What do you like about Columbia?

krazeeboi

hmm, my list is a bit different...

.......not too big (wouldn't want it to become Atl or Charlotte), which effects quality of life.......

What's wrong with being big? And to some people, bigger is better quality of life. I guess it all depends what kind of city you like. No?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Leave it to Tem to bring negativity into a discussion about positive things. I'd hate to go through life like that. :)

Me too! Life is much more fun when you see the sunny side of things. :D

What's wrong with being big? And to some people, bigger is better quality of life. I guess it all depends what kind of city you like. No?

There is nothing wrong with big, but when you get older and have a full time job you will understand that sitting in traffic for an hour going to work and going home is not a great quality of life.

big.... actually I can't judge whether atlanta or charlotte are too big, don't know them well. But I like small towns. I moved here from NYC so I know what BIG means...

I hear you; Columbia is big enough that there is enough to do and small enough that it doesn't take forever to get anywhere.

It's my opinion and it just so happens that its negative

But we're trying to have a 100% positive discussion here. We had enough negativity on the other thread (although it was bound to happen), so we're just really trying to turn the tables here. Care to lend a helping hand? ;)

If you're looking for 100% positive discussion, this isn't the place. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and what one person likes may not be the same as another person's. We need to uphold that liberty and remain professional. That makes for healthy discussion/debate and will likely even develop into making the city a better place. :thumbsup:

If you're looking for 100% positive discussion, this isn't the place. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and what one person likes may not be the same as another person's. We need to uphold that liberty and remain professional. That makes for healthy discussion/debate and will likely even develop into making the city a better place. :thumbsup:

exactly ;)

Skyliner, I'm definitely not trying to fight or argue with you, but after what went down on the other thread, I was really hoping that this thread would flow in a positive vein; that's why I started it, after all. Nor am I trying to stifle anyone's opinions or anything like that. If what one person likes isn't what another person likes, you'd think that the person could at least state what he/she likes instead of saying, "But I don't like that." Gosh, just for once (possibly in the history of UP), can we not try to have a 100% positive discussion? Is that really asking for the impossible?

If not, then I will have to pull out the big gun.

If each person follows up with a reason for his/her view, everything should be okay. People are going to reply to something if they agree or not (everyone has the right), just be sure to include your reason for disagreement. There must be room for balance, or this discussion will be nothing but shallow comments in favor of the city. If you are able to defend your comments then it will make your case that much stronger in the end.

However, I do agree that we need to keep the tension subdued wherever possible and this thread is intended to display the positive things about Columbia. If someone questions another person's like, don't attack the person, but rather clearly explain why the <________> is positive. :thumbsup:

Why not say the positive stuff in this thread...I didn't mean to make the other thread for big arguments but thats the place to say what you don't like. lol

Exactlty! But some people (you know who you are) can't help themselves. They have to complain for the sake of complaining...no matter what the topic of the thread. (Very sad life if you ask me) It's ok as long as they complain about Columbia... but GOD FORBID anyone say anything about Greenville. Your post will be deleted so fast, you won't know what happened. :)

Skyliner, I'm definitely not trying to fight or argue with you, but after what went down on the other thread, I was really hoping that this thread would flow in a positive vein; that's why I started it, after all. Nor am I trying to stifle anyone's opinions or anything like that. If what one person likes isn't what another person likes, you'd think that the person could at least state what he/she likes instead of saying, "But I don't like that." Gosh, just for once (possibly in the history of UP), can we not try to have a 100% positive discussion? Is that really asking for the impossible?

If not, then I will have to pull out the big gun.

Exactly, it isn't too much to ask posters to stick with the top the thread presented. If they want to complain they can go to the other thread; of course some posters might be in there by themselves, but that's their perogative! :shades:

Exactlty! But some people (you know who you are) can't help themselves. They have to complain for the sake of complaining...not matter what the topic of the thread. (Very sad life if you ask me) It's ok as long as they complain about Columbia... but GOD FORBID anyone say anything about Greenville. Your post will be deleted so fast, you won't know what happened. :)

:whistling:

It really is funny that if another city gets criticized, it's labeled "insensitive" or "biased," but if Columbia does, it's called "constructive criticism."

But anyway...

CorgiMatt, I like your "hybrid" description. Very fitting. :thumbsup:

If you notice a problem, dont hesitate to PM me or Skyliner. I notice that there is a great deal of time spent discussing negative opinions, rather than letting people think what they will, and moving on to better (and on topic) discussions. This thread is a shining example of that. It is not necessary to harp on every negative comment.

Archived