UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

Yeah, I saw that same feature. I can't imagine why the sudden move, unless it is to a more visible location. This would seem to be premature on the owner's part, since there are a couple spaces being upfitted just around the corner on River Street. I do know that something is about to happen in the upper corner space near the Peace Center. Hope to see something great go into that spot.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As reported in early post a oyster bar is opening on camperdown. I do not remember the name of it maybe West End Oysters? Any way below Mellow mushroom their is a posted sign for a liquor licence for a new restaurant called West Inlet Oyster bar. :silly:

• 2 weeks later...

Heard today that Chipotle is entering the Carolinas (both North and South) with stores in Charlotte and Triad for NC and Greenville for SC. Fairly reliable source. Hope it's true....would be awesome! :thumbsup:

http://www.chipotle.com/

Excellent news- I love that place and it will do a great business!

Speaking of fast Mexican food, now why did the downtown Salsarita's close and, before that, Fuddrucker's?

Excellent news- I love that place and it will do a great business!

Speaking of fast Mexican food, now why did the downtown Salsarita's close and, before that, Fuddrucker's?

Must be something with that location, maybe rent charged, I don't know.

When the downtown Salsarita's moved to Lewis Plaza a couple of miles away it always looks full to me

Fudd's opened additional suburban locations (a new one on Eastside) and Salsarita's moved to Augusta Road. Both were more casual lunch places and were slow in the evenings. 221 North (more upscale and lounge attitude) moved in and has seemed to do very well. Fits the Main Street vibe better.

Barberitos just opened on Pelham Road near Publix. Very similar to Moe's/Salsarita, I would place it somewhat better than Moe's, but not as good as Salsarita.

I also tried the new Brick City Grill around the corner. It is very similar to Flat Rock, but has a fantastic view of the city and Paris Mountain.

Barberitos just opened on Pelham Road near Publix. Very similar to Moe's/Salsarita, I would place it somewhat better than Moe's, but not as good as Salsarita.

I also tried the new Brick City Grill around the corner. It is very similar to Flat Rock, but has a fantastic view of the city and Paris Mountain.

Does Brick City have tables by the windows?? All us UP'ers need to check it out with our cameras. :D

Speaking of Brick City Grille, my wife and I had dinner there the other night. The table service was good, but our food took a looong time to get there. Normally, I will say something about this; however, they were concerned enough to say something to me first. They apologized for the delay, bought me a Bass and my wife a dessert.

I have to say I was pretty impressed that they even cared with customer service the way it is today. They turned the whole experience into a very positive one. The food was good too.

I have tried to go to the Brick City Grill in Anderson a few times, never eaten there. Everytime the wait was Very Very long. They do very well in Anderson, glad Greenville has one now.

Also, I am a huge Moe's fan, though I must say the Charleston area Moe's are a step above our own in quality. I have never met a Salsarita's fan. I myself have never eaten there, but that is becuase I usually don't eat out alone, and all my friends hate it. I have never heard a positive word about them. Maybe I should give them a try after all. Which location do you recomend?

Gotta disagree on Salsarita's, at least the Augusta Road location. They use a different combination of spices that just seems better than Moe's. To each his/her own, I guess.

I absolutely hate their chip salsa. It has no taste what so ever and it is always watered down too. :sick: Moe's is the way to go. "WELCOME TO MOE'S" :thumbsup:

what kills me is that nobody at Salsarita's seems to be able to properly roll a burrito....I always end up with more of a burrito ball.

back to the arguement at hand.....we tend to go to Moe's more often due to the fact that the wife is a vegetarian and Moe's has tofu, where as Salsarita's only offers the mushroom/bell pepper/onion mix that they somehow get away with calling mixed vegetables :blink:

I'll be honest with you, I am a Salsarita's lover. Moe's just doesn't provide the same quality for the same price and with the same great customer service, in my opinion. I am glad we can have so many different choices in the same market though. I have always really enjoyed the Pelham/Batesville location. The manager is from South Africa and is awesome. They recently opened a new store in The Shops at Greenridge, but I have yet to visit that one. :thumbsup:

I have not tried Barberito's yet.

I recently tried Brixx pizza at Greenridge for the first time, and found it to be okay. It was not the worst pizza I have ever had, but nowhere close to the best either. I found the crust to be a little too thin for my liking. The toppings were good, and the taste was satisfactory. One 10" pizza is about $7-8, and that was a good amount for me since the pizza is so thin. They aren't big enough to split, unless you aren't very hungry or have already eaten a salad/appetizer. I am not opposed to eating there again, but there are a ton of other pizza places I would choose before Brixx.

what kills me is that nobody at Salsarita's seems to be able to properly roll a burrito....I always end up with more of a burrito ball.

I usually end up with a burrito salad on my plate after the tortilla falls apart. I still prefer Salsarita's over Moe's any day, though. I especially love the one that relocated to Augusta Road from Main Street. :thumbsup:

I recently tried Brixx pizza at Greenridge for the first time, and found it to be okay. It was not the worst pizza I have ever had, but nowhere close to the best either. I found the crust to be a little too thin for my liking. The toppings were good, and the taste was satisfactory. One 10" pizza is about $7-8, and that was a good amount for me since the pizza is so thin. They aren't big enough to split, unless you aren't very hungry or have already eaten a salad/appetizer. I am not opposed to eating there again, but there are a ton of other pizza places I would choose before Brixx.

Just wait 10 years and your preferences will change, I assure you. I would have felt the same way when I was 25, but now, my wife and I can split one of Brixx Pizzas while our daughter eats a bowl of pasta easily. I love the crust at Brixx. It's not too heavy and is far from greasy. It's what keeps me going back. :thumbsup:

As a whole, I like Salsarita's food better (but it depends on the location....Moe's seems more consistent from restaurant to restaurant). The Salsarita's on Augusta is great as is the one in Greenridge. The Salsarita's over at 14 and Pelham needs a little help. :(

As a whole, I like Salsarita's food better (but it depends on the location....Moe's seems more consistent from restaurant to restaurant). The Salsarita's on Augusta is great as is the one in Greenridge. The Salsarita's over at 14 and Pelham needs a little help. :(

Wow, I have never had a bad lunch experience at the Pelham/Batesville location! :shok:

^^I have had a couple bad experiences there. I did have a decent experience at the Greenridge location, but I spent $2 more at than I would have at Moe's for the same food.

I have eaten at Uncle Berto's a couple times. It is a little more Mexican than it is Southwestern, but it is good!

Perhaps they moved their best servers and managers to the Greenridge store? I haven't been to any of them since it opened, so I don't know how frequent all of your experiences were in relation to mine. I do know that the same manager for the Pelham/Batesville location was the person opening the Greenridge store.

Archived