Regional Events and Conventions

Pickin' On the Square - Bentonville

April 21 - September 29, 2006

Main Street Bentonville hosts Pickin' on the Square each Friday evening, starting around 5:30 pm and lasting until the last musician leaves. Gospel, country, and bluegrass musicians randomly or harmoniously play their guitars, fiddles, dulcimers, banjos, washing boards, and even spoons, while others sing along. This free, non-formal concert in the heart of beautiful, historic, downtown Bentonville, invites locals to bring a lawn chair or blanket, have a picnic or grab a sandwich to-go from a Square merchant, and relax for a memorable Ozarks evening, while listening to the sounds of folk music, songs preserved in oral tradition through generations. Free admission.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this was mentioned, but the FLW tour is back in Rogers this week. I think the tour has a 6-7 million dollar impact on the Rogers Economy.

I think I heard something about that. Are the low levels on Beaver Lake going to have any affect on it?

Anyone know of any performers coming to the annual Wal-Mart shareholders event. It will be the first weekend in June and am looking forward to a fun time. Last year Jimmy Buffett was in town - who is coming this year ?????

Seems like I never hear until it's actually happening. They usually have several big name people here.

16th Annual Buddy Bass Tournament

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Located at Prairie Creek Park on Beaver Lake in Rogers. This is the largest locally-organized tournament on Beaver Lake, open to all fishermen. Fishing Expo at Prairie Creek Pavilion is open to the general public. Official tournament weigh-in on Saturday afternoon will be conducted by the Northwest Arkansas Bassmasters. Sponsored by McGaugh RV and Sonic, this year's tournament features expedited weigh-in and over $35,000 in cash and prizes. Grand prize is a $21,000 value 25' Jayco Camping Trailer provided by McGaugh RV. Entry fee is $110 per boat. Admission: Free to spectators.

If you missed the FLW Tour you still have a chance to enjoy the biggest local tournament in NWA!

This summer's listing for Gulley Park's Summer Concert Series here in Fayetteville has been announced.

May 25---Trout Fishing in America

June 8----Ultra Suede

June 22---Jason D Williams

June 29---Darren & Russ

July 13---The Cate Brothers

July 27---Larry Bedell

Aug 10---Oreo Blue

For the 10 anniversary they wanted to bring back some of their more successful shows. I've wondered if any of these acts are very well known outside of Fayetteville.

The AMP will start it's second season May 17th with the All-American Rejects. I don't think the rest of the schedule has been set. They are apparently looking to get Collective Soul, Lyle Lovett, Gin Blossoms, Train, Peter Frampton and SheDaisy.

Heard some more news on upcoming acts to the AMP. Rick Springfield will perform May 27th. Also sounds like Lyle Lovett will perform sometime in July and Bruce Hornsby will perform sometime in August.

Rick Springfield's performance should be short... didn't he have just one song? "I wish I had Jesse's girl" My wife loves that song and I told her Rick Springfield was scheduled to play at the AMP and she said who's that? :D

2006 AMP Schedule

All shows are rain or shine. Gates open at 6:00 pm, all events finished by 10:00 pm. Enjoy cold beverages from Pepsi and Budweiser this summer at The AMP. Enhance your AMP experience with selections from gourmet catering provided by the Catering Company of Northwest Arkansas. All meals will be pre-paid prior to the events (no later than 36 hours prior to events). Minimum order of $25 (VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, or cash). Contact Jennifer at The Catering Company of Northwest Arkansas today to place your orders by calling (479) 841-6207 or email her at [[email protected]]. Hotmail!?

may

• May 17 The All American Rejects $15-$40

• May 27 Rick Springfield $26.50-$38.50

june

• June 9 Gin Blossoms $18.50-$24.50

july

• July 7 SheDaisy $23.50-$36.50

And if you don't know where the AMP is located just drive around the NWA Mall parking lot for a while... you won't miss it.

Yeah I think he's mainly known for that one song but I think he had a number of small hits back when he was at the height of his popularity. I'd heard about the AMP trying to get the Gin Blossoms and SheDaisy but didn't know they were already official.

