North Little Rock Development

On 12/15/2016 at 3:21 PM, Smith said:

Interesting find today, I was looking for some Toyota truck parts online and searched for the nearest dealer that had the part in stock. It pulled up Mark McLarty Toyota. Checked and it has a website. Is McLarty taking over North Point Toyota? They already renamed the Nissan, Mazda, and Volkswagen lots a little while back.

Mark McLarty is Mack McLarty's eldest son.  The McLarty's opened all the North Point dealerships before selling them off to the Asbury Group.  Mack McLarty went on to be in Bill Clinton's cabinet for a time and then moved to DC.  His son, Mark, helped open many of the upscale auto dealerships in China before all of that imploded.  He's returned to Little Rock and has been back for a time.  He's been in the process of acquiring as many dealerships as he can.  Buying in multiple states from Frank Fletcher, Bale, and others.  So yes, McLarty is acquiring quite a bit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The former Adeylotte's (sp?) and very short lived US Pizza on JFK now has signage up for Hawgs Blues Cafe. There has been several people there working inside and updating landscaping outside.

Just down from there next to the Kum & Go is a restaurant going in the former Blockbusters. Jacob's Wings and More or Jacob's Wings Cafe or something like that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed in the plumbing permits that a plumbing permit was issued to "TACO BUENO MURPHY OIL, JFK BLVD & W PERSHING BLVD".  I guess this means the Taco Bueno will be located inside the Murphy USA store like the Hardee's over at Broadway and Broadway.   Interesting. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

The former Dunkin Donuts (may it rest in peace :tw_cry:) location in North Little Rock will become a Captain Hooks according to the plumbing permits.  The only Captain Hooks that I can find on google is a restaurant in Stuttgart called Captain Hooks Fish & Chicken.  

Same redo for the DD in Conway too.

On 6/15/2017 at 5:42 PM, Arkanzin said:

The former Dunkin Donuts (may it rest in peace :tw_cry:) location in North Little Rock will become a Captain Hooks according to the plumbing permits.  The only Captain Hooks that I can find on google is a restaurant in Stuttgart called Captain Hooks Fish & Chicken.  

Seems like DD does better south of the river than north. The Little Rock and Bryant locations are still humming along while the NLR and Conway locations have closed.

Hadn't heard of Captain Hooks.

• 6 months later...
On 1/9/2018 at 7:51 AM, Smith said:

Noticed a couple of nights ago that El Porton near McCain Mall has closed and removed signage. Farther down (Sherwood I guess), Saltgrass Steakhouse framing has started.

I heard they lost their lease. I assume the owner realized they could get more selling to some chain wanting to open a location. Let the speculation begin...

On 1/12/2018 at 8:18 PM, adman0468 said:

I heard they lost their lease. I assume the owner realized they could get more selling to some chain wanting to open a location. Let the speculation begin...

I saw on a Facebook discussion page that Purple Cow and Tacos4Life were looking at NLR locations. How accurate that is, I don't know.  Cilantro's Mexican restaurant in Lakewood village is also closed now.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:42 AM, Arkanzin said:

Wow!  Fox & Hound closed earlier this year.  Now Cilantro's.  Is Crazy Hibachi still open?  

What's going on with Lakewood Village? 

When Fox & Hound closing was on the news, they said it was a lease issue with the property holder. They are looking for a new location, possibly in LR.

Hounds Lounge, which opened in Little Rock's Riverdale area in summer 2016, will be gaining a second Central Arkansas location in March in North Little Rock (another is in Fayetteville).  The new location is a couple doors down from the Taco Bell at JFK and North Hills Boulevards.

Also...

On 1/17/2018 at 5:09 PM, Smith said:

I saw on a Facebook discussion page that Purple Cow and Tacos4Life were looking at NLR locations. How accurate that is, I don't know.  Cilantro's Mexican restaurant in Lakewood village is also closed now.

Purple Cow might want the former Dixie Cafe (and especially its soda fountain) in Lakewood Village, if I had to guess where.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler
edited for clarity due to automatic post merge

• 4 weeks later...