North Little Rock Development

I highly doubt on the border is moving to the old car dealership next to Whole Hog.  That location is in North Little Rock, not Sherwood.  But I do hope a legitmate restaurant moves in to that location soon.  As for the construction going on near the mall, I'm not sure what it is.  I'm not sure they are actually building anything substantial there.

Also, there is some prime time real estate where the old bowling alley used to be.  I would love to see some new shops/restaurants go in/around that area. 

I checked with my dad because his company put in a bid for fire sprinklers for On the Border.  He said the address listed was on the frontage road in front of Academy Sports.  There is an empty lot there to the left of the Academy parking lot. 

-I have been to which wich in Dallas and it was quite tasty.  You build you own sandwich on an order sheet.  Good to know there is one in Searcy.

-I know that On The Border is sending out bid packs for a location in Sherwood which may be the spot by Whole Hog depending on where the city line falls.

-Does anyone know what construction is going on at Dillards in McCain?  There is a large crain and several work trucks.

Which Wich is going in at 2607 McCain in North Little Rock.  Not sure where that is.  (Lakewood Shopping Center?)

It's literally next door to the pier 1. Which wich will be housed in the old quizno's. Any one find out what construction is going on near the mall? And does anyone know what hotel chain is being built on warden road?

They are re-roofing above Dillard's. It looks like the equipment out front is for that project.

So everyone is wondering what's going on in the McCain area.  At McCain Mall, they are currently replacing sewage lines and pipes. Nothing really major. It is all a apart of their mall renovation plans.

As far as the hotel next to Comfort Inn and Suites, it is to become a Holiday Inn full service facility. I was told a Holiday Inn Select. Not sure about it being a Select, but that would be nice. Not sure if it would be the best location for one.

Why they would put a Church's in Lakewood... beats me. Popeye's and Church's should switch places or they should have moved Frostop to that location.

Which Wich is coming fast. Can't wait for it to get here.

Not to be counted as part of NLR, but On the Border is coming to Warden Rd in Sherwood next to Academy. I wish they had chose to put it next to Buffalo Wild Wings.

See, NLR is growing too!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, which-wich is now open. Haven't been yet. I'm assuming the dirt work going on next to Academy Sports is in fact for On The Border.

I also heard a rumor that the local police are looking into purchasing the old car dealership that's for sale next to whole hog for their headquarters. That's only a rumor though.

Well, that's all I know about NLR. Any new news would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know when or where Frostop is going to reopen? I can't find any information at all on the web about it. I really miss their great food and root beer. :(

I say someone needs to start a grass-roots effort to revive Frostop inside McCain Mall. The old Pearle Vision space could be reworked for it.  Or, the former Mac Daddy's in Argenta on Maple Street is also available...

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

So everyone is wondering what's going on in the McCain area.  At McCain Mall, they are currently replacing sewage lines and pipes. Nothing really major. It is all a apart of their mall renovation plans.

As far as the hotel next to Comfort Inn and Suites, it is to become a Holiday Inn full service facility. I was told a Holiday Inn Select. Not sure about it being a Select, but that would be nice. Not sure if it would be the best location for one.

Why they would put a Church's in Lakewood... beats me. Popeye's and Church's should switch places or they should have moved Frostop to that location.

Which Wich is coming fast. Can't wait for it to get here.

Not to be counted as part of NLR, but On the Border is coming to Warden Rd in Sherwood next to Academy. I wish they had chose to put it next to Buffalo Wild Wings.

See, NLR is growing too!!!

Actually the hotel being built is a Courtyard by Marriott.  It is close to being completed.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtyard by Marriot is almost finished.  On the Border is making significant progress.

Still no word on the old Saturn Dealership.  I would love to see a Chuy's or something like a Bob Evans Restaurant go in to that place.  They are building something near Chick Fil A, but my guess is that it's a new gas station.  

I also heard a rumor a while back that a Starbucks and a Pei Wei were going to go near the mall.  I would love to see that happen. 

My guess would be the old Lakewood 8 movie theater.  I had heard, when it closed down, that a gym was going in.  That was a long time ago, so, it's possible that this has been in the works for a while.

On another note, Pei Wei is not considering putting a location in North Little Rock as of right now, according to the manager.

My guess would be the old Lakewood 8 movie theater.  I had heard, when it closed down, that a gym was going in.  That was a long time ago, so, it's possible that this has been in the works for a while.

On another note, Pei Wei is not considering putting a location in North Little Rock as of right now, according to the manager.

That makes total sense. The wheels have been turning on the NLR location approximately as long as they have been on the Chenal (old Sports Authority) location so that is probably right. The employee I was talking to is new to the area and not familiar with many landmarks/streets yet, so all he knew how to tell me was that it was on McCain near the mall and I was having a hard time thinking of open land or spaces large enough around there.

I'm not surprised about Pei Wei not targeting NLR, but they've had plans for some time to open a second location at Chenal Promenade.  Since their original location is always extremely busy, I can't imagine what the holdup is.

I know the Pei Wei manager personally. They are planning a new store to open in the spring on an out parcel at Pleasant Ridge. Also, NLR will get a store but only after 2nd LR store and the NWA store.

Interesting at Pleasant Ridge.  I can't say that I blame them...much more accessible than the Promenade.

Interesting at Pleasant Ridge.  I can't say that I blame them...much more accessible than the Promenade.

Seems like the Promenade cannot attract any new restaurants to their outparcels.  Chipotle, Chuy's, Mellow Mushroom  now Pei Wei.

• 1 month later...