Pleasant Crossing

mcheiss

They other big retail project in Rogers: Pleasant Crossing, is supposed to open in stages. The Wal-Mart Supercenter and Arvest Bank were the first in Phase One. The Powercenter (Big Box Retail Stores) is supposed to open in the Spring of 2006, and the Lifestyle center in it supposed to open in the Fall of 2006.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is great they are starting on the mall, but can we not have anything besides Dillards in Arkansas. I mean come on...There are so many better dept stores than Dillards. I wish I had connections with Dept. Stores outside of the state and I would write them to tell them they need to come. I mean what about Macys, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor...why can we not get any of those? This area could definitely support them and I think people would want to stay here after moving here. A lot of people complain that this area doesn't have what they had back home in Chicago, NY, Dallas, or Atlanta. They need these amenities and we need to provide them.

Little Rock and NWA are getting a Parisian which is a smaller modified Saks.

As for Nordstrom's, Saks, Lord and Taylot, and the like NWA or Little Rock simply won't support that sort of store. Neither area really has the type of shopping center you see these stores in as well. Park Plaza is upscale but just too small.

Little Rock and NWA are getting a Parisian which is a smaller modified Saks.

As for Nordstrom's, Saks, Lord and Taylot, and the like NWA or Little Rock simply won't support that sort of store. Neither area really has the type of shopping center you see these stores in as well. Park Plaza is upscale but just too small.

That is great about Parisian. At least it is something different from Dillards. But I do disagree with you Aporkalypse on that NWA or Little Rock could support these types of stores. I definitely think NWA could support a Nordstrom and even Neiman Marcus. That majority of the vendors and walmart people can afford these type of goods. I think even Little Rock could support a Nordstrom. Look at Tulsa. They have a Saks in their area. I truly believe NWA has as much or more money than Tulsa in the metro area. I mean, I don't really care to shop at Neiman Marcus, but it would really help out our reputation as being a nice place just by having stores like those.

Well, another tenant has been announced for Pleasant Crossing.

The Market at Rogers recently bought a lot in the shopping center for Charles C. Reaves (developer). The Market at Rogers is supposed to be an upscale home decorating store that is managed by Interiors Galleria which has locations in Oklahoma City and Tulsa.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^Pinnacle will probably not announce tenants until about a month or two before they open the Promenade. The problem is is that they fear if Pleasant Crossing finds out about their tenants, than Pleasant Crossing will offer them more money to come to Pleasant Crossing.

On a plus note, I found out a new development going on in Pinnacle Point. A New York Style Deli and Restaurant is coming to the old Market Grocery Store. The Restaurant will be almost identical to any New York Deli and will also have a bakery and a liquor permit.

If I'm correct, I think this is the first of it's kind in NW Arkansas. I'm not sure if there's even one in LR, but this is suppose to be as authentic as it gets. The owners have lived in New York all their lives and they are hiring a chef that's suppose to have years of experience.

• 3 months later...

All the Pleasant Crossing discussions will be moved here.

Also, Sportsman's Warehouse looks almost complete, along with Backyard Burgers finished!!

I really need to get back up there and take some pics and just see what's been done since the last time I was up there. I'm really hoping after I'm back from Albuquerque that I can finally start going out alittle more like I've been wanting. :D

• 2 weeks later...

People keep saying that Pleasant Crossing and Pinnacle Promenade aren't really going to hurt business at Northwest Arkansas Mall or even Dickson Street but I have my doubts. NWA Mall is going to end up like Frisco Station Mall (formerly Dixieland Mall) with all the high-end stores moving to Rogers or just closing their doors for good. Why? Because NWA Mall used to be the only mall atmosphere in NWA. People like to shop at the best mall in town and that's definitely not NWA Mall. Dickson Street specialty retailers will also feel the bite but fortunately their customer base is still growing and Dickson Street will always appeal to shoppers, whereas NWA Mall depends on the 200,000+ shoppers in Benton County and neighboring counties. When those shoppers stop going to NWA Mall it's going to hurt... a lot.