Rick Springfield's performance should be short... didn't he have just one song? "I wish I had Jesse's girl" My wife loves that song and I told her Rick Springfield was scheduled to play at the AMP and she said who's that? :D

When I see that he's playing somewhere I always wondered that - I mean, couldn't he play that song over and over and make the crowd happier? Could you just show up for the encore and get what you really paid for?

I've always liked the Gin Blossoms.

Coming this weekend:

32nd Annual Dogwood Festival

April 28 - April 30, 2006

City Park/Bob Henry Park in Siloam Springs

Since 1974 the Dogwood Festival has brought around 30,000 people to Siloam Springs and its parks for this 3-day event. Food, crafts, entertainment, flea market items and KidZone activities make for a fun day for all! Local and regional talent on stage each day with two night concerts. Held the weekend of the last Sunday in April each year. Admission: Free

29th Annual Dogwood 5K Race

April 29, 2006

Downtown Siloam Springs

Each spring the Siloam Springs Parks & Rec. team holds the Dogwood 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run in conjunction with the annual Dogwood Festival. This year the 29th annual Dogwood 5K will be held on Saturday, April 22rd at 8 a.m. Admission: $15 pre-registration; $20 day of race.

Blues Benefit

April 28 - April 29, 2006

Embassy Suites Hotel in Rogers

Lifeline of Northwest Arkansas, a personal response service, presents national blues acts in an upscale setting. A weekend of blues with casual attire. Contact Sally Thackery for more information: (479) 253-5355 or email her: [email protected] Admission: $50

(This is uncomfirmed bacause the sponsors website www.taglines.org doesn't have any information about it but it's being advertised by both the Fayetteville and Arkansas websites)

• 1 month later...

8th Annual Ozark Balloon Fest

Presented by Ocean Spray, hosted by the Bentonville/Bella Vista Chamber of Commerce, will be held On June 2-3 at the Bentonville Municipal Airport.

Parking will be off-site at Bentonville High School and shuttles will run to and from the event. Gate fees are $2 per person with children under three free. All gate fees benefit the North West Arkansas Children's Shelter.

Saturday, June 3:

6:30 am Balloon Launch (weather permitting)

12:00 pm Gates open to the public

12-9:00 pm Activities for the entire family

6:00 pm Balloon Launch (weather permitting)

8:30 pm Balloon Glow

The Bentonville/Bella Vista Chamber of Commerce and the Ozark Balloon Fest are proud supporters of Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter. NWACS is a refuge which provides a safe and loving environment for young victims of family violence, physical and sexual abuse, and neglect.

For more information contact the Bentonville/Bella Vista Chamber of Commerce 273-2841.

Sorry I didn't get this out sooner. :D

• 2 weeks later...

8th Annual Native American Powwow

Father's Day Weekend, June 16 - 18, 2006!

Held at Turpentine Creek Wildlife Preserve (Located 7 Miles South Of Eureka Springs On Scenic Highway 23)

In past years, we have honored Nakoma and other nationally known Native Americans. Last year's Powwow was dedicated to the memory of Sherika, our Powwow tiger. Once again, we have planned a weekend jammed with exciting activities!

Scheduled Events:

*Craft booths open Friday at 3:00 PM, Grand Entry at 7:00 PM

*Craft booths open Saturday at 10:00 AM, Grand Entry at 1:00 & 7:00 PM

*Craft booths open Sunday at 10:00 AM, Grand Entry at 1:00

*Traditional Dancing

*Color Guard

*Drumming

*Artists & Crafters

*Wildlife Exhibits

*Food & Drinks

All Weekend Family Entertainment. Proceeds help build natural habitats for our Big Cats!

This is an outdoor event that will proceed rain or shine! Don't forget your lawn chairs and umbrellas! No alcohol or firearms are permitted. Not responsible for accidents or theft.

$5 per Adult, Children under 3 are Free. Call (479) 253-3790 for more info!

• 2 weeks later...

