UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this may have already been posted but i c where there is a new starbucks going up in front of the bi-lo in north hills. so does this mean we should bid a fond farewell to the liquid highway (i think that what is is) that is next door to the new starbucks going up?

Now that's just mean of them, going in next to Liquid Highway. :angry:

Indeed. I don't personally care for Starbucks and always liked it that Greenville was real slow in getting Starbucks franchises in favor of our local ones. I'm surprised they haven't opened one on top of Coffee Underground and next to Port City Java on Main at this point.

There is a new free-standing Starbucks downtown, just off of Main Street near the North Hills Bi-Lo?!? I had no idea! That is a good place for one, as there are a lot of people in the North Main area. :)

I may be wrong, but I think they are referring to a Starbucks at the intersection of Pleasantburg and East North across from North Hills automotive in the parking of the Bi-Lo, not the North Main area.

Just had lunch at Flat Rock Grill on Woodruff Rd and there is a sign posted:

Smoke Free starting August 7th!

This is a great trend that hopefully other restaurants will move to. Other major metropolitan cities in the U.S. have been moving in this direction!

Just had lunch at Flat Rock Grill on Woodruff Rd and there is a sign posted:

Smoke Free starting August 7th!

This is a great trend that hopefully other restaurants will move to. Other major metropolitan cities in the U.S. have been moving in this direction!

That is great, especially for Flat Rock Grill! Smoke has a way of wafting down into the dining area from the bar area at both of their restaurants in Greenville. Maybe I can enjoy my Black and Blue Salad and Peanut Butter Pie now without the smell of smoke. :shades:

no Salsarita's is still open, i ate there for lunch yesterday and it was quite busy.

That's good to know! :thumbsup: Must have been lucky timing to see it deserted on two Saturdays like that.

I don't personally care for Starbucks and always liked it that Greenville was real slow in getting Starbucks franchises in favor of our local ones. I'm surprised they haven't opened one on top of Coffee Underground and next to Port City Java on Main at this point.

While resentment of a dominant international chain is understandable, Starbucks is at least partly responsible for the surge in coffee house popularity. Without their (Starbucks') contribution to the craze, some local places and smaller chains would likely not exist. Not being a coffee drinker but going to coffee places with others, I also prefer Port City. Their shakes top Starbucks' blended cremes (which are still good).

You mean a stand-alone Starbucks where the gas station used to be, right? I know there's already a Starbucks inside of the Bi-Lo there. I guess this is replacing it?

It could be replacing it, but there are precedents for such Starbucks redundancy. An Albertson's in Phoenix had one in-store, while a regular Starbucks was across the parking lot of the same shopping center. :rolleyes:

While resentment of a dominant international chain is understandable, Starbucks is at least partly responsible for the surge in coffee house popularity. Without their (Starbucks') contribution to the craze, some local places and smaller chains would likely not exist. Not being a coffee drinker but going to coffee places with others, I also prefer Port City. Their shakes top Starbucks' blended cremes (which are still good).

QUOTE(RestedTraveler @ Jul 27 2006, 11:05 AM)

You mean a stand-alone Starbucks where the gas station used to be, right? I know there's already a Starbucks inside of the Bi-Lo there. I guess this is replacing it?

It could be replacing it, but there are precedents for such Starbucks redundancy. An Albertson's in Phoenix had one in-store, while a regular Starbucks was across the parking lot of the same shopping center. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I don't resent Starbucks for their success, more power to them. I just don't like their coffee, too burnt for me. I like the milder flavor of another national chain, Caribou, for instance.

I believe the first stand along Starbucks in Greenville, 4 years ago or so, was next to a Barnes & Noble that already was serving Starbucks coffee.

Yeah, I don't resent Starbucks for their success, more power to them. I just don't like their coffee, too burnt for me. I like the milder flavor of another national chain, Caribou, for instance.

I believe the first stand along Starbucks in Greenville, 4 years ago or so, was next to a Barnes & Noble that already was serving Starbucks coffee.

OK, sorry for that misinterpretation.

• 1 month later...

What the heck is "Red Robin"? Gourmet burgers? Isn't that a contradiction? :blink: Sounds like a Ruby Tuesday clone. It's being built at Greenridge, btw.

I think they are direct competition to Fudruckers. It kind of interesting a Red Robin Resteraunt is being built at that location. Their has been a Red Robin gas station/convience store at the corner of Woodruff and Garlington (or is it Miller Road on that side of Woodruff?)

I'm a big fan of the Myst series of games which are made by a company in Spokane, Washington. The people who work their and the fans who visit them are know for eating at the local Red Robin. (Just bit of Red Robin trivia)

What the heck is "Red Robin"? Gourmet burgers? Isn't that a contradiction? :blink: Sounds like a Ruby Tuesday clone. It's being built at Greenridge, btw.

Red Robin is really big out west (Pacific Coast and Colorado/Arizona) and they're starting to make inroads in the Northeast and now into the Southeast. Their burgers are pretty good (not as good as Five Guys, though). Patrick is correct, I believe. They are in direct competition with Fudruckers, as well as Ruby Tuesday and T.G.I. Friday's, although Friday's has taken steps to move away from being a burger-centric place.

Archived