I can't wait until I never have to step foot in NWA Mall again!

People keep saying that Pleasant Crossing and Pinnacle Promenade aren't really going to hurt business at Northwest Arkansas Mall or even Dickson Street but I have my doubts. NWA Mall is going to end up like Frisco Station Mall (formerly Dixieland Mall) with all the high-end stores moving to Rogers or just closing their doors for good. Why? Because NWA Mall used to be the only mall atmosphere in NWA. People like to shop at the best mall in town and that's definitely not NWA Mall. Dickson Street specialty retailers will also feel the bite but fortunately their customer base is still growing and Dickson Street will always appeal to shoppers, whereas NWA Mall depends on the 200,000+ shoppers in Benton County and neighboring counties. When those shoppers stop going to NWA Mall it's going to hurt... a lot.

I can't wait until I never have to step foot in NWA Mall again!

Not true.

NWA Mall will still have the same amount of stores as it does now. They might loose a few, but NWA Mall officials have projected that sales should remain good even when both new malls open. Most people in Fayetteville will continue going to the NWA Mall. We are a metro of about 400,000, it's about time we got a second and third large mall. Places like Springfield probably have more than one mall.

Not true.

NWA Mall will still have the same amount of stores as it does now. They might loose a few, but NWA Mall officials have projected that sales should remain good even when both new malls open. Most people in Fayetteville will continue going to the NWA Mall. We are a metro of about 400,000, it's about time we got a second and third large mall. Places like Springfield probably have more than one mall.

Right on mcheiss! I don't know why people think Fayetteville is going to shrink, lose all of its business to Benton County, and die. Pshhh! Fayetteville has been and will always will be the most cultural, well-balanced city in NWA. Fayetteville is not going to melt away just because Benton County is doing well. They will all do well. Fayetteville / Springdale are the largest cities up there...there is a reason for that. I have no doubt that Fayetteville will only get larger and more dense and come out being the "big city" of the metro.

It has all of the ingredients of a larger city, Benton County cities only have certain ingredients.

Not true.

The Mall reps are who I'm referring to... I guess it's good to be optimistic. But like I said, Benton County has a larger population than Washington County and shoppers are going to go to the biggest, best mall in the area and right now that's NWA Mall. Next year it will be Pleasant Crossing and Pinnacle Promenade.

I'm just being realistic. I guess we'll find out soon enough who's right.

Right on mcheiss! I don't know why people think Fayetteville is going to shrink, lose all of its business to Benton County, and die. Pshhh! Fayetteville has been and will always will be the most cultural, well-balanced city in NWA. Fayetteville is not going to melt away just because Benton County is doing well. They will all do well. Fayetteville / Springdale are the largest cities up there...there is a reason for that. I have no doubt that Fayetteville will only get larger and more dense and come out being the "big city" of the metro.

It has all of the ingredients of a larger city, Benton County cities only have certain ingredients.

I agree. People in Fayetteville, its emerging burbs, and most of Springdale aren't going to drive to Rogers other than to check it out maybe in the intial opening phases.

Fayetteville, Springdale and its burbs are probably 150k people by now and thats plenty to keep the stores in NWA Mall in business.

The comparison to Frisco Station Mall is just nutty.

I agree. People in Fayetteville, its emerging burbs, and most of Springdale aren't going to drive to Rogers other than to check it out maybe in the intial opening phases.

Fayetteville, Springdale and its burbs are probably 150k people by now and thats plenty to keep the stores in NWA Mall in business.

The comparison to Frisco Station Mall is just nutty.

The bottom-line is sales growth. Right now NWA Mall has a customer base of over half a million people. Over half of them live closer to Rogers than Fayetteville. Even if NWA Mall manages to keep half their customers it still may put a lot of stores out of business and some will move to Rogers just to stay in business.

