Myers Park / Eastover Projects

atlrvr

1 hour ago, R.Talbott said:

Save it for southend and midtown 

Not arguing for or against, but we already do have these 8-story buildings in Eastover. When did these things get built anyway? Were they controversial at the time?

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1925312,-80.8233911,3a,75y,325.43h,95.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8C-S9913V0NbqULbJNcWbw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Vitamin_N
forgot link

31 minutes ago, Vitamin_N said:

Not arguing for or against, but we already do have these 8-story buildings in Eastover. When did these things get built anyway? Were they controversial at the time?

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.1925312,-80.8233911,3a,75y,325.43h,95.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8C-S9913V0NbqULbJNcWbw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The tax collector says 1974!  I know absolutely nothing about whether that was controversial at the time.  But I have read that back in the day large chunks of close-in Charlotte were rezoned to multi-family to encourage redevelopment, because living in town was not so popular for families back then.    It looks like other tall ones at 1530 Queens and 2222 Selwyn were built about that same time.  I could not find a date for Sarajevo.  

• Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 3:17 PM, teeg said:

Driving by today, I saw that they were fencing off the surface parking lot on the east side of Queens between 3rd and 4th.  It looks like they are finally moving ahead on the new heart and cancer center building, for which they have had signs on site for years.  From what I can find in Acela, it looks like 250,000 sq ft with a 1,000 space parking deck.  

This. I know a guy running the construction. Full steam ahead. 

29 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

guess they realized how many people have cancer :-(

Sad thought.  I was sort of hoping that the extra space would eliminate the need for the 185,000 sq ft building they proposed on Randolph between Caswell and Colonial.   That rezoning petition was withdrawn, and I never heard why.  

A mortgage banker sent me a link to a website that aggregates recent purchases based on public record.  There are two purchases that I am interested in, but don't know how to look up more information:

5a945654196d2_LandPurchases.jpg.a0ee75888a08b05babd964f48137a38b.jpg

These properties are of particular interest because they are right across the street from the Mint Museum (on Randolph), adjacent to Billingsville Elementary.  Currently these properties are run-down rental homes that mark the entrance to Grier Heights, but they sit right across the road from million dollar listings in Eastover. 

Can anyone direct me to how to look up more information about these purchases?  I don't really know where to start, but I would like to know if I can identify the buyer and intent for the properties.

I live in the edge of Grier Heights on the Monroe side, and quite frankly some of these properties listed above look like the should be condemned.  Building some nice town-homes on these properties would do wonders toward making the entrance to Grier Heights more inviting.   There is already alot of activity with people building new homes between Fannie and Heflin.  It is the most affordable place to buy for people set on a MPHS districting; and it is some of the most affordable land within 2.5 miles of Uptown.  The area is ripe for development, and I am curious if this might be a catalyst for more development.

I appreciate any guidance anyone might have regarding how to find more information.

Edited by J-Rob

19 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

A mortgage banker sent me a link to a website that aggregates recent purchases based on public record.  There are two purchases that I am interested in, but don't know how to look up more information:

5a945654196d2_LandPurchases.jpg.a0ee75888a08b05babd964f48137a38b.jpg

These properties are of particular interest because they are right across the street from the Mint Museum (on Randolph), adjacent to Billingsville Elementary.  Currently these properties are run-down rental homes that mark the entrance to Grier Heights, but they sit right across the road from million dollar listings in Eastover. 

Can anyone direct me to how to look up more information about these purchases?  I don't really know where to start, but I would like to know if I can identify the buyer and intent for the properties.

I live in the edge of Grier Heights on the Monroe side, and quite frankly some of these properties listed above look like the should be condemned.  Building some nice town-homes on these properties would do wonders toward making the entrance to Grier Heights more inviting.   There is already alot of activity with people building new homes between Fannie and Heflin.  It is the most affordable place to buy for people set on a MPHS districting; and it is some of the most affordable land within 2.5 miles of Uptown.  The area is ripe for development, and I am curious if this might be a catalyst for more development.

I appreciate any guidance anyone might have regarding how to find more information.

Polaris 3G might be helpful:

http://polaris3g.mecklenburgcountync.gov

In the search box, you can look up an address (or use other criteria) , which can help you identify the current owner.  Further down the results screen, you will find links to recent deeds on the property.  To save you a step, here's the most recent deed for the Sandlewood property:

http://meckrod.manatron.com/RealEstate/SearchDetail.aspx?bk=31792&pg=622&type=BkPg

You will probably have to click through a disclaimer before the actual deed is visible.  This one looks like it is a sale of a group of properties, many of which are in other subdivisions.  

Good luck!

• Like 2

Virtual Charlotte is very useful... but doesn't really shed much light on this transaction...  i clicked on the link above and wasnt' really sure what I was looking at.  I guess a bank forclosed on  several houses  in the area and  then sold them together to an investor?

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So any more rumors about the Manor site? The manager at DeeJai said they have no plans to close.  

Just heard a rumor last week about the Manor becoming a Alamo Drafthouse. I will dispel that one immediately. I think Park Terrace might be a possible candidate, but there’s no Alamos in the chain that are only 2 theatres. I hope Manor stays put, and keeps running forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Just heard a rumor last week about the Manor becoming a Alamo Drafthouse. I will dispel that one immediately. I think Park Terrace might be a possible candidate, but there’s no Alamos in the chain that are only 2 theatres. I hope Manor stays put, and keeps running forever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ever hear any rumors about a Landmark Theater coming to town? I could see that being a perfect fit for the Park Terrace location. Used to frequent Landmark's E St Cinema in DC and loved that place.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, teeg said:

It looks like another 8 million dollar + condos are on the way for Myers Park at www.620queens.com.  The old two story house on that site was demolished earlier this month.  

23 minutes ago, hambone931 said:

8, 1 million dollar+ condos for those for were initially very shocked

So what is the sub-culture's mindset who buys these condos, or 8,000 Sq ft Eastover homes? What is it like? Anyone have an in? Asking for a friend...

• Haha 3