North Little Rock Development

Just talked with one of the elders of the Baptist church on JFK, they sold Dogtown Cafe building to Dunkin Donuts.  It will be a Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins...

I was wondering what happened to that place.  It seemed to have a good number of people whenever I was there.  The hours kept changing. I know we tried to go a couple of times and they were closed. 

I would be a happy man if somehow NLR could score a Chiplotle or Chuy's.  We need something new...

I do think it's a little odd that Chipotle is not in a lot more central Arkansas locations yet.  Everywhere I have been that had Chipotles, there have been tons of them.  Give them time.  I'm sure there will be a NLR and Conway location in the next few years.

Side note...On the Border opens Sept. 30.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys and gals... I work in the NLR area. I met one of the managers of the Lakewood Village Shopping Center. He told me the former USA Drug Store will become a Dress Barn and Ulta Beauty. Also the former Taste of India restaurant will become a Mexican Restaurant. I was also told there are plans for hotel near the center.

Well my wife will be pleased to hear about an Ulta.  As for Taste of India, I am very surprised a mexican restaurant would come considering Santo Coyote, On the Border, and now a rumored Chuy's are all in town.  We need something other than mexican!

Also, where would a new Hotel go?

Question:  What is going in to the newly built buildings by Chik fi let?

That's what I've been trying to figure out. I've spoken to a few people working on it and they tell me they don't know either. They claim it's just a shell.like I believe that. Someone did mention a possible Starbucks location on one side of it.

The new hotel will be behind Corky's and U.S. Bank.

I agree 1000% on the Mexican restaurant.

There is something being built behind the new Mapco on Smokey Lane. Still nothing on it yet either.

I will keep you posted as soon as I get more info.

Edited by hogman

A third location for L.A. Fitness in Central Arkansas has been identified. It will be located at the former Lakewood Movie Theater in Lakewood Village. They are really moving fast here. I wonder how long it will before they put one in Northwest Arkansas, Conway and/or Jonesboro?

• 1 month later...

A third location for L.A. Fitness in Central Arkansas has been identified. It will be located at the former Lakewood Movie Theater in Lakewood Village. They are really moving fast here. I wonder how long it will before they put one in Northwest Arkansas, Conway and/or Jonesboro?

The movie theater has been bulldozed and the area has construction fencing around it with a LA Fitness sign up.

• 2 weeks later...

The other half of the new building on McCain and Springhill is a Mattress Firm next to the Vitamin Shop. I saw them putting up the sign yesterday afternoon. Also, a Mexican grill is opening next to Shoe Carnival (the former Taste of India place). Ulta and Dressbarn in Lakewood (in the old USA Drug) are almost complete.

• 3 months later...

Chuy's has received a permit for 5105 Warden Road, NLR. This is the location of the former Saturn dealer and not to far from the new On The Border.

Wow, interesting.  I didn't realize that they were planning multiple locations in central Arkansas, but I'm not surprised given their success in west Little Rock.

Wow, interesting.  I didn't realize that they were planning multiple locations in central Arkansas, but I'm not surprised given their success in west Little Rock.

Stephen's Inc. took on about 1 million shares of Chuy's Holdings Inc which is a 6.6 stake in the company.  That may have something to do with it?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...