Frisco Station Mall has just added a couple of tenants... one being Southwest Trade Company, which I might add used to be in NWA Mall.

I think it just depends on which types of retail you're talking about. For some it won't make much difference because I do think our metro is growing big enough to support locations in both Washington and Benton Counties. But for some specialty shops I could see there being more of a difference. Even if things do go well I wouldn't be too surprised if there is some drop off at least in the beginning. But eventually I think growth will catch up and help things out. I suppose it also depends on how traffic ends up being around some of these new retail areas in Benton County. If traffic gets bad enough people from washington County might be a little less inclined to go at least on a very frequent basis. But if they manage to pick up most of the specialty retail then everyone might have to go whether they want to or not. Speaking for myself, I imagine I'll go up there on an occasional basis but probably not very regularly. But I'll go to the NWA Mall and retail in Fayetteville a lot more frequently.

A big factor in this situation is the store owners. They are going to want to be located near the largest, most popular mall in the area. So that means they will want to a) open a second location in the area, or b) close the current store and relocate all together.

For many owners B will be the more cost effective choice. This kind of thing happens all over the US and probably would have happened in Little Rock had the Summit Mall been built, University would have closed and Park Plaza would lost some tenants and shoppers as well. Even though the Little Rock MSA isnt growing as fast as NWA, its growing fast enough and is large enough to warrant keeping old stores when newer ones open up. And there is no doubt that NWA Mall will lose some shoppers, the question is how many.

The area will have no problem supporting more than one mall.

The area is underserved by retail...it's just beginning to catch up.

The new Rogers mall(s) may draw a lot of people that don't shop at malls period right now. It will also draw people in that have done most of their shopping in Tulsa or Little Rock. Not to mention a lot of people will probaby use both. It is not going to hurt NWA mall. That mall is in a very prime location. That fact can't be ignored. If the stores in the mall want to be in or near the new mall(s) then they will open other locations. They won't be leaving NWA Mall. Just about every business up there has multiple locations. They are always opening new locations.

Some have too many locatioins. The fact is, NWA mall is there to stay. They may see a slight decline at first due to people going to check out the new stuff in Benton County, but that won't last long. Not to mention how many people could care less about the new malls and will shop at NWA mall where they have always shopped, where it's more convenient, and are more familiar with

The new Rogers mall(s) may draw a lot of people that don't shop at malls period right now. It will also draw people in that have done most of their shopping in Tulsa or Little Rock. Not to mention a lot of people will probaby use both. It is not going to hurt NWA mall. That mall is in a very prime location. That fact can't be ignored. If the stores in the mall want to be in or near the new mall(s) then they will open other locations. They won't be leaving NWA Mall. Just about every business up there has multiple locations. They are always opening new locations.

Some have too many locatioins. The fact is, NWA mall is there to stay. They may see a slight decline at first due to people going to check out the new stuff in Benton County, but that won't last long. Not to mention how many people could care less about the new malls and will shop at NWA mall where they have always shopped, where it's more convenient, and are more familiar with

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see a major expansion and renovation of NWA Mall in 5-10 years. It's a very successful mall, it's just that NWA is large enough now for multiple retail centers - especially because of the distance between the two poles of the metro.

What about the 200,000+ people that live closer to Rogers than Fayetteville and will find the new Rogers "malls" more convenient? What about the fact that most of the name brands that you'll find at NWA Mall will be found at the new Rogers "malls" and quite a few name brands that you won't find anywhere in Fayetteville? What about the fact that instead of being boxed up in a mall with an outdated look and cardboard atmoshphere those 200,000+ shoppers will enjoy the most beautiful mix of unique architecture and outdoor charm than any other shopping experience in NWA?

I drove past the Pinnacle Promenade yesterday and my jaw dropped at the amazing site of golden domes and towers rising into the sky and it's not even finished yet. This is going to be as close to "Disney-ish" shopping as it gets in NWA and there's another one right around the corner up here in Rogers. The mall has seen it's hey day but it's coming to an end.

