tim2462

North Little Rock Development

8 hours ago, Architect said:

By keeping its name, you mean "BMW of Little Rock" instead of "McLarty BMW"?

Yes.  BMW of Little Rock.  The other brands will all use the McLarty name.

On 12/15/2016 at 3:21 PM, Smith said:

Interesting find today, I was looking for some Toyota truck parts online and searched for the nearest dealer that had the part in stock. It pulled up Mark McLarty Toyota. Checked and it has a website. Is McLarty taking over North Point Toyota? They already renamed the Nissan, Mazda, and Volkswagen lots a little while back.

Mark McLarty is Mack McLarty's eldest son.  The McLarty's opened all the North Point dealerships before selling them off to the Asbury Group.  Mack McLarty went on to be in Bill Clinton's cabinet for a time and then moved to DC.  His son, Mark, helped open many of the upscale auto dealerships in China before all of that imploded.  He's returned to Little Rock and has been back for a time.  He's been in the process of acquiring as many dealerships as he can.  Buying in multiple states from Frank Fletcher, Bale, and others.  So yes, McLarty is acquiring quite a bit.

• Like 1

The former Adeylotte's (sp?) and very short lived US Pizza on JFK now has signage up for Hawgs Blues Cafe. There has been several people there working inside and updating landscaping outside.

Just down from there next to the Kum & Go is a restaurant going in the former Blockbusters. Jacob's Wings and More or Jacob's Wings Cafe or something like that.

Freddy's is open on McCain. Drove by today around 1pm and it was fairly crowded.

The Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins on JFK in Indian Hills has closed. Signage is already stripped and a coming soon sign for Captain Hook's is up.

On 5/25/2017 at 8:15 AM, Smith said:

The Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins on JFK in Indian Hills has closed. Signage is already stripped and a coming soon sign for Captain Hook's is up.

Worst.  Donuts.  Ever.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Architect said:

Worst.  Donuts.  Ever.

They are my favorite!  I guess that's why the ones on the south side of the river are still in business.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Architect said:

Worst.  Donuts.  Ever.

Agree, The old Shipley's at Cantrell and Mississippi had the best donuts.

• Like 1

I noticed in the plumbing permits that a plumbing permit was issued to "TACO BUENO MURPHY OIL, JFK BLVD & W PERSHING BLVD".  I guess this means the Taco Bueno will be located inside the Murphy USA store like the Hardee's over at Broadway and Broadway.   Interesting. 

Looks like Dick's Sporting Goods will be taking some if not all of the spot cleared out after tearing down the old Tandy theater.

1 hour ago, Smith said:

Looks like Dick's Sporting Goods will be taking some if not all of the spot cleared out after tearing down the old Tandy theater.

That will be a first for Pulaski County. 

The former Dunkin Donuts (may it rest in peace :tw_cry:) location in North Little Rock will become a Captain Hooks according to the plumbing permits.  The only Captain Hooks that I can find on google is a restaurant in Stuttgart called Captain Hooks Fish & Chicken.  

14 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

The former Dunkin Donuts (may it rest in peace :tw_cry:) location in North Little Rock will become a Captain Hooks according to the plumbing permits.  The only Captain Hooks that I can find on google is a restaurant in Stuttgart called Captain Hooks Fish & Chicken.  

Same redo for the DD in Conway too.

On 6/15/2017 at 5:42 PM, Arkanzin said:

Seems like DD does better south of the river than north. The Little Rock and Bryant locations are still humming along while the NLR and Conway locations have closed.

Hadn't heard of Captain Hooks.