Request for Letters of Interest - 201 Market

GRDadof3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but isn't that one of the fastest growing areas of Downtown? The heartside has had all kinds of goodthings going on, not to mention the complete rebuild of commerce and Ionia in that area. and alot of those abandoned buildings have already been refurbished!

I'm not sure I would consider this Heartside with the s-curve curving right through it. It may be officially considered Heartside now, but I think that project x will create a new district of downtown.

I would propose that tommorrow, at 10:31 AM, after the project is announced, we should begin to think of a name for this new district.

we should begin to think of a name for this new district.

How about:

SoMa

SoGrand

FooFooGrand

SouthTown

RiverSouth

ToldYaSoSouthofDoTo

PutUporShutUpTechTown

MarkLondonRetirementVillage

ProjectXWhenIsItEverGonnaComeVille

MarketGoogInterscopeSixFlagsXanaduMSUDestinyTrump - USA (not to be confused with the Dubai location)

Should I start a poll? :)

How about:

SoMa

SoGrand

FooFooGrand

SouthTown

RiverSouth

ToldYaSoSouthofDoTo

PutUporShutUpTechTown

MarkLondonRetirementVillage

ProjectXWhenIsItEverGonnaComeVille

MarketGoogInterscopeSixFlagsXanaduMSUDestinyTrump - USA

Should I start a poll? :)

How about 50 acres and a mule?

I think South Market would be cool. :thumbsup:

Maybe if London gets to stay we could go with South Strip.

Wheeler from Rockford Const. is interested in it too, and he said they were interested in it years ago, but he also wouldn't stand in the way of major progress. He basically said he had mixed use retail/commerical in mind, with more residential on the riverfront.

If someone else buys 201 market, and comes up with something great for it, even if it isn't what Geha has to say, it's still progress! :yahoo:

:lol: I meant XXX as in Showgirls XXX..

They are actually going to rename Market Street to XXX Street. The street running east/west by London's new location will be renamed DD Avenue. So you'll just have to have a taxi fetch you to "Triple X and Double D" to catch the show.

Commissioners voted tonight to put the land up for sale and to start the RFP process. Rick Tormala was the only dissenting vote.

Figures.

I enjoyed the GRP story where JJ went on and on about where they'd find to park the City vehicles if this project got started. It was almost like something from National Lampoon.

Perhaps attending a visioning session should be a pre-req for running for public office.

They are actually going to rename Market Street to XXX Street. The street running east/west by London's new location will be renamed DD Avenue. So you'll just have to have a taxi fetch you to "Triple X and Double D" to catch the show.

All this fuss over a red light district... only in Grand Rapids ;)

Still, the corner of "Triple X and Double D" is a funny thought :D

Archived