Pleasant Crossing

mcheiss

Actually, the southern tip of Benton County is closer to NWA Mall. A small part of Springdale reaches into the southern portion of Benton County. Ummm, more than 50% of the population of the MSA does not live in Benton County. You need to remember that the MSA is made up of more than Benton and Washington Counties. Either way, the area is quite big enough to support more retail. Be happy that there will be more choices. I don't see anything wrong with NWA Mall. I think it's quite nice. Sure, it could be nicer, but you act like it's the ghetto or something. I swear you must be bi-polar or something. Some days you love NWA and it's the best place in the world. Other days, you aren't impressed by it and it's a bore. You talk so much about Benton County being better than Fayetteville. Let me tell you, if I ever move up there, i would be to Fayetteville. It's the largest city up there, and that will never change unless Springdale overtakes it. Fayetteville is the most cultural and diverse city there. Benton County is nice, but it lacks the qualities that Fayetteville offers the area. You can't just build what Fayetteville has developed. So, to say it doesn't impress you is silly, when it has a lot more to offer than Benton County.

I never said I disliked Fayetteville, it's just not my preference for living. I do hate the mall due to the fact that nearly every store that doesn't sell trendy clothes has closed or moved out of NWA Mall. The only store I ever step foot in is Melody's Choices because they have some unique toys for kids. I never said NWA Mall was ghetto... it's a clean mall it's just bland... more skylights would be nice.

I do love NWA... I'm just in limbo as to whether NWA will retain it's beauty with all this growth and transportation issues. It beats Dallas, but Springfield is starting to look more liveable. One of NWA's best features is drying up and becoming unfunctional... I'm talking about Beaver Lake. The marinas have stopped renting out boats because they're hitting the bottom of the lake. When there isn't any decent swimming areas the need for a water park is greater than ever. Will it be built in NWA? who knows. That's the problem with NWA... noone wants to fulfill the needs of the people unless it will put tons of money in a developers pockets.

NWA Mall is a little over 6 miles from the County Line... Pleasant Crossing is right at about 7 miles from the County Line. So yes it seems NWA is closer by Interstate to the southern tip of Benton County.

As for populations:

Pleasant Crossing/Pinnacle Promenade

Benton County: 153,406

McDonald County, MO: 21,681

Barry County, MO: 34,010

Carroll County: 25,357

Delaware County, OK: 37,077

Total: 271,531

NWA Mall

Washington County: 157,715

Madison County: 14,243

Crawford County: 53,247

Adair County, OK: 21,038

Total: 246,243

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said I disliked Fayetteville, it's just not my preference for living. I do hate the mall due to the fact that nearly every store that doesn't sell trendy clothes has closed or moved out of NWA Mall. The only store I ever step foot in is Melody's Choices because they have some unique toys for kids. I never said NWA Mall was ghetto... it's a clean mall it's just bland... more skylights would be nice.

I do love NWA... I'm just in limbo as to whether NWA will retain it's beauty with all this growth and transportation issues. It beats Dallas, but Springfield is starting to look more liveable. One of NWA's best features is drying up and becoming unfunctional... I'm talking about Beaver Lake. The marinas have stopped renting out boats because they're hitting the bottom of the lake. When there isn't any decent swimming areas the need for a water park is greater than ever. Will it be built in NWA? who knows. That's the problem with NWA... noone wants to fulfill the needs of the people unless it will put tons of money in a developers pockets.

NWA Mall is a little over 6 miles from the County Line... Pleasant Crossing is right at about 7 miles from the County Line. So yes it seems NWA is closer by Interstate to the southern tip of Benton County.

As for populations:

Pleasant Crossing/Pinnacle Promenade

Benton County: 153,406

McDonald County, MO: 21,681

Barry County, MO: 34,010

Carroll County: 25,357

Delaware County, OK: 37,077

Total: 271,531

NWA Mall

Washington County: 157,715

Madison County: 14,243

Crawford County: 53,247

Adair County, OK: 21,038

Total: 246,243

LOL Springfield is no better than NWA. If you think so, go there and spend some time. It isn't the city that SLyder makes it out to be. It's nice, but not any better than NWA.

LOL @ your math.

You have a lot of counties in both that shouldn't be there.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I live in Pulaski County and do a lot of my shopping in Saline County.

