Spectacular San Diego Panorama Pic

sd_urban

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, I didnt realize San Diego was so close to the mountains. Nice pic

The highest peak of the mountain range is about 45 miles east of downtown and is approximately 6,600' above sea level.

How often do those mountains have snow?

It snows every winter in the mountains. Because it's never cold enough here, the snow only lasts a few days until the next storm arrives. The last storm dumped 24" of snow on the highest peaks, which makes great fun for us flatlanders. Last weekend, I had to drive only 40 minutes from my house before I hit the snow. :)

The highest peak of the mountain range is about 45 miles east of downtown and is approximately 6,600' above sea level.

It snows every winter in the mountains. Because it's never cold enough here, the snow only lasts a few days until the next storm arrives. The last storm dumped 24" of snow on the highest peaks, which makes great fun for us flatlanders. Last weekend, I had to drive only 40 minutes from my house before I hit the snow. :)

Wow, that shows how diverse the area around SD is. Few places have warm winters, and both beaches and snow within an hour's drive. I know Vancouver has got both too, but their climate is far less attractive that SD's.

^^ Indeed! It's nearly 75 degrees now, and it's obvious the snow is melting quickly.

More shots from the newspaper photographer who shot the giant pano -

From the edge of San Diego Bay

NL_SnowSky253963x002_001.jpg

With North Island in the foreground

GASscenic253954x002.jpg

Zoom of downtown

NL_SnowSky253963x001_001.jpg

Archived