What about the 200,000+ people that live closer to Rogers than Fayetteville and will find the new Rogers "malls" more convenient? What about the fact that most of the name brands that you'll find at NWA Mall will be found at the new Rogers "malls" and quite a few name brands that you won't find anywhere in Fayetteville? What about the fact that instead of being boxed up in a mall with an outdated look and cardboard atmoshphere those 200,000+ shoppers will enjoy the most beautiful mix of unique architecture and outdoor charm than any other shopping experience in NWA?

I drove past the Pinnacle Promenade yesterday and my jaw dropped at the amazing site of golden domes and towers rising into the sky and it's not even finished yet. This is going to be as close to "Disney-ish" shopping as it gets in NWA and there's another one right around the corner up here in Rogers. The mall has seen it's hey day but it's coming to an end.

You need to get out of Benton County more.

You need to get out of Benton County more.

LOL for real.

Mason'sDad - you need to realize that the counties are about the same in population, not much difference at all. Also, some people like enclosed malls. I'm one of those people. It creates an atmosphere. While, I also like the developments such as the ones in Benton County, it can't replace the atmosphere of a true "mall." I'm not sure why you think 200,000 people live closer to Rogers than Fayetteville. That's about half the population. You have to remember, Fayetteville/Springdale is the largest cluster of population. Guess what is in the center of that? Northwest Arkansas Mall!

LOL for real.

Mason'sDad - you need to realize that the counties are about the same in population, not much difference at all. Also, some people like enclosed malls. I'm one of those people. It creates an atmosphere. While, I also like the developments such as the ones in Benton County, it can't replace the atmosphere of a true "mall." I'm not sure why you think 200,000 people live closer to Rogers than Fayetteville. That's about half the population. You have to remember, Fayetteville/Springdale is the largest cluster of population. Guess what is in the center of that? Northwest Arkansas Mall!

I think I'm well enough aware of populations in Northwest Arkansas. I'm also aware that more than 50% of the metro's population lives in Benton County. I'm also aware that the southern edge of Benton County is much closer to Pleasant Crossing and Pinnacle Promenade than the mall.

Oh and I do love enclosed malls... when they're nice malls which NWA Mall falls short of. The only atmosphere NWA Mall creates is one of suffocation and blandness. I've been to many malls that have a much more pleasant atmosphere.

I think I'm well enough aware of populations in Northwest Arkansas. I'm also aware that more than 50% of the metro's population lives in Benton County. I'm also aware that the southern edge of Benton County is much closer to Pleasant Crossing and Pinnacle Promenade than the mall.

Oh and I do love enclosed malls... when they're nice malls which NWA Mall falls short of. The only atmosphere NWA Mall creates is one of suffocation and blandness. I've been to many malls that have a much more pleasant atmosphere.

Actually, the southern tip of Benton County is closer to NWA Mall. A small part of Springdale reaches into the southern portion of Benton County. Ummm, more than 50% of the population of the MSA does not live in Benton County. You need to remember that the MSA is made up of more than Benton and Washington Counties. Either way, the area is quite big enough to support more retail. Be happy that there will be more choices. I don't see anything wrong with NWA Mall. I think it's quite nice. Sure, it could be nicer, but you act like it's the ghetto or something. I swear you must be bi-polar or something. Some days you love NWA and it's the best place in the world. Other days, you aren't impressed by it and it's a bore. You talk so much about Benton County being better than Fayetteville. Let me tell you, if I ever move up there, i would be to Fayetteville. It's the largest city up there, and that will never change unless Springdale overtakes it. Fayetteville is the most cultural and diverse city there. Benton County is nice, but it lacks the qualities that Fayetteville offers the area. You can't just build what Fayetteville has developed. So, to say it doesn't impress you is silly, when it has a lot more to offer than Benton County.

Archived