Louisiana Dead Malls

dimebag1980

I guess I want my cake and eat it too. :dontknow: I agree too. I just wish NOCentre could be salvaged and become part of Jazz Park District somehow. I definitly hope this world-class plan works.

In some cases, the old adage "out with the old and in with the new" works just fine. I think in this case, starting fresh with everything being brand-new and shiny, is the perfect way to go and will better symbolize New Orleans' fresh start.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In some cases, the old adage "out with the old and in with the new" works just fine. I think in this case, starting fresh with everything being brand-new and shiny, is the perfect way to go and will better symbolize New Orleans' fresh start.

In this case, that's exactly right.

• 5 weeks later...

The old Bon Marche Mall has been transformed into the Bonne'Carre Business Park

boncarre1vy5.jpg

Louisiana Technology Park

boncarre2bg1.jpg

Cox Communications

boncarre3to2.jpg

I did not get pics for the anchors of the park in the back; including Convergy's and others as well.

Bonne Carre has been great for the revitalization of the area. It is also spuring more development.

This is the same developer responsible for the renovation of the Hilton Capitol Center, and a 200-acre TND near Bonne Carre. And hopefully the proposed Laurel Tower.

You are welcome Brian. That was a good thread you started. Thanks for the reply.

It's good to see that area of the Florida Blvd. corridor coming back after years of slow decline. BRCC is not very far at all(a mile?) and the new BREC HQ's(even closer) is being built at the old Sears Bldg. Also a few blocks to the north a new 200-acre TND will be built.

Archived