What's your favorite Charlotte building?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Calvary Church is a great building. So striking. Hard to forget.

I also like Jim Black's office on Tryon Street, in among the skyscrapers. (Does anyone know its history?)

And there's a wonderful newbuilt house in NoDa, purple I guess, that looks like a fun place to live.

Is this the NoDa house you were referring to?

60272037-L.jpg

Charlotte has hit the 100 mark......there are officially at least 100 high rises in Charlotte now....source: www.emporis.com

Ahh it joins Myrtle Beach/North Myrtle Beach as the second area in the Carolinas to join this exclusive club. Using the emporius definition, the Myrtle Beach area has been above 100 for quite some time.

Ahh it joins Myrtle Beach/North Myrtle Beach as the second area in the Carolinas to join this exclusive club. Using the emporius definition, the Myrtle Beach area has been above 100 for quite some time.

That really surprised me the first time I read it. I guess it goes to show the difference between having a lot of tall buildings and being a city.

Archived