Hartford MSA and CSA population estimate 2005

Bartholomew

Based on the latest census bureau county estimates, in 2005 the Hartford Comdined Statistical Area surpassed 1.3 million for the first time.

Link: http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/CO-EST2005-01.html

Hartford CSA consists of the Hartford MSA and the Willimantic MSA

Hartford MSA includes Hartford, Middlesex, and Tolland Counties

Willimantic MSA includes Windham County.

Hartford MSA 1,188,241

Willimantic MSA 115,826

HARTFORD CSA 1,304,067

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the latest census bureau county estimates, in 2005 the Hartford Comdined Statistical Area surpassed 1.3 million for the first time.

Link: http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/CO-EST2005-01.html

Hartford CSA consists of the Hartford MSA and the Willimantic MSA

Hartford MSA includes Hartford, Middlesex, and Tolland Counties

Willimantic MSA includes Windham County.

Hartford MSA 1,188,241

Willimantic MSA 115,826

HARTFORD CSA 1,304,067

Does anyone know why doesn't the Hartford CSA include Springfield and New Haven? Does any one know why the Hartford-New Haven TV market (TV Markets ) doesn't include Springfield???

I actually think Springfield got their own CBS affiliate last year. It's CBS 3 but not our channel 3 they have their own. But they are owned by the same company, Meredith. Before then they did share ours and the station alway said Hartford New Haven Springfield, now our's says Hartford New Haven New London if I am not mistaking.

I live in downtown Springfield, but I grew up in Metro Hartford, and my dream is to live in downtown Hartford as soon as I can afford it. Downtown Hartford rents are a little tough on a new college graduate.

Anyway, Springfield does now have its own CBS affiliate WSHM Channel 3, and its terrible....they are still working a lot of bugs out of their new station and when they list a mailing address it is Constitution Plaza in Hartford.

I live in downtown Springfield, but I grew up in Metro Hartford, and my dream is to live in downtown Hartford as soon as I can afford it. Downtown Hartford rents are a little tough on a new college graduate.

Now this is a quote we could use to market Hartford. I feel the same way though and the rents are kind of steep for a slightly above entry level professional like myself as well.

Archived