo" that is nothing more than an 1 bedroom apartment with a new coat of paint and new light fixtures. The one unit that was done, which sat empty for months, was most likley rented as an apartment. The basement is also full of building material that is collecting dust and cobwebs.

All I can say is thank God for these projects throughout downtown! They take the pressure off of the apartments on Heritage Hill, and makes them less tempting to the condo sharks! :thumbsup:

OK...commercial done :whistling: Back to the topic at hand.

Who knows what is up with the Cherry Street Landing Condo development?

From what I hear, the only work going on in that area is the Cooley Law School at the moment. I've been told there is still talk of a condo development in that area, but no firm date is out on when it would start. So it could still be a year or two out before you see any movement on this.

Or, as Urbanist has pointed out above, the deal may simply have fallen apart. Regardless if it's "go" or "no go" from what I'm hearing you probably won't see any movement on this project anytime soon.

I thought you guys were talking about Cherry Street Lofts near St. Mary's. What Cherry Street Landing Condos are being talked about? The old hotel right across the street from Cooley? That was just mentioned recently as still hoping to be turned into some kind of student-type housing when it makes sense.

I'm not sure of the layout of the area enough to comment on specific job is what, as I am not in a position that puts me "out on the street". I work on the supply side of the building industry, so anything I'm replying about can only be taken in a broad context.

All I can say confidently, is I've heard that plans existed for condos in the Cherry Street Landing area and that no date is known on my end on when they will start. Whether this project is at Cherry and La Grave, I have no idea.

If it's currently being built, I can probably good information on it. If work has stopped, or it's in the planning stage, my information is the best I can get, which could be pretty vague at the time. The only rock-solid information I have right now is that Cooley seems to be the only job really moving in the Cherry Street Landing area right now.

I'm not sure of the layout of the area enough to comment on specific job is what, as I am not in a position that puts me "out on the street". I work on the supply side of the building industry, so anything I'm replying about can only be taken in a broad context.

All I can say confidently, is I've heard that plans existed for condos in the Cherry Street Landing area and that no date is known on my end on when they will start. Whether this project is at Cherry and La Grave, I have no idea.

If it's currently being built, I can probably good information on it. If work has stopped, or it's in the planning stage, my information is the best I can get, which could be pretty vague at the time. The only rock-solid information I have right now is that Cooley seems to be the only job really moving in the Cherry Street Landing area right now.

Probably Tall House, which they are considering part of cherry street landing.

Yes, Cooley is expanding within their current building to complete their Law School. The old proposal for condos and retail (Rockford Construction proposal) at Ionia and Cherry is completely dead as far as I know. That lot at the Southwest corner (across from Black Rose) is going to be a new 1000 car parking ramp, but I hear that there may be retail on the first floor (Nitro?).

There is currently a condo project called Cherry Street Lofts at Cherry & Lagrave:

http://public.grar.com/public/pubrecn.mac/...TR=000010&PT=ST

There are still two units listed on the MLS.

The development group for Cherry Street Landing had a big press release this past week celebrating the completion of Cherry Street Landing, now that Tall House is going to start.

There is currently a condo project called Cherry Street Lofts at Cherry & Lagrave:

http://public.grar.com/public/pubrecn.mac/...TR=000010&PT=ST

There are still two units listed on the MLS.

Yes, this is the project I was speaking about. There may be 2 units still listed on the MLS, but the building has been under construction for a VERY VERY long time. My wife and I have dinner at the Cottage every Thursday evening. OK...actually we are there two or three times a week ;) . Anyways, I digress, needless to say we drive past this project a lot. There has been nothing happening with it for at about two years.

I cannot imagine floating a construction loan for as long as this project has been under construction and still making the project work.

Archived