UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I try to limit my posts to things that I know to be true and not hearsay. Well, here's the latest on Ruth's Chris - it appears that Ruth's Chris has an option on a piece of property at Woodruff and I-85, potentially The Point. My contact in the contractor's office overheard this today. Even though site selection has not been finalized, this is definitely going to happen. Expect an announcement within 60 days.

Also heard from the same source that South Fin. has chosen Greenville, I think everyone expected this. And expect an announcement regarding Cheesecake Factory in the very near future.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I try to limit my posts to things that I know to be true and not hearsay. Well, here's the latest on Ruth's Chris - it appears that Ruth's Chris has an option on a piece of property at Woodruff and I-85, potentially The Point. My contact in the contractor's office overheard this today. Even though site selection has not been finalized, this is definitely going to happen. Expect an announcement within 60 days.

Also heard from the same source that South Fin. has chosen Greenville, I think everyone expected this. And expect an announcement regarding Cheesecake Factory in the very near future.

Wherever a P.F.Changs opens, Cheesecake Factory is sure to follow! Great news! :thumbsup:

GSABusiness is reporting that a Charleston-based restaurant is coming to Falls Place! Located at the entrance to Falls Park on the Reedy, 'High Cotton' is described as "hearty and southern." Falls Place was originally a cotton warehouse, so the name is a perfect fit. Charelston meets Greenville once again. :D

http://mavericksouthernkitchens.com/

I presume this going to go in where the Terrace at RiverPlace Sales Office has been? This should be a nice location for a restaurant! :thumbsup:

GSABusiness is reporting that a Charleston-based restaurant is coming to Falls Place! Located at the entrance to Falls Park on the Reedy, 'High Cotton' is described as "hearty and southern." Falls Place was originally a cotton warehouse, so the name is a perfect fit. Charelston meets Greenville once again. :D

http://mavericksouthernkitchens.com/

Excellent news :thumbsup: Thanks Skyliner!

Guys, if the High Cotton in Greenville is as nice as the one in Charleston, it will be among Greenville's finest restaurants. A group of us went to High Cotton here before a semi-formal this past fall, and it was perfect. It is very nice, with excellent food and an attractive presentation. The atmosphere is elegant without feeling stuffy - it still feels very comfortable, if that makes sense. I had no idea they were even a chain, but am thrilled that we are getting one in Greenville!

I wonder what the Overlook Grille will think of a new restaurant tenant upstairs? Hopefully it will not hurt their business. I've been really pleased with the Overlook Grille.

Overlook Grill is a little gem. Sitting out under the heaters on a 40 degree night, overlooking the waterfall, the uplighting on the stone of the restaurant......an excellent first impression for tourist in Greenville! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

^ Great article. I would love it if Ruths Chris chose Verdae as the site. The first tenant in Verdae and a very quality tenant....imagine the restaurants that would follow! :thumbsup: This would also help move some of the new development off Woodruff, and give options for those not in the mood for Woodruff traffic.

^ Great article. I would love it if Ruths Chris chose Verdae as the site. The first tenant in Verdae and a very quality tenant....imagine the restaurants that would follow! :thumbsup: This would also help move some of the new development off Woodruff, and give options for those not in the mood for Woodruff traffic.

The article said the Verdae site would be at the intersection of Verdae and Woodruff so it would still be on Woodruff. Also said they are considering three other sites. One at Greenridge and one at the Point.

I liked where it said they would prefer to be downtwon, but disliked where they thought downtown was to far from I-85.

I think most of us have an aversion to the area of Woodruff Road centered around I-85 and I-385. It is too congested there, and we need to use the momentum created there in a positive way by also focusing on other areas. While the area at Verdae is still Woodruff Road, it is a totally separate area from Greenridge or The Point. Having something like Ruth's Chris at Verdae would set the standard for that area, yet still give the folks at Ruth's Chris close access to an interstate (two of them, in fact).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't consider Chipotle in the same category as Salsarita's. To me, Chipotle is sort of an in-between restaurant: sort of a hybrid fast-food restaurant that is a cut above Taco Bell but not to the level of a full-service restaurant. More like Moe's or Baja Fresh, if you have ever been to either of those. I think Chipotle will do well.

Chipotle seems to prefer locating in high-traffic urban areas. Do we know if they are looking downtown or in the West End?

I noticed yesterday that the tea bar "Sip" had realtor signs up. I assume they went out of business already. Anybody know if it was anything besides stiff competition with Ocha and a terrible location that brought their demise? I had heard that it was a pretty popular spot, despite it's awkward location. Heck, the Link just featured the owners in their rag like 3 weeks ago.

Archived