North Quad Design Released

wolverine

The renderings for the new residence hall at U of M have been released. The building will be locateed where the historic Frieze Building exists. The building will be only partially demolished. The Carnegie Library will be integrated into the design. (Badly IMO) It's the tacked on building to the side. I don't have digital renderings, sorry. I took a picture of the Michigan Daily article with my camera.

North Quad Design

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That block around Washington/Huron/Thayer is going to look great in a few years with everything done. The rehabbed Cornerhouse apartments, the new U building on the southeast corner of Thayer and Washington (seven stories, I think, and the name escapes me) and and North Quad just to the north of it. A little bit of density in an unlikely place.

Cornerhouse wasn't a rehab. It used to be 1 story restaurant, do you mean Lane Hall across the street? That was renovated.

I agree though on this new dense intersection. Reguardless of design, it's exciting to see a build up of that corner. Especially since the new building will definitely be taller than the Frieze building.

Archived