Interior decorating with plants

Rizzo

I'm planning on buying some house plants to not just decorate the place, but to also improve the air quality of the inside environment... I've heard of recent studies that show some office buildings are now including plant life in design to efficiently control airborn toxicity. It sounds very interesting because there seems to be so many other benefits of using plants in the living space. Is there anyone that may have some suggestions on what plants are right to help improve the quality of air? Maybe also recommend a place where I can get the plants in the Metro area? I was thinking of Franks, but I heard through some folks that the place went out of business :(, maybe a Meijers Nursery will have to do :)

Discuss

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning on buying some house plants to not just decorate the place, but to also improve the air quality of the inside environment... I heard of recent studies that show some office buildings are now including plant life in design to efficiently control airborn toxicity and it sounds very interesting because there seems to be so many benefits. Is there anyone that may have some suggestions on what plants are right to help improve the quality of air? Maybe also recommend a place where I can get the plants for a resonable price in the Metro area?

Discuss

Maybe Growco on Michigan b/wn Diamond and Fuller could help. Or I think there's a plant place on Fulton near Believe in Music. I am partial to succulents but I am ignorant as to their air cleaning capabilities.

I'm planning on buying some house plants to not just decorate the place, but to also improve the air quality of the inside environment... I've heard of recent studies that show some office buildings are now including plant life in design to efficiently control airborn toxicity. It sounds very interesting because there seems to be so many other benefits of using plants in the living space. Is there anyone that may have some suggestions on what plants are right to help improve the quality of air? Maybe also recommend a place where I can get the plants in the Metro area? I was thinking of Franks, but I heard through some folks that the place went out of business :(, maybe a Meijers Nursery will have to do :)

Discuss

theres always the big boxes like the Home Depots and such, but Mottmans in Allendale is where my parents get all of their plants.

Although I have to admit, since I put in one of those spidery plant things on my desk, burrito night is just a little less toxic at night :rofl:

Is Growco open? They always look like they haven't opened yet.

Houseplants - go fake. I kill them like nobodys business. Now vegetable gardening on the other hand i rock. Not sure why i can do one so well and kill everything else!

Archived