Did you like it the old way?

twoshort

New Sub Forum  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like it before there was a coffee house forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care either way

I liked it a lot more when Grand Rapids was one forum without subforums. I find myself forgetting about the coffee house subforum. I liked the watering hole topic just fine the way it was. How does everyone else feel... I don't think it matters, but I thought I'd ask :D

Edit: this was supposed to be a poll, don't know what happened.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems as if I'm the minority here, but I really like the seperate coffee house section. It's "cleaner," keeping the development and construction discussion away from the gimmicky / off-topic / bulletin board style stuff. The new organization is a lot easier when I only have a couple spare minutes and want to quickly find new development updates or announcements. Two cents, for what it's worth.

sure I guess it's prestige, but my obsessive compulsive self gets annoyed, when i'm in the main page and aill I see is "link" for all of the topics, because people keep posting things on the main page that some feel should be on the sub page. makes it hard to figure out what to post on

I don't really care for a separate subforum, but I prefer it to one big long thread for all off-topic subjects. Though I also think some of the threads that were moved in here may be on-topic enough to stay in the main forum. Things relating to Grand Rapids, but not specifically about developments and such. That still seems to go with the urban theme. Off-topic to me is totally unrelated stuff like news, politics, and my awesome lasagna recipe.

-nb

I like this separate coffee house annex. This way, the garrulous architecture geeks and downtown photo fiends can have a field day in the main room. (And, please don't misunderstand, I dig the geeks and fiends.)

But in this room, there's much less cigar smoke, and fewer sticky beer rings on the tables. MJLO, would you just step up to the counter and fetch my americano, please, there's a dear?

I dunno, now that the coffee house is here, I've kinda gotten used to it, I find myself jumping over alot. I think after people get used to it, it's going to prove itself usefull. I that the GR forum has been growing so fast, and moving so quickly lately to separate the forum was a good idea, it's a little more organized this way.

Archived