North Little Rock Development

I wonder if they are bringing back Cassinelli's or if this will be a lower scale of Italian food. A more casual, conventional Italian place might do well.

Wouldn't bringing back Cassinelli's be a duplication of Capeo? Although Eric Issac was her chef I doubt Andrea Cassinelli wants back in the restaurant business.

A new restaurant in downtown NLR will be named Argenta Seafood Company. I think it will be going where the old Teak Furniture Store was. Also, renderings were shown for Cregeen's Irish Pub. These anouncements were made during the opening to the public at the new ballpark for a first look. With the progress downtown NLR is making will a new hotel be in the near future?

A new restaurant in downtown NLR will be named Argenta Seafood Company. I think it will be going where the old Teak Furniture Store was. Also, renderings were shown for Cregeen's Irish Pub. These anouncements were made during the opening to the public at the new ballpark for a first look. With the progress downtown NLR is making will a new hotel be in the near future?

Do you know who the owners of these new restaurants are?

Do you know who the owners of these new restaurants are?

I'll answer my own question. Arkansas Business reports that Eric and Byran Issac will open Argenta Seafood Company at 521 Main Street

Cregeens Irish Pub/Restaurant will open on the ground floor of a new building at 301 Main Street.

Another new restaurant for downtown NLR? There is word that Don Vicci's will be moving to the 400 block of Main. It is a moderately priced family style Italian restaurant now located on Capitol Ave. in LR. Is downtown NLR beconing a place to be? It would be nice if they would streetscape 7th between Main and I-30. 7th could become a gateway for those coming from the North.

I was looking at the Cregeens site and on the photo page they have a map of redevelopment plans for NLR. With the expansion of the trolley NLR would have a very nice community. NLR Redevelopment Plans.

If all of this development happens, downtown NLR will have a lot more going for itself than it has now and its starting to pick up steam over there already. It will make the downtowns of LR and NLR that much more impressive to visitors.

I was looking at the Cregeens site and on the photo page they have a map of redevelopment plans for NLR. With the expansion of the trolley NLR would have a very nice community. NLR Redevelopment Plans.

That's an impressive development plan. I hope all of that comes together. I like the idea of a parkind deck next to Alltel Arena (and the Enclave). People will pay a premium to walk right across the street to the stadium, I would.

You can really see all of it coming together in downtown NLR in that drawing.

NLR Mayor Patrick Henry Hays has an offer to tow the USS Hoga, a famous tugboat designated as a National Historic Landmark for putting out fires and saving lives at Pearl Harbor, for about $400,000 which is substantially less than the $900,000 bids he had been getting. He's facing some opposition to this because of rising electric rates in NLR but he wants to use moneys already earmarked for riverfront development.

That would be the 2nd piece to the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum, the other being the USS Razorback.

If you haven't clicked on the NLR Redevelopment Link posted above, check it out. It's a complete master plan for downtown NLR (Argenta) redevelopment. There's all kinds of things there that were news to me.

NLR Mayor Patrick Henry Hays has an offer to tow the USS Hoga, a famous tugboat designated as a National Historic Landmark for putting out fires and saving lives at Pearl Harbor, for about $400,000 which is substantially less than the $900,000 bids he had been getting. He's facing some opposition to this because of rising electric rates in NLR but he wants to use moneys already earmarked for riverfront development.

I thought they had a tugboat at the Arkansas Indland Marintime Museum.

In today's Style section of the AR Dem-zette about renovating buildings for the arts, was a mention that the old Rye Furniture building was to be torn down next year for a 'planned high-rise development'. That property is bordered on the south by the Wyndham Hotel and on the west by the new baseball park.Is this on anybody's radar?

In today's Style section of the AR Dem-zette about renovating buildings for the arts, was a mention that the old Rye Furniture building was to be torn down next year for a 'planned high-rise development'. That property is bordered on the south by the Wyndham Hotel and on the west by the new baseball park.Is this on anybody's radar?

This building was purchased by Mr. John Gaudin. He is behind the Argenta Place project one block to the East on Broadway. The Rye building is on the block fronting Maple. The Arkansas Municipal League building in located on the block to the West between the Rye building and the ballpark.

The Arkansas Dem-Gaz reports today that First Security Vanadis has talked to NLR officials about the City Services building on Main. It is located at the Alltel Arena trolley stop and fronts the walkway from Main to the arena. At one time this building was the SFA headquarters.

What's the SFA? State Farm of Arkansas?

I'd really like to see the Vanadis Group get back into developing downtown, they did a great job with building lofts at the Kramer School, Block 2, and Eastside Jr High. It seems like Moses Tucker is the only player right now and it would be nice to see MT, Vanadis, and Stephens all working on simultaneous major projects.

What's the SFA? State Farm of Arkansas?

I'd really like to see the Vanadis Group get back into developing downtown, they did a great job with building lofts at the Kramer School, Block 2, and Eastside Jr High. It seems like Moses Tucker is the only player right now and it would be nice to see MT, Vanadis, and Stephens all working on simultaneous major projects.

SFA was the Southern Farmers Association. Before that the building was a bank.