Pleasant Crossing

mcheiss

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally would like to see them build a skycar system over the interstate connecting Pinnacle Promenade to The Shoppes. Is that being a little too unrealistic? :D

Nope... not if you're going to pay with cash!

• 2 months later...

It looks like it's official now that Parisian isn't going to be built at Pleasant Crossing, nor had the developers intended it to.

An Article in today's paper mentions that after 18 months of no work on the project, Saks decided to scrap the idea of a Parisian in Northwest Arkansas. Since Belk has bought the Parisian stores as well, no one knows if those stores are going to become Belk's or an upscale chain in Belk.

Pleasant Crossing Developers are still continuing with the project, but no updated plans have been shown yet.

I know that's going to disappoint a number of people. Don't mean to get this off topic here but this reminds me something I've read about Dillard's. I believe some have complained about Dillard's not being upscale enough and not having comtemporary fashions. But I've read Dillard's is moving more in that direction and so far it seems to be paying off for them. I believe I heard they had a very good quarter recently.

It looks like it's official now that Parisian isn't going to be built at Pleasant Crossing, nor had the developers intended it to.

An Article in today's paper mentions that after 18 months of no work on the project, Saks decided to scrap the idea of a Parisian in Northwest Arkansas. Since Belk has bought the Parisian stores as well, no one knows if those stores are going to become Belk's or an upscale chain in Belk.

Pleasant Crossing Developers are still continuing with the project, but no updated plans have been shown yet.

Sometimes in a football game one sees an 86 yard touchdown run due to the sheer skill of a once-in-a-blue-moon running back.

Sometimes in a football game one sees such an event due to what's termed a "busted play".

Not that this Saks announcement is akin to a Houston Nutt game, but I think this one was indeed "a busted play"...it's impossible for me to believe this metro area couldn't have supported one Saks Parisian store.

Are you kidding me? :D

Wev used to have one in Rogers that was quite succesful, but they had some trouble with the Dixeland Mall. Something a bit more upscale is deserved at Pleasant Crossing than Big Lots.

Yeah we need an upscale department store at Pleasant Crossing, but I'm at a loss as to who? Burlington Coat Factory might be nice, but I've heard they're not all that. Whatever it is it's got to be big and upscale.

Federated might bring in a location, but I wouldn't count on it. Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom are too upscale.

Burlington Coat Factory seems perfect for this development, considering the rest of it is pretty much Big Box Retailers. I'm almost counting my money that this will be the department store.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think Pleasant Crossing would be perfect for Nordstrom and Macys to build a mall and anchor it. They could also add in a Dave and Busters, and possibly some higher end stores. I still think that NWA can support a Nordstrom. I actually heard the other day that the most common question that the mayor Coody gets from citizens of Fayetteville is when are they going to get a Nordstrom. That is Fayetteville folks. That doesn't even include a lot of the wealth that is in Benton county. That is what they need to do with Pleasant Crossing, take it super upscale. Plano Texas has two major malls that both do really well. Why couldn't we do the same? I know we aren't Plano, but we could for sure support more upscale retail.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think Pleasant Crossing would be perfect for Nordstrom and Macys to build a mall and anchor it. They could also add in a Dave and Busters, and possibly some higher end stores. I still think that NWA can support a Nordstrom. I actually heard the other day that the most common question that the mayor Coody gets from citizens of Fayetteville is when are they going to get a Nordstrom. That is Fayetteville folks. That doesn't even include a lot of the wealth that is in Benton county. That is what they need to do with Pleasant Crossing, take it super upscale. Plano Texas has two major malls that both do really well. Why couldn't we do the same? I know we aren't Plano, but we could for sure support more upscale retail.

We may be able to support a Nordstroms. But I guess what it really comes down to is convincing Nordstroms to come here. Not sure what anyone could do to get them to come here.

Plano Texas has two major malls that both do really well. Why couldn't we do the same? I know we aren't Plano, but we could for sure support more upscale retail.

How many people live in NWA? Plano has a regional market area that includes over 6,000,000 people. I would think that Nordstrom, Nieman and stores like them tend to want to locate in metros with high populations. It's a numbers game. If you locate in a metro of 2,000,000 and only 05% will shop at your high end store then you will have a customer base of 100,000. I don't know what the threshold is but I know that there have been some fairly large metros that are home to recent arrivals of Nordstrom. These type stores are fairly expensive to run so the numbers must be there.

