Myers Park / Eastover Projects

atlrvr

^I only wish the new curb had been placed a bit closer to the new HT (or the building a tad farther from the street).  Then, there could be a new median on the leg of Providence Road headed toward 3rd Street, mirroring the median on Queens Road headed towards Selwyn.  Plus, the traffic lanes on northbound Queens (Selwyn) to Providence (3rd) would actually line up.  Right now, driving "straight" in that outside lane ends up driving at an angle through the intersection, so as to miss the new curb along the corner.

• 1 month later...

I heard from my Parents (Myers Park Residents) That a developer has bought two lots on Providence near the Wendover intersection, the address is 2105 Providence Road. They will be seeking rezoning to build 30 townhomes, they are supposed to be very similar to the Townhomes in Dilworth off of Mt. Vernon, I think its called Dilworth Crescent. 

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately... Chris Branches watered down 2100 Queens Road will start construction this coming month. Some might remember this was once a glorious 14 story building that was watered down to podium parking 4 floors of 19 units.

Unfortunately... Chris Branches watered down 2100 Queens Road will start construction this coming month. Some might remember this was once a glorious 14 story building that was watered down to podium parking 4 floors of 19 units.

That is such a shame. if the recession had not hit we would have had so many wonderful projects completed.

Well to be honest it was a pretty terrible project before, glorious was sarcasm. It's just unfortunate that it'll be a Isle of Palms style podium apartment building. It'll be a terrible gateway into one of the prettiest streets in the south.

Pimping my new town here a bit. Recall that I had nearly moved to LA before deciding on Charlotte. Honestly, the drive up Rea Rd. > Colony > Queens/Kings just blows Beverly Hills (and Bel Air) out of the water.

Every city has its beautiful and ugly parts.  But I'll never forget when I fell in love with Charlotte sometime in 2003.  Moved here in 2005!  :wub:

Edited by Temeteron

• 4 months later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/print-edition/2013/09/27/massively-different-jim-gross-or.html?page=1

JIm Gross is back, and I admit that I have warmed up to him. He's my kind of guy. Its not arlington, but its a 8 unit townhome development on one of my favorite streets.

Sorry, I can't forgive him for his "I call those my FU Dilworth windows" statement.  Forcing blindness on an entire city at sunset by pink glass is an unforgivable sin.

• 2 weeks later...

The HT at the P's and Q's is looking decent for sure.  I do wish they had gone with a stone rather than brick façade like the Methodist church across the street, but it does upgrade the appearance of the commercial area there.   It is much higher quality brick texture than the Plaza Midwood one, which has a more institutional or cheap school look a bit in parts.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was by the Myers Park Harris Teeter a couple of days ago and thought that they were making fantastic progress.  And in the mail just now I received our latest set of sorry-for-the-inconvenience coupons and there were only 3 weeks of coupons, instead of the usual 4.  The last expires Nov 12th.  So they are still on track for a November re-opening?!  

Winthrop would have to be D1. They could be D1 non-scholarship and play in the Patriot League with Davidson or they would likely be granted automatic affiliation with the Big South conference.

I don't think Winthrop would be very successful building a fan base. That school is like 70% females. Although being a female doesn't exclude you from being a football fan, I don't think those are the demographics you want to build a fanbase around.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it really that bad? Frankly its exactly what I expect for that area (maybe I'm also ready to accept anything that's not interchangeable with anything in southend), and they did a decent job of making it not LOOK like a podium building. 

Edit: Sorry this post was just about the aesthetics of the building and not the prices, which yes seem pretty insane. 

Edited by nonillogical

We stopped by the Myers Park HT for the Grand Opening tonight (until 8pm if you have nothing better to do).  It is a beautiful store.  

I only managed to take one half-decent photo, looking down on the produce / pizza bar / salad bar section from the stairs leading up to the wine-by-the-glass bar.  I will try for more later this week.  

The upstairs outdoor balcony, conveniently located next to the wine bar, looks fantastic.  Unlike the PM store, I saw no signs indicating that alcohol is forbidden outside.

The ice cream, frozen pizza, and beer sections are on consecutive aisles on the same side of the store.  I was so happy to see that Harris Teeter got that that very crucial detail right that I did not pay much attention to the fact that those aisles are actually curved.  i.e. not straight, but they follow the same curve as the Providence and Queens face of the store (I posted a picture of that last week).  That was just brilliant -- a nice Myers Park detail.  

post-20236-0-59646400-1384902498_thumb.j