• Under 18
    • 18-24
    • 25-35
    • 36-50
    • 51-65
    • 65+

Wow! 22 of us old fogies! :P

And 3 of us really old fogies...

...and I remember the old BBS days very well thank you <g>.

I actually worked on an Apple II with Visicalc and owned an original Radio Shack "Trash 80" with a tape recorder for backup...had to walk 3 miles to school, yada yada yada.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually worked on an Apple II with Visicalc and owned an original Radio Shack "Trash 80" with a tape recorder for backup...had to walk 3 miles to school, yada yada yada.

Hehehe I remember the Trash 80.. my uncle had one.. it was AWESOME...

BBS were sweet too.. I actually ran one.. awesome..

• 4 months later...

There are no old fogies here. Absolutely not. Uh uh. I don't buy it. Not even the mysterious AARP mailings.

Fifty-nine. I've been getting those AARP letters for ten years and I'm beginning to weaken. Those senior citizen discounts are starting to look good.

And I think I can top you in fogieness. I took the very first computer class GVSU ever had which used an IBM 1130 mainframe. Today GVSU has thousands of computers but that one was all they had then and it was less powerful than an Apple II but a lot more expensive. The only apples then grew on trees. The 1130 had flashing lights that displayed the binary code of the commands as they were executed. I had after-hours access to the building the computer occupied and at night I'd turn off all the room lights and watch the computer flash just like an old science fiction movie.

Fifty-nine. I've been getting those AARP letters for ten years and I'm beginning to weaken. Those senior citizen discounts are starting to look good....

My sis turned 50 last year, and guess what I got her?? Dirt cheap (only $12!), the discounts more than pay for that on the first early bird special, and the magazine is excellent.

They started hitting me up when I "retired" from a job at age 29. Tried lying this year to get a better car insurance quote, and they wouldn't provide numbers...but three months later here come the come-ons!

I "red-uate" from Pink Hatter status in December.

well... originally (in march) I was 24 but now im 25

I used to be 24, but now I'm 51.

:D

I turned 50 this month, but it looks like I don't have to move up a box until next year!

(Darn it, I don't FEEL like I'm old - old is at least ten years away from where you are now!)

"Old" is how you feel. I feel 25 inside. And then there are those dang mirrors. A life without mirrors would be immortal, indeed.

Fifty-nine. I've been getting those AARP letters for ten years and I'm beginning to weaken. Those senior citizen discounts are starting to look good.

And I think I can top you in fogieness. I took the very first computer class GVSU ever had which used an IBM 1130 mainframe. Today GVSU has thousands of computers but that one was all they had then and it was less powerful than an Apple II but a lot more expensive. The only apples then grew on trees. The 1130 had flashing lights that displayed the binary code of the commands as they were executed. I had after-hours access to the building the computer occupied and at night I'd turn off all the room lights and watch the computer flash just like an old science fiction movie.

I really miss the slide rule...

Archived