Condos

sstroh

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, this is the project I was speaking about. There may be 2 units still listed on the MLS, but the building has been under construction for a VERY VERY long time. My wife and I have dinner at the Cottage every Thursday evening. OK...actually we are there two or three times a week ;) . Anyways, I digress, needless to say we drive past this project a lot. There has been nothing happening with it for at about two years.

I cannot imagine floating a construction loan for as long as this project has been under construction and still making the project work.

What contractor was doing the work on this project? Or was it a mom & pop operation on the remodel?

If I can find out who did the work, I might be able to find out what's going on.

I'm wondering what happened to Puritan Hill Condos on Cherry Street near Madison(?). Cannon&Co's sign is gone, but on the Cherry Street side door, it says Puritan Hill Condominiums on it. Did they sell out already? I think they only had 6 or 8 total.

Wasn't that on the corner of Wealthy and College? The same guy also did a building on Union right near Fulton that I checked ouf a few months back. He was asking $197k, which seemed a little steep, but to be fair the place was done really well and it included a garage space in the back. Puritan Hill includes no parking, and if I'm buying a place I need something off-street. Because of that I didn't even look in Puritan Hill. The Union building was 5 units, of which 3 had been sold. I ended up buying a house instead because I can't really afford what I want with the prices downtown...yet. :)

I just did an MLS search and it looks like there are three available now. I wonder if one sale fell through? I would have totally bought one if the price had been about $50k less.

-nb

Archived