See my point? What's better is not always what's closer or where you want to go.

As far as the lake drying up, it's called a drought. It's slowly getting better. Lakes around Springfield and Branson are experiencing the same thing, as are a few here in Central Arkansas.

LOL Springfield is no better than NWA. If you think so, go there and spend some time. It isn't the city that SLyder makes it out to be. It's nice, but not any better than NWA.

LOL @ your math.

You have a lot of counties in both that shouldn't be there.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I live in Pulaski County and do a lot of my shopping in Saline County.

See my point? What's better is not always what's closer or where you want to go.

As far as the lake drying up, it's called a drought. It's slowly getting better. Lakes around Springfield and Branson are experiencing the same thing, as are a few here in Central Arkansas.

I was just going by the closest neighboring counties. Even the developer of Pinnacle Promenade came up with figures that show the Promenade will have a larger csutomer base than the Mall.

I understand we're in a drought, but Beaver Lake has been complained about by many people over the past few years as getting muckier and polluted. Just remember that NWA depends on it's natural outdoor attractions to lure people here because we sure don't have much more to brag about... at least nothing that you can't find anywhere else.

What's your point? I'm in Fayetteville at least twice a month. Nothing there impresses me. But then there's only a little more in Benton County that impresses me, but still more than Fayetteville.

I wasn't talking about a comparison to Fayetteville, I was talking about in comparison to any other metro of any consequence. I was referring to the way you referred to the shopping center as if it will be some kind of national destination instead of just another shopping center, which is really what it is. NWA Mall is just another mall, mind you, no doubt about that either. Neither is anything to get THAT excited about.

I wasn't talking about a comparison to Fayetteville, I was talking about in comparison to any other metro of any consequence. I was referring to the way you referred to the shopping center as if it will be some kind of national destination instead of just another shopping center, which is really what it is. NWA Mall is just another mall, mind you, no doubt about that either. Neither is anything to get THAT excited about.

If you think that a new massive shopping/dining/entertainment destination is nothing to get excited about in NWA then take a look around NWA. We're a little limited when it comes to these things. And Rogers is getting 2 of these bad boys! Sure I could drive to Fayetteville whenever I want to take my family to the movies, have dinner and do a little shopping, but soon I'll just drive around the corner... or better yet, we'll just hop on an ORT bus and not even worry about traffic.

If you think that a new massive shopping/dining/entertainment destination is nothing to get excited about in NWA then take a look around NWA. We're a little limited when it comes to these things. And Rogers is getting 2 of these bad boys! Sure I could drive to Fayetteville whenever I want to take my family to the movies, have dinner and do a little shopping, but soon I'll just drive around the corner... or better yet, we'll just hop on an ORT bus and not even worry about traffic.

Maybe I'm getting too jaded by living in DFW but I have to say that this development seems pretty ordinary and unimaginative. Take a look at a place like Southlake Town Square and you'll see something different. What I see at Pleasant Crossing is just another cookie cutter retail development but I guess I'm just surrounded by so many they all start to run together.

Maybe I'm getting too jaded by living in DFW but I have to say that this development seems pretty ordinary and unimaginative. Take a look at a place like Southlake Town Square and you'll see something different. What I see at Pleasant Crossing is just another cookie cutter retail development but I guess I'm just surrounded by so many they all start to run together.

word. <_<

All I can say is that Pleasant Crossing and Pinnacle Promenade are something Northwest Arkansas has never seen before. Pleasant Crossing my be as mundane as you say, but Pinnacle Promenade is going to rival Universal's City Walk in Hollywood... almost. :D

Sadly, I agree.

Most of the buildings in this development are going to be earthy brown, and so far it's been nothing but big chains like Sportsman's Warehouse, Walmart, and Saks Parisian. This may seem boring and ordinary to you guys who live in large metropolis's, but it certainly is exciting when you've lived here your whole life and seen the area grow from a few small towns based on chicken, to the second largest urban area in Arkansas.

Aporkalypse - What is your interest in NW AR ? It appears that you are in Dallas and are stuck on Dallas. If you recall Dallas was once a sleepy area in the country and I doubt if there growth was ever as explosive as NW AR. Just a viewpoint from someone who rarely posts but you seem a bit stuck up and argumentive.

