North Little Rock Development

• 3 weeks later...

It will be located in Lakewood Village. The address is listed as 2812 Lakewood Village Drive.

From looking at that address I think it will be going in where the Alltel store is now. That location is closing since there is a Verizon store by Target across McCain.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed that the old Tia's building in NLR is being renovated. The wall around the patio has been removed. Anyone know what's going in there?

It is going to be the home of an Old Chicago. I was in Conway yesterday eating at Doe's and the Old Chicago next door appeared to be doing a fair amount of business.

I love Old Chicago, although the one up here sucks cause its always packed with a 45 min. wait. Prettty impressive that Conway could bring in an Old Chicago, but I guess it makes sense with its close proximity to Little Rock.

What's even more impressive is Conway's ability to bring in Old Chicago before LR or NLR, considering Faulkner is a dry county.

Old Chicago is a great beer and pizza place. They serve 110 different beers (correct me if I am wrong).

What's even more impressive is Conway's ability to bring in Old Chicago before LR or NLR, considering Faulkner is a dry county.

Old Chicago is a great beer and pizza place. They serve 110 different beers (correct me if I am wrong).

All you have to do is join up in Conway at Old Chicago and enjoy the 110 different beers.

Five Guys Hamburgers and Fries is opening in Lakewood Villiage in North Little Rock. The signs went up last week. This will be the first Five Guys in Arkansas. The Franchise group that is developing it plans on opening at least 7 more throughout Arkansas.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/ma...franchise_N.htm

Great Burgers!

This is great news.

A friend introduced me to the burger chain a few years back. He told me I couldn't leave DC without tasting one of their burgers. By the time I left the restaurant, I understood what all the fuss was about. I've visited the Virginia, DC, Maryland metro area multiple times in the past few years and now I can't leave without stopping to enjoy a Five Guys Burger.

Five Guys Hamburgers and Fries is opening in Lakewood Villiage in North Little Rock. The signs went up last week. This will be the first Five Guys in Arkansas. The Franchise group that is developing it plans on opening at least 7 more throughout Arkansas.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/ma...franchise_N.htm

Great Burgers!

Love Five Guys. Went to the one in Gallery Place in DC when I was living there. Anyone know which Franchise group is opening them up in Arkansas?

Love Five Guys. Went to the one in Gallery Place in DC when I was living there. Anyone know which Franchise group is opening them up in Arkansas?

cleverly named FGAR, LLC they have the Five Guys development rights for nearly all of Arkansas (I think West Memphis is not included)

cleverly named FGAR, LLC they have the Five Guys development rights for nearly all of Arkansas (I think West Memphis is not included)

Full disclosure, My wife is one of the partners.

I would weigh 15 pounds less if she wasn't, The burgers really are that good!

• 1 month later...

The new urbanism development in the Baring Cross neighborhood will be know as Rockwater Village. It will cover 40-acres bordering Ninth Street, River Road, Pike Avenue and the Arkansas River. Plans call for 250 structures made up of street level retail that will have second and third stories for offices and apartments. The development will consist of a mix of housing styles including single family homes, townhouses, and condos. They will retain the old Vestal chimney as a focal point for the development.

A 13 acre section of Rockwater Village is being set aside for a 260 unit apartment development. The Planning Commission passed it on to the City Council for approval.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A 13 acre section of Rockwater Village is being set aside for a 260 unit apartment development. The Planning Commission passed it on to the City Council for approval.

The North Little Rock City Council approved the rezoning for the apartment development. It will consist of 264 units.

• 2 weeks later...

The Argenta News reports that a new mixed-use development may soon be under construction. The project will cover most of the block between 7th and 8th fronting Maple and will include a building on Main St. The project will be made up of small apartments and commercial space. Total price for the development is stated to be $7 million. This project will be just north of the trolley line as well as the CityGrove Townhome development.