Wich cities are the king and queen of the south?

brodieseyes

King and Queen Cities of the south?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. King city of the south?

• Atlanta
    • Charlotte
    • Miami
    • New Orleans
    • Jacksonville
    • Nashville
    • Memphis
    • Houston
    • Charleston
    • Dallas
  2. 2. Queen City of the south?

• Atlanta
    • Charlotte
    • Miami
    • New Orleans
    • Jacksonville
    • Nashville
    • Memphis
    • Houston
    • Charleston
    • Dallas

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted Charleston as King, since it was actually named after one and is one of the South's oldest cities and a national treasure. That and I'm biased to SC. ;)

I voted Charlotte as Queen, since it was actually named after one, thus the nickname "The Queen City."

If we're looking at economy and population, the obvious contenders would only be Atlanta, Miami, Houston, and Dallas, IMO. Atlanta's case is pretty obvious. Miami's amount of foreign investment is staggering; downtown Miami has the largest concentration of international banks in the country. The Houston area only trails NYC in the number of F500 HQ's. The DFW metroplex is home to over 10,000 corporate headquarters making it home to the largest corporate headquarters concentration in the United States.

ATL-----------King

&

Queen Charlotte

Our cities relationship will become the Southern version of the NYC/Boston relationship in 20+years. Are you ready for a Megalopolis ?!

I-85's ever reaching arm will have the King and Queen ruling together in no time :)

A2

(BTW, this is a kind of silly poll :lol: but what the heck, right??)

Archived