UPDATE:New Greenville Restaurants

gvlnative

Yeah, when I first saw the sign before construction began that said, "Coming soon: Red Robin", I thought the gas station was relocating there, too. Seemed kinda' weird of them to only move a half mile up the road, then it took shape and turned out to be a restaurant. I forgot all about Fuddrucker's burgers. Mmmmm...Fuddrucker's. Great! now I'm hungry again.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Five Guys for the first time last night and I have to tell ya, it ROCKED! However, I'll save that for the thread dedicated to the best burgers in the upstate. I'm not sure where that is these days, but I'm sure it's somewhere under the South Carolina Forum.

I've never heard of 5 guys. Where is that?

I went to Five Guys for the first time last night and I have to tell ya, it ROCKED! However, I'll save that for the thread dedicated to the best burgers in the upstate. I'm not sure where that is these days, but I'm sure it's somewhere under the South Carolina Forum.

I found the thread. It's HERE.

What the heck is "Red Robin"? Gourmet burgers? Isn't that a contradiction? :blink: Sounds like a Ruby Tuesday clone. It's being built at Greenridge, btw.

Actually, restaurants like Ruby Tuesday's, Applebee's, Friday's are struggling. Maybe not locally, but those restaurants have lost their unique-ness.

Red Robin brings some of that back... specializing in doing things with burgers. (Fried egg on a burger?... bottomless fries, etc.)

It'll probably be very successful here, as it brings a little of that uniqueness back.

Actually, restaurants like Ruby Tuesday's, Applebee's, Friday's are struggling. Maybe not locally, but those restaurants have lost their unique-ness.

Red Robin brings some of that back... specializing in doing things with burgers. (Fried egg on a burger?... bottomless fries, etc.)

It'll probably be very successful here, as it brings a little of that uniqueness back.

Hey now...Ruby Tuesday has (or at least had at one time) bottomless fries, too. :P

Does it... that's news to me. But I haven't been to one in eons.

I'm not sure if it still does, actually. The last time I ate at one was at the mall and the server that evening told us that refills on the fries were bottomless. Of course, neither my wife nor I took advantage of that offer. :whistling:

A couple of tidbits from the 21-SEP-2006 board of zoning appeals agenda:

S 06-13. Special exception to allow a bar/restaurant at 115 N. Brown St., zoned C-4, Central Business District (TMS # 1-6-10). The applicant is Brian Doiron.

S 06-16. Special exception to allow a bar/restaurant at 7 W. Washington St., zoned C-4, Central Business District (TMS # 1-3-12). The applicant is Neelu Matai.

S 05-03. Request to modify the Order of the Board of Zoning Appeals regarding the Special Exception allowing a bar/lounge at 221 N. Main St., zoned C-4 Central Business District. (TMS # 2-6-23). The applicant is Kelley Hagerty.

S 06-16. Special exception to allow a bar/restaurant at 7 W. Washington St., zoned C-4, Central Business District (TMS # 1-3-12). The applicant is Neelu Matai.

I think that's the old Kelley's Grill location. Wonder what's going in there...

I sure miss Kelley's breakfast burritos.

I think that's the old Kelley's Grill location. Wonder what's going in there...

I believe you are correct. I'm not sure what's planned for that spot, but there is a public hearing sign in the window which jives with this item being on the agenda. I never got to try Kelley's since it never seemed to be open whenever I was downtown and could take advantage of it.

221 North Main... Has anyone noticed the many restaurants/lounges/bars that have failed there in recent years? Fuudrucker's was successful there, that would be evident today.

Has anyone notice what is going into the former Lone Star on Congaree Road? The building is undergoing an exterior paint job to light blue and white.

221 North Main... Has anyone noticed the many restaurants/lounges/bars that have failed there in recent years? Fuudrucker's was successful there, that would be evident today.

Fudruckers did pretty well there, that's for sure. The place just swallowed Salsarita's - it was way too big for them. They're doing much better on Augusta, I suspect. I believe this item is to re-classify 221's status as a bar/lounge rather than a bar/restaurant. Remember the ruckus over that "covert" application and how it took the city by "surprise" that it turned out to be a lounge? This is supposedly why the city was all up-in-arms over what the Grape was going to actually be and put their license on hold, etc.

Has anyone notice what is going into the former Lone Star on Congaree Road? The building is undergoing an exterior paint job to light blue and white.

I noticed the same thing this evening, but I have no idea what it could be. It'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Hi tranquil14! Welcome to Urban Planet! :yahoo:

I believe (and someone can correct me if I am wrong) that any talk of the Cheesecake Factory coming to Greenville was 100% pure conjecture / wishful thinking on our part. I don't recall there being any solid leads on this topic.

It was listed in the Greenville Journal a few months ago that they were looking at the Woodruff Road area...unless that person got the idea from this web site and in that case we are just going in circles :wacko:

Archived