Bicycle Factory Project

GRDadof3

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I drove by this morning, it didn't look like much of the walls were left, either. Interesting thing about the road blocks in the area... They let you drive down Mount Vernon to a paoint before they force you a right turn. After that right turn, you're forced to dodge 2 road closed signs in the middle of the road (facing the opposite direction) to get out on Summer without trying to U-Turn in the middle of Mount Vernon.

I am sad. We could see the flames from our place and we even had chunks (brick size chucks) of ash falling here at the corner of Cherry and College. It is such a shame.

Maybe they will rebuld it with the exact same style on the same foot print.

Ring ring ring... oh it's reality, I have to go. :(

I am sad. We could see the flames from our place and we even had chunks (brick size chucks) of ash falling here at the corner of Cherry and College. It is such a shame.

Maybe they will rebuld it with the exact same style on the same foot print.

Ring ring ring... oh it's reality, I have to go. :(

According to a press article today, McGraw would not be adverse to rebuilding the site to fit his original plan of housing. Being proactive like that is a lot better news than letting it sit there for the next few decades, detracting any interest away from the neighborhood. The article stated that a lot of the tax credits would still apply to the new construction, so here's hoping he can pull it off.

Where exactly is the building? I'll track it down on Google Earth and make Sketchup project from it.

Tamias, you ready?

Underground parking, just one level, and a similar vintage-looking building above. STEEL FLOORS. SPRINKLERS. Etc.

I was thinking about the nifty arches on the GVSU DT structure, glassing those in with bicycle murals.

Looking at it from the listed intersection.

GRCycle.jpg

The Northeast section was two stories, and the rest was 3 stories. I don't know if you need to include parking. They were able to work out a deal with GVSU for parking in the lot across the street, which I would assume is still in effect.

272470272_d4802bfbb3_b.jpg

(looking at the South end of the building)

If you're drawing a new building tamias, you might as well add some balconies to pick up the views of downtown from there. They were probably unable to add balconies on the existing structure because of its historical status.

Archived