How many people live in NWA? Plano has a regional market area that includes over 6,000,000 people. I would think that Nordstrom, Nieman and stores like them tend to want to locate in metros with high populations. It's a numbers game. If you locate in a metro of 2,000,000 and only 05% will shop at your high end store then you will have a customer base of 100,000. I don't know what the threshold is but I know that there have been some fairly large metros that are home to recent arrivals of Nordstrom. These type stores are fairly expensive to run so the numbers must be there.

Yeah I have to agree with you there. The metro here only has around 400,000. Granted you could probably pull more than that if you included a wider radius. But I'm just getting the impression that there's just not enough people here for them to consider putting one here. They just don't tend to hit metros our size in general. Even if there really was enough people here that could support one I don't know if you could really talk them into coming here.

Yeah I have to agree with you there. The metro here only has around 400,000. Granted you could probably pull more than that if you included a wider radius. But I'm just getting the impression that there's just not enough people here for them to consider putting one here. They just don't tend to hit metros our size in general. Even if there really was enough people here that could support one I don't know if you could really talk them into coming here.

The first Nordstrom in St Louis (metro, not city) just opened up in 2002.

While it may seem we can support a Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom, take a look at what happened to Parisian. Parisian was scrapped from Pleasant Crossing long before the buyout from Belk. Parisian isn't even close to being as upscale as Nordstrom or Macy's.

Oh, and Lady Celeste, NWA's current population is around 400,000.

I found a new restaurant/preperation store coming to Pleasant Grove Road.

The place is called Pass Your Plate. Bentonville and Fayetteville both have one.

Basically, you go to the location, book a session in the kitchen and in 90 minutes you'll go home with a freezer full of meals. They have the recipes, the utensils, and all the ingredients - and do all the shopping, preperation, and cooking. You select your entrees from their online menu, go to a session, then follow the simple recipes to put it all together.

The place is called Pass Your Plate. Bentonville and Fayetteville both have one.

Basically, you go to the location, book a session in the kitchen and in 90 minutes you'll go home with a freezer full of meals. They have the recipes, the utensils, and all the ingredients - and do all the shopping, preperation, and cooking. You select your entrees from their online menu, go to a session, then follow the simple recipes to put it all together.

Weird, never heard of it even though we have one here in Fayetteville apparently. Sounds a little weird. But maybe it might be worth it instead of buying a lot of fancy expensive kitchen appliances and so on if you could just go somewhere and make it somewhere else then take it home. I'd still prefer to do it at home though.

Actually, we have two such places within a couple blocks of each other in Bentonville - Pass Your Plate, and Super Suppers. I think PYP is in the shopping center with San Francisco Bread Co and Gusano's Pizza, and Super Suppers is a little south, near Rainbow Curve.

My girlfriends and I have already talked about giving it a try, just for the fun of it. Since I'm a stay at home mom, it won't make sense economically for me to do it on a regular basis. I looked at it as a fun way to get some new recipes, hang out with the girls, and stock up on some good meals for nights when our schedules are crazy. I can see how it would be a great idea for busy working moms, who value their time as much or more than they value the few dollars they would save by doing it the old fashioned way. Planning, shopping for, doing prep work, and cleanup of meals takes an incredible amount of time.

I'll post a review after our visit - should be in the next month or so. BTW, these places are popping up all over; in addition to PYP and Super Suppers, there are franchises called Let's Dish, and My Girlfriend's kitchen.

I'll post a review after our visit - should be in the next month or so. BTW, these places are popping up all over; in addition to PYP and Super Suppers, there are franchises called Let's Dish, and My Girlfriend's kitchen.

We'll probably see more in the future as people are becoming more health conscious and still want to enjoy a sit-down meal despite a busy schedule.

I was wondering about how the square footage adds up in this development. Is the Wal-Mart included in that number or aside from it?

Wal-Mart is included in the square footage of Pleasant Crossing. I think the store is a little under 200,000 square feet.

The whole development will probably be 1.2 Million square feet.

Archived