UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

Nice! This is close to Trattoria Giorgio's, then? Is it correct to assume that it will occupy a building that has not been occupied for quite some time?

You are correct on both assumptions. The space was last occupied by Meador's sandwich shop. It is right nextdoor to Trattoria Giorgio. :thumbsup:

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Bellacino's Pizza and Grinders' is the name of the new restaurant opening soon in the old Carpenter Brothers Drug Store on Main Street, across from the Westin Poinsett Hotel. Sounds quite "New York." :shades:

Now this sounds yummy. :thumbsup: I hope they decide to keep the decor similar to when it was Meadors. I loved the old drugstore look.

Hardee's parent company, CKE Restaurants, actually has three chains: Hardee's, Carl's Jr., and La Salsa Fresh Mexican Grill. What Red Burrito and Green Burrito are is an attempted dual-branding of individual restaurants. Red Burrito is the dual-branding equivalent to Hardee's that Green Burrito is to Carl's Jr. So, you'll be able to walk into Hardee's and also dine on Mexican fare from Red Burrito. Likewise, out west, you're able to walk into select Carl's Jr. establishments and dine on Mexican fare from Green Burrito, beginning with the Green Burrito/Red Burrito Taco Salad and expanding over time to feature other items.

Did I confuse anybody? Did I clarify it any?

Edit: From looking at the Green Burrito Menu at Carl's Jr., it appears they've already begun expanding the offerings there: http://www.carlsjr.com/menu/green_burrito

There's a Chipotle that has recently opened in Raleigh. I believe it's the first in the Carolinas; however, I've been told they'll enter the market in Charleston before they do here.

I've had good experiences at each Chipotle at which I've eaten thus far. You must have hit a bad location at a bad time, adrockc2. :unsure:

As for Moe's, they have recently added ground beef to their meat selection. I ate there this evening and was surprised to see it.

I'm sitting here craving Chipotle, myself. Guess I'll settle for Salsarita's.

Is the Salsarita's on Augusta out of business? Their lot has been empty the last two times I've ridden past. :huh: That's the only location I've visited and thought it might have a slight edge over Moe's.

The whole Hardee's/Carl's Jr./Burrito thing reminds me of the Hardee's on Haywood Road being converted to El Pollo Loco when those were owned by the same company (Advantica?).

Is the Salsarita's on Augusta out of business? Their lot has been empty the last two times I've ridden past. :huh: That's the only location I've visited and thought it might have a slight edge over Moe's.

I honestly don't know. I ate there about a month ago, but I've been out of town for the past month. I really wanted to go there this evening, but the wife had her sights set on Moe's. I really prefer Salsarita's, myself...especially the one on Augusta Road.

Archived