Myers Park / Eastover Projects

atlrvr

Thanks for the info! It really is nice,I have zero :camera: skills or it would be posted but the house sticks out in most people's memory. The upper echelon of Wachovia seems to do quite well. The polar opposite in classic beauty and style is that MegaMcmansion ersatz ski lodge along QRW. I believe that is owned by a retired Wachovia officer.

• 4 weeks later...

here are some updated photos of the 2 projects that began about the same time on queens rd. (btwn providence and morehead). the first one is 420 queens - i really like it. i think it works well it the neighborhood and even challenges myers park a little. very timeless design and looks well built... (looks better in person).

420-1.jpg

420-2.jpg

420-3.jpg

this next one - i don't really care for. it uses alot of EFIS. i can't remember the name.... i think it's something like "mcboring".

queens-1.jpg

Edited by cinco

Cinco - These projects are in Myers Park, where it is almost inappropriate for a building to stand out. All 12 units at Queens 626 sold out prior to closing, as compared to 420 Queens, which has 30% (3 of 10) still on the market. The urban design of 420 is not as attractive to the masses in a Myers Park application. You put the same building in SouthEnd and demand would be greater.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems that the first phase of the Grubb/Eastern Federal development on Selwyn is about to be announced. This first phase I believe will go at the corner of Selwyn and Tranquil, where the Manor House used to be.

http://www.tranquilcourt.com

Edit. A quick look at the page indicates that Crosland is involved.....hopefully this will be a step above their standard ho-hum for the Charlotte market.

There will be press releases soon, and yes, Crosland is involved. They are handling sales (and more, I am sure) along-side Developer Services Division of a local residential real estate firm. The sales center will be located in the shopping center adjacent to the site where Edible Art is/was.

• 2 weeks later...

If this keeps up Dubone will need to make a development map for myers park. So it seems the boulevard company recently purchased bout an acre on selwyn less than 100 feet from the queens road west intersection. He plans on building the neighborhoods tallest tower, 11 stories. It would have 160 condos. The problem is getting this off the ground, as the myers park neighbors are already pitching a fit and vowing to not let it happen. Here is the print CBJ Article.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte.../01/story5.html

Edited by Guest

^ but yet, these same people have no problem with people coming in and destroying old "historic" homes to replace them with gaudy nouvo riche mcmansions.

if the showdown gets ugly and boulevard centro wins the case... we might just have ourselves another pink glass tower. beware myers park NIMBYs.

^ but yet, these same people have no problem with people coming in and destroying old "historic" homes to replace them with gaudy nouvo riche mcmansions.

if the showdown gets ugly and boulevard centro wins the case... we might just have ourselves another pink glass tower. beware myers park NIMBYs.

One has to wonder if these are the same neighbors that fought tooth and nail against historic designation for Myers Park. Had that been passed...

So they don't want historic protection, and don't want random development.

Funny, I used to have clients in the building pictured in the background of the linked article, walked their four large Standard Poodles all at one time. Nothing like chasing a high strung but very intelligent Standard Poodle down the street while trying not to lose control of the other three :w00t: Great dogs, just a lot to manage.The owners bought two large units and knocked the wall down to combine. That's a beautiful building inside. Considering the wealth of that part of town neighbors could have easily banded together and bought the land and conserved the open space.