Park Hotel to change names

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really surprised if it isn't labeled a JW Marriott as those are more rare than Ritz's:

http://marriott.com/jwmarriott/locations.mi?WT_Ref=mi_left

But it is a little sad to have it just be a regular Marriott. In general, I think hotel chains have too much range in quality for their flagship brands. Some Marriotts are not that great, certainly there are some Hyatts and Sheratons that are just plain awful, and even some Hiltons are below par.

Certainly travelers learn quickly which are the nice ones and the less nice, but it sure would be better to have an exclusive brand on the hotel that seems to draw many of the celebrities when they come to town.

I live right next to the Park and I for one am sad to see it go.

I understand that it might need a bit of an upgrade, but the fact still remains that the "uniqueness" will be erased once corporate money walks in.

:(

Many of the stars who come to Charlotte (ie James Taylor) often stay at the Park when in town. It has had a great track record of attracting high profile guests to the queen city. I wonder when the name is changed if this will all change?

Any thoughts???????????????????????

A2

A2, was James Taylor the only celebrity you could think of? :)

If Marriott is upgrading its brand across the board, then I'm probably okay with a Marriott brand name. Also, I think business travelers are used to the variation in quality with a brand, so they'll learn quickly that it is a nice Marriott versus a shoddy Marriott.

Maybe by it being a regular Marriott it will lead most celebrities to choose The Ritz-Carlton by instant default.

By the way, if that is it, I think it looks pretty shoddy on the outside. I'm sure the inside is gorgeous at 4 diamonds, but two thumbs down on the outside.

It would be fantastic if it were a JW. I do not see that happening. Even with the needed upgrade, the rooms are small as well as the facilities. JW's are very upscale, grandiose and spacious.

As to celebrities, I think Tom Cruise stayed there while filming "Days of Thunder".

Because of the room layout, i doubt that they will downgrade it. Each room is much larger than a typical hotel chain (with much nicer furnishings as well). They would have to cut down lots of walls to downgrade it. I think that because of the location and the hassle of tearning it down, they won't be changing much more than the park's name. Just my two cents

Archived