Last Viridian floor pour this weekend

Duke32

The Ameninty (Club level) is scheduled to be poured in the next 2 days with the pool deck right behind it. The architect has added an additional 8 lamp posts around the pool area which will make it look like a baseball stadium is on the roof.

I'm hoping they throw a topping out party in a couple of weeks so I can get some pics inside the building. :thumbsup:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke32, I was just looking at the Viridian cam and it looks like they're pouring it right now. They're using the bucket instead of the pump though. I think you can see the pool as well. Do you happen to know the official height to the top of the smokestack looking things? I've seen 378' but that may be the roof height. I would love to see some interior pics. Hope you get them.

I guess they're trying to beat the rain. They were scheduled to pour tonight. Bucket pouring is going to take forever compared to the pump.

I show the top of the two concrete columns the spires will set on are at 393'-10", so it's possible that the top of the spires will be +400'

I think Novare's web site said there would be a topping out ceremony sometime late this month. I saw that a couple of weeks ago. They went up fast with this baby.

Crap...I'll be in Chicago the last week of this month. I'm sure they'll have the topping out party then. :angry:

They are now projecting a total completion by August.

I guess they're trying to beat the rain. They were scheduled to pour tonight. Bucket pouring is going to take forever compared to the pump.

I show the top of the two concrete columns the spires will set on are at 393'-10", so it's possible that the top of the spires will be +400'

Duke, do you know how much concrete was used to build the tower?? Just curious cause it looks like a bunch.

I like the new one better. The old design is definately shorter. I believe the MPC or some other city agency requested more units, which resulted in a pretty thorough redesign. Notice in the original there are no setbacks at the 10th floor (hence there would have been no terraces for those lucky buyers who got them), which would make the building wider (and more bulky-appearing) all the way up. I bet the MPC had a problem with this, given the L&C's proximity. It's hard to tell how the side facing the L&C was treated from this angle. Also notice that the balconies appear to be set into the building, rather than the protruding "half-V's" of the real building.

Honestly, the Viridian is still growing on me. I like the building just fine, but I'm having to 'get over' the fact that it's so close to the venerable L&C. In a way, I consider it a rude gesture architecturally, but at the same time it's also very complimentary in it's design. They look pretty sharp side-by-side when viewed from the south. In any case, I do feel the west face of the L&C is the least interesting.

Wow, that looks chubby compared to the current design. I don't know whcih one I like more. I like the base and corners of this one more, but the new Viridian looks more elegant and is just prettier. Is this one shorter than the new one?

The only thing that got covered up on the L&C were the stairwell windows. The Viridian is a mere few inches not only beside the L&C, but also the Cohen building which took a beating during the parking garage construction.

I was hoping to take some pictures from atop the Viridian this week but that's not looking good right now. One of our guys has let Adelicia fall behind so I have to help get it caught up before I head out to Chicago this weekend.

The old design is definately shorter. I believe the MPC or some other city agency requested more units, which resulted in a pretty thorough redesign.

Didn't I hear someone say at one time or another that they originally had planned for parking to be underground? Having the garage above ground would definitely make it taller i'd imagine.

The Veridian is a mere few inches not only beside the L&C, but also the Cohen building ...

The L&C was the first skyscaper in the Southeast. Are we now the first city in the Southeast to have two skyscapers in the same block?!

Honestly, the Viridian is still growing on me. I like the building just fine, but I'm having to 'get over' the fact that it's so close to the venerable L&C. In a way, I consider it a rude gesture architecturally, but at the same time it's also very complimentary in it's design. They look pretty sharp side-by-side when viewed from the south. In any case, I do feel the west face of the L&C is the least interesting.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who frets about the relationship between the Viridian and the L & C. While I have nothing against the V, I was surprised that more people didn't object to the fact that it is more or less blocking the major western exposure view of the L & C. What was a distinctive landmark of the Nashville skyline has now been obscured (at least from that direction) by something that is...well, not so distinctive to Nashville. Of course, if constructed, Signature Tower will probably have a major impact on the sightlines of both L and C and the Viridian--I guess it's the nature of skyscrapers to block the view of something!

Archived