Pleasant Crossing

mcheiss

That's a nice downhome type of fast food chain. At least Pleasant Crossing doesn't have high aspirations like Pinnacle Promenade does.

I've heard that Taco Bueno was good. I would think that since Walmart is a tenant it would drive away any higher-end stores to this development.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard that Taco Bueno was good. I would think that since Walmart is a tenant it would drive away any higher-end stores to this development.

Taco Bueno is okay but to me it's too close to Taco Bell. I guess I've been spoiled by the Flying Burrito and Qdoba.

On the Contrary... Pleasant Crossing has attracted Saks to build a Parisian Department Store in the development.

It looks like Pleasant Crossing has dropped one of it's main developers, the BOS Group. Instead, the development will be in a joint agreement between two Texas firms to develop both Pleasant Crossing East and Pleasant Crossing West.

A few more confirmed tenants by Charles C. Reaves:

Wal-Mart Supercenter (completed)

Arvest Bank (completed)

Backyard Burgers (completed)

Joey's Only Seafood

Ethan Allen

Ross

Saks Parisian

Michael's Arts and Crafts

Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Sportsman's Warehouse

First Security Bank

The Market (Upscale Flea Market)

Taco Bueno

Malco Theatres 12 Screen Digital Theatre plus IMAX Theatre (on hold)

Gordmans

TJ Max

Boomerang Carwash

Itz Entertainment Restaurant

Gap

Office Max

The Sports Authority

People keep saying that Pleasant Crossing and Pinnacle Promenade aren't really going to hurt business at Northwest Arkansas Mall or even Dickson Street but I have my doubts. NWA Mall is going to end up like Frisco Station Mall (formerly Dixieland Mall) with all the high-end stores moving to Rogers or just closing their doors for good. Why? Because NWA Mall used to be the only mall atmosphere in NWA. People like to shop at the best mall in town and that's definitely not NWA Mall.

I love comedy, and I own an XM radio. The other day I switched over to the comedy channel and Chris Rock came on. While he put a racial spin on it, what he said basicly agreed with you (and myself) about people doing the newest greatest mall, and the other being neglected. He said "Every town has two malls. The one the white people shop at, and the one white people used to shop at. New mall opens up and all the good stores go there. Then we get the crappy stores that go in the old mall. So us black folks end up with a mall full of baby stores and shoe stores. I guess they think all we do is have babies and run from the police. The only other store is a 15 story Woolworths with valet parking and with personal shopping assistants that come up and say, Can I help you with your cheap crappy purchases today?"

While Chris Rock says some racy stuff (the above is obviously the edited version) and puts things in a way that I would not, his sentiment is exactly the same as what I believe also. People in this corner of the state will decide. I grew up in the north part of San Diego county. We had two major malls. One was alot closer to my house at times growing up than the one we shopped at regularly. We would literaly spend extra time in the car driving to get to the new and thus "better" mall. That new and better mall will be in Rogers. I am excited about the new stores and business. What I am not excited about is the increased traffic we will get from the Fayetteville mall area. Its hard enough getting around here. WE NEED NEW ROADS! :(

I think for him (Chris Rock) his emphasis is skin color, but truth be told I believe the difference is more education which equals social status. We dont have much in the way of African Americans, but we do have our share of what would be refered to as "Poor White Trash". They would make good use of a 15 story Woolworths. :P

BTW- Please do not read anything into this. I am in no way "judging" anyone, but observing social behaviour. Sociology. The study of poor people. You get a degree in it, acquire thousands in student loans, and then join the "study group" of poor! :(:P

I don't know I think the NWA Mall won't do as well as it had but I don't see it going downhill really either. I think this metro is getting big enough two support more than one big retail center. I think enough Washington County people will keep the NWA Mall going. While I imagine people will go up to Benton County to shop as well. I don't know if everyone say in Fayetteville are going to head up to Benton County every time they want to shop. It's greatest days might be behind it but I still think it will do okay.

^^

Northwest Arkansas Mall just needs a facelift. Let in some more light and get some water features and more special events like collectible shows and more cars and such on display. It'll survive, but not if they just sit idle while Pinnacle Promenade knocks the socks off enough Washington County folks that they'd rather make the extra trip to be entertained while shopping and fine dining.

^^

Northwest Arkansas Mall just needs a facelift. Let in some more light and get some water features and more special events like collectible shows and more cars and such on display. It'll survive, but not if they just sit idle while Pinnacle Promenade knocks the socks off enough Washington County folks that they'd rather make the extra trip to be entertained while shopping and fine dining.