NWA FOURTH OF JULY FESTIVITIES

BENTONVILLE

5TH ANNUAL 4THFEST

MEMORIAL PARK - BENTONVILLE

July 4th, 2006 - Noon to 10pm

Live Entertainment!!!

Center Stage: Nashville recording artist Jessica Andrews (7pm-9pm)

Also Appearing: Local band Chaise-Missy (2pm) and Nashville singer/songwriter Shane Walters (4:30pm)

Special Act: Galen Harp & Associate, Master Jugglologists (4pm & 6:30pm)

Family Activities!!!

Accelerator Slide, Adrenaline Rush, Moon Bounces, Boom Blaster, Golf Challenge, Pit Stop Challenge, Castle Maze, Playtona Speedway, Temporary Tattoo Artist, Army & Navy Vehicles, Rock Climbing Wall, Chester Cheetah, Rodeo Bull Photo Shoot, NASCAR Simulator, Smart Spot Pepsi Sampling, Pepsi Photo Shoot, Get Out There And Play, Captain Crunch, Gatorade Hummer, Gatorade Victory Lane Event, Tired Iron Antique Tractor Show, AR Game & Fish Aquarium, Skateboard & BMX Competition, 16 Food Vendors, and...

THE LARGEST FIREWORKS SHOW IN NWA!!! FREE TO THE PUBLIC!!! NO PARKING FEES!!!

FAYETTEVILLE

2ND ANNUAL RED, WHITE & BOOM!

UA BAUM STADIUM - FAYETTEVILLE

July 4th, 2006 - 6:30pm to 10:30pm - Fireworks 9:30pm

Performances by local bands Cate Brothers, Oreo Blue and the Arkansas Winds will begin at 6:30 P.M. Concessions will be available at Baum Stadium. Over 20,000 spectators are expected this year so arrive early to get the best parking spots.

ENJOY AN INSPIRING FIREWORKS SHOW!!! FREE TO THE PUBLIC!!! NO PARKING FEES!!!

In case of inclement weather, stay tuned to Magic 107.9 or KFSM Channel 5 throughout the day on July 4th. Any cancellation will be announced at those two media outlets. If the weather does not allow for a fireworks show on the 4th, it will be presented the following night on July 5th.

SPRINGDALE

62ND ANNUAL RODEO OF THE OZARKS

PARSONS STADIUM - SPRINGDALE

July 1 thru July 4th - 6pm Nightly

Bring the entire family to celebrate America's birthday and Springdale's western heritage. Fireworks will take place after each performance with a huge show on July 4th. The ever popular Mutton Bustin

• 2 months later...

Sorry, changed my mind. I decided instead of loading down this topic wish so many pics I'd just go ahead and post them in a seperate topic.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30117

Thanks Mith, that Arts Festival poster is perfect for this topic, although I agree that loading it down with pics would detract from the info this thread is here for. I admit I haven't been updating this thread with regional events like I should as there's been several since I last updated it. I'm thinking you're onto something about just posting a poster of the events though without all the boring text.

Thanks Mith, that Arts Festival poster is perfect for this topic, although I agree that loading it down with pics would detract from the info this thread is here for. I admit I haven't been updating this thread with regional events like I should as there's been several since I last updated it. I'm thinking you're onto something about just posting a poster of the events though without all the boring text.

I suppose it does help attract the eye. Like I said I was initially intending to post the pics here but then I wanted to post more than just a few pics. I thought that would bee too much for this topic so I just decided to start another topic.

• 1 month later...

I designed a flyer for the NorthWest Arkansas Renaissance Festival coming to Fayetteville on Oct 28 & 29. The people presenting the RenFest don't have a logo so I designed the Coat Of Arms logo for them. It's blazon is "Gules, three roses Argent." Technically it's "Gules, the words NorthWest Arkansas RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL Or between three roses Argent," just to cover my butt... but really who would know? :blink: It's also the arms of Willebrord Snell van Roijen (1581-1626), Dutch and also the modern arms of the HNLMS Snellius of the Dutch Navy... all trivial I know. :P

265819511_8735091806_b.jpg

Archived