March 25th Atlanta Meet-up

catlike

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=325982

Per this thread, there is going to be an Atlanta meet-up!

"We haven't had a forum meet for Atlanta in quite a while. Since I am already getting together urban minded folks for the Spring MARTA Pub Crawl, I thought we could double the purpose of the event as a forum meet too. If you don't drink, you're still welcome to come. We always have some people who come along just for the fun and the company (and sometimes to be the designated driver of those who attend but aren't in walking distance of a MARTA station).

Since some of the place we go are 21+ only, some of the younger forumers won't be able to attend but we can have another meet in the summer.

So I'd love to see everyone on March 25 at 6PM at Underground Atlanta. I'll announce the exact venue in Underground Atlanta in the next few days but the route we take on MARTA is a secret until the day of the event

There are photos from the past events at http://www.atlantapubcrawls.com

Please feel free to pass this information along to the folks at SSP and UrbanPlanet."

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know that there was a meet. I love the idea of putting faces and voices with all of you. I had wondered if that had or would happen. Now I know. I will check my calendar and mark the date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Will anyone volunteer to run the daytime portion of the June get together? On the evening of June 24th, we will have the first ever MARTA Progressive Dinner. This will be open to everyone, including those under 21 who can not take part in the MARTA Pub Crawl.

However, I think some people would like to have a get together during the day to check out some of the new skyscrapers and those under construction. I'll be enough of a task to put together the progressive dinner (it's actually going to be harder than the pub crawl since unlike bars, restaurants don't do a great job of working with large groups, especially when the number in unknown ahead of time).

You'll have to come up with a selection of sites to visit, plan the route between them, decide if everyone will walk, take MARTA, the AS/BUC/Tech shuttles, etc. And on the day of the event, you'll be in charge of getting everyone together and leading them around.

In the past, these types of events have started at Lenox since it has a large free parking lot and is close to two MARTA station but it would be up to you to decide what is best.

Any volunteers? Catlike, Andrea, Brad... anyone?

Archived