True, depending on how well the Benton County retail developments 'wow' people and what the NWA Mall does to counter this will have some influence. But I also think Fayetteville people are somewhat used to being able to do things in their own 'backyard'. That of course Fayetteville isn't as close to those retails areas as others are. I can see people going on weekends and such but I wonder if people from Fayetteville will go up there on weekends and such. But who knows, people might be impressed enough to be willing to go up there on a rather frequent basis.

True, depending on how well the Benton County retail developments 'wow' people and what the NWA Mall does to counter this will have some influence. But I also think Fayetteville people are somewhat used to being able to do things in their own 'backyard'. That of course Fayetteville isn't as close to those retails areas as others are. I can see people going on weekends and such but I wonder if people from Fayetteville will go up there on weekends and such. But who knows, people might be impressed enough to be willing to go up there on a rather frequent basis.

It depends on how good the water/light shows and the live music amphitheatre is going to be at Pinnacle Promenade. It's going to be much more than a shopping destination. But for just quick shopping NWA Mall will do well. Weekends will be dominated by Pinnacle Promenade, especially with all that will be going on across the bypass at the Shoppes at Pinnacle Hills with it's added shopping and dining and the Hammons Convention Center, which will be just a walk across a bridge from the Promenade.

The Promenade seems like more of a Weekend kind of deal, while Pleasant Crossing seems like an everyday kind of deal, since it will have TJ Maxx, Wal-Mart Supercenter, Arvest Bank, etc.

Also, the roads at these malls will be superb, I assure you. The Promenade will have a 9 lane road "Perry Road" and a 5 lane Hospital Blvd Road, to make Arkansas's largest Intersection (Lane Wise).

Pleasant Crossing has a 5 lane Pleasant Grove Rd, plus a 7 lane Pleasant Crossing Blvd.

The Promenade seems like more of a Weekend kind of deal, while Pleasant Crossing seems like an everyday kind of deal, since it will have TJ Maxx, Wal-Mart Supercenter, Arvest Bank, etc.

Also, the roads at these malls will be superb, I assure you. The Promenade will have a 9 lane road "Perry Road" and a 5 lane Hospital Blvd Road, to make Arkansas's largest Intersection (Lane Wise).

Pleasant Crossing has a 5 lane Pleasant Grove Rd, plus a 7 lane Pleasant Crossing Blvd.

Im wondering, also, as you leave the Walmart and you are there at the light there is a partial road heading straight. Is that going to connect the two? A sort of large frontage road that runs paralel 540 between the two?

Im wondering, also, as you leave the Walmart and you are there at the light there is a partial road heading straight. Is that going to connect the two? A sort of large frontage road that runs paralel 540 between the two?

Yes, it will connect Pleasant Crossing with Pleasant Grove Road.

Kinda-sorta-not. It will, according to Rogers, "hook-up" with 26th St (when they're going to do that, I don't know). 26th will connect with Perry, then you'd take a left to reach Promenade. Check out www.rogersgis.com (you'll need a plug-in) to see the City of Rogers street network with their Master Street Plan.

Regarding the masonsdad comment about just a 'walk across a bridge'. I'm not sure if there's a plan for pedestrian accomodation from Promenade to the west side of I-540. If they don't, I garauntee people will complain about it at some time.

Regarding the masonsdad comment about just a 'walk across a bridge'. I'm not sure if there's a plan for pedestrian accomodation from Promenade to the west side of I-540. If they don't, I garauntee people will complain about it at some time.

You're probably right that they won't make the bridge crossing very pedestrian friendly. It'll be kind of hard with as much traffic as they're expecting at that intersection. A much more cost effective approach would be for Pinnacle Hills to create a trolley system that runs people from the Promenade to the Shoppes and the Convention Center/Embassy Suites.

You're probably right that they won't make the bridge crossing very pedestrian friendly. It'll be kind of hard with as much traffic as they're expecting at that intersection. A much more cost effective approach would be for Pinnacle Hills to create a trolley system that runs people from the Promenade to the Shoppes and the Convention Center/Embassy Suites.

:lol:

I admire your urbanistic thoughts, but I doubt Pinnacle will do that. I'm sure they won't make the bridge friendly at all.

:lol:

I admire your urbanistic thoughts, but I doubt Pinnacle will do that. I'm sure they won't make the bridge friendly at all.

By trolley I mean the fake kind that's really a bus that looks like a trolley. There are a lot of malls that have shuttles is what they call them I guess. It would be in the best interest of Embassy Suites to do this as many people who travel to conventions don't have a car unless they rent one, but then a hotel shuttle wouldn't be for everyone to use.

Archived