Myers Park / Eastover Projects

atlrvr

^ I am assuming a tax rate in Charlotte of: $1,084 / million / month

$1,000,000/100=10,000*1.3012=$13,012/12= $1,084

http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/TaxCollections/TaxRates1/FINAL%20-%20TAX%20RATE%20CHART%202014-2015.pdf

My numbers were based on the County rate only...so again, I am wrong.  Here is the link to the combined rates.  There are apparently 5 Municipal Tax Districts, but I cannot find a map of those.  Ignoring those rates, teh combined rate for Charlotte is $1.2844 per $100.  

http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/TaxCollections/TaxRates1/FINAL%20-%20TAX%20RATE%20CHART%202014-2015.pdf

T = (V/$100) x $1.2844 where T is Taxes, V is Property Value.  (T/$1.2844) x $100 = V 

(($1,200 x 12 months)/$1.2844) x $100 = $1,121,146.06

• 3 months later...

Unreal.

Why do people rent these? Are they people that don't live here full time, but work in Charlotte frequently?

I just can't imagine why anyone that plans to stay long term would pay insane rental amounts when they could buy for much less each month.

I had friends that looked at renting those. They currently live in MP, sold their house and bought a new one in MP but are doing heavy Reno/demo, was a good way to stay close to their current hood. However, proximity was not worth the price and they rented elsewhere.

I think these were originally planned as condos and could flip to them when that market returns.

2312_Selwyn_Avenue_Myers_Park_Residentia

This is proposed for 2312 Selwyn.  This is at the intersection of Selwyn and Croydon, diaganol across from where the new Meeting Street townhomes are going in.

There are 2 brick aparment buildings on the site currently, with a pretty massive front yard.

• 1 year later...

Stick-built?  What a shame.  I recall that the parcel was originally slated for a condo building in the 150 ft range but it was killed by the recession.  The mid rise gray residential building that formerly occupied the lot would be preferable to more stick built blandness.  The old building at least had unique character.

1 hour ago, hinsp0 said:

Stick-built?  What a shame.  I recall that the parcel was originally slated for a condo building in the 150 ft range but it was killed by the recession.  The mid rise gray residential building that formerly occupied the lot would be preferable to more stick built blandness.  The old building at least had unique character.

Ive been in that building... it was a crap hole.

8 hours ago, R.Talbott said:

Ive been in that building... it was a crap hole.

I won't dispute the crap-holiness of the old building.  But, sometimes brutalist crap-holiness constitutes character during the stick-built era.  However, 10 years from now some of us may harken back to the stick-built era as a golden age when we reach the point in time that every new multi-family is constructed from a more obscene abomination.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Proposed 2-5 story mixed use building between Crescent and Cherokee Roads.   Looks like 16,800 sf of office/retail and 6 residential units.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/045-060/2017-050 site plan.pdf

4 Condos development planned just off of Selwyn.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/045-060/2017-051 site plan.pdf

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rjp212 said:

Proposed 2-5 story mixed use building between Crescent and Cherokee Roads.   Looks like 16,800 sf of office/retail and 6 residential units.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/045-060/2017-050 site plan.pdf

4 Condos development planned just off of Selwyn.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/045-060/2017-051 site plan.pdf

is that office project a build to suit or spec? 

3 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

Just curious, but why has the nearby wooded lot bounded by Hermitage, Ardsley and Providence never been developed? Are the nearby residents opposed, (NIMBY) to development and if that's not the reason, are there any plans in the future for that space? Thanks.

Link: https://goo.gl/maps/TDMZDrFmTHJ2

My guess is that it won't get developed because of the interests of the civic association that owns it. They'd prefer its continued use as a neighborhood park over anything else. FWIW, my parents walk their dog there frequently and contend that it's a popular spot, particularly in the warmer months.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, emansius said:

My guess is that it won't get developed because of the interests of the civic association that owns it. They'd prefer its continued use as a neighborhood park over anything else. FWIW, my parents walk their dog there frequently and contend that it's a popular spot, particularly in the warmer months.

Thanks. I always wondered why that land sat there undeveloped.

• Like 1

I read somewhere, years ago and source unremembered, that the triangular piece of land you reference was designed by the developers and designers of Myers Park to be THE park. THE Myers Park. Developer George Stephens, son in law of cotton farm owner John Springs Myers, and John Nolen the planner wanted a small open area. This open area has been fully wooded for nearly a century. So if someone humorously asks where the "park" is in Myers Park you can show him.

I assume this "park" was within the earliest area of development.

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I read somewhere, years ago and source unremembered, that the triangular piece of land you reference was designed by the developers and designers of Myers Park to be THE park. THE Myers Park. Developer George Stephens, son in law of cotton farm owner John Springs Myers, and John Nolen the planner wanted a small open area. This open area has been fully wooded for nearly a century. So if someone humorously asks where the "park" is in Myers Park you can show him.

I assume this "park" was within the earliest area of development.

On the Tax site its tax status is exempt and its legal description is "J.S. Myers Park" and if you google J.S. Myers Park and sort through a half dozen broken county website links, you get to an article calling it an actual park.

5 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

RDF, did you research this just from my comment. I thank you as this now results in a contemporary citation of the Myers Park park.

(I would appreciate just a little applause for my application of age and personal history to identify this issue.:rolleyes:

Yep

And in an only mildly obscure item, the Duke Mansion at "the park" had a monster fountain that could be seen from Fountain View off East Boulevard. One must imagine now the view with few spindly trees, nearly no structures and no hospital preventing the perspective.

"The “Wonder Fountain” was installed by Buck Duke in the early 1920s. Water piped in from the Catawba River was shot 150 feet into the air to showcase the power of power. Watching the fountain in all its glory was a popular pastime for Charlotte and how Fountain View Road off East Boulevard got its name." (Charlotte Agenda, 2015)