Nice response - Fayetteville would prefer you stay in Dallas.

This post could apply to me as well.

So I will explain myself. I have family in NWA and am relocating soon to Fayetteville.

And about the growth in DFW never being as explosive as NWA, I don't think the comparison really fits.

For this decade, DFW metro currently adds about 150k people per year. The metro area has added roughly 800k people since I moved here almost 5 years ago. Historically, if you realize that Dallas is only 150 years old, its had quite explosive growth periods during that time period. If you just average the growth over the years, to arrive at its current population, the city of Dallas has added roughly 10,000 residents per year for 150 years. I'm sure there are times in that history when the boom was much more explosive than anything NWA has seen yet. Texas is the home to big oil (or was) and DFW is quite a huge hub for business.

As far as seeming stuck-up, I don't think Apork seems stuck up at all. I think what some in NWA don't understand is that when NWA developers make these outlandish claims that they are doing something of national signifigance in their development, they really aren't. Not compared to other cities.

I reference DFW quite frequently because its where I live now and it gives me a different perspective on these so called "world class" developments.

It's not "one-upmanship" or arrogance, its just adding a different perspective to what developers up there are saying.

I can't wait to live in Fayetteville, even if it doesn't have a PF Changs or a trendy outdoor mall....

Nice response - Fayetteville would prefer you stay in Dallas.

I take it you don't like my response because it points out several wrong assumptions in your post, e.g. "Dallas has never seen the explosive growth of NWA.."

I delicately explained your error in my last post, but since you're obviously unreasonable, I'll put it this way.

You have no idea wtf you are talking about.

Provide some examples. Provide some data. I challenge you. I work with demographics everyday. I'm familiar with the histories of DFW and NWA. Show me something. Or, continue to make general statements based on your own narrow experience. You will continue to look like a fool....

You calling someone arrogant.

That's a laugh.

I suppose you speak for Fayetteville?

Well, since I have four generations of family from NWA, three generations from Fayetteville, recieved my degree from U of A, I would prefer you get out of Fayetteville. How about that?

Apork disagrees with you. He's a big bad meanie.

Get a life. Better yet, spend some time outside of NWA.

Until that time, continue to believe all of the marketing drops in the newspaper by developers that the new mall coming to NWA is "world class". Be sure to take any friends from out of town to see all these "world class" projects.

Be prepared afterwards to make new friends.

Aporkalypse - What is your interest in NW AR ? It appears that you are in Dallas and are stuck on Dallas. If you recall Dallas was once a sleepy area in the country and I doubt if there growth was ever as explosive as NW AR. Just a viewpoint from someone who rarely posts but you seem a bit stuck up and argumentive.

I spent 30 of my nearly 31 years in Arkansas, nearly all in Little Rock but a substantial amount of time in NWA. My mother, grandmother, sister, and brother live in Rogers. I may seem a bit pro-Fayetteville and anti-Benton Co sprawl (not anti-Benton Co, though) but I'm not the only one here with that opinion. I live in Dallas because of my job. If I have the opportunity to come back to Little Rock or NWA I will but my career is so fine-tuned I may not be able to find a job in either place. I guess you missed my inherent criticism of DFW, "What I see at Pleasant Crossing is just another cookie cutter retail development but I guess I'm just surrounded by so many they all start to run together." I assure you I can find plenty of things about Dallas to criticize as well.

This wave of commercial development will be the focus of NWA's new retail for the next 15 years. I'm pleased with the stores and restaurants and I think from that standpoint it's great. From the standpoint of design, though, I'm a little disappointed as the developments are fairly ordinary and will be quickly dated. I think Benton Co has enough of its own development muscle to have pulled off something more unique that could be more of a regional attraction. I think this is a critical point for Benton Co as the last 5 years and the next 5 will essentially establish the county's business, commercial, and residential structure for decades.

Now, at least dickstonstreet and I have things to add to this forum. You're the only one I see with nothing but unbridled negativity and personal attacks. Furthermore, he will be one of the people helping to shape NWA development in coming years. He's THE guy you want on this forum.

I take it you don't like my response because it points out several wrong assumptions in your post, e.g. "Dallas has never seen the explosive growth of NWA.."

I delicately explained your error in my last post, but since you're obviously unreasonable, I'll put it this way.

You have no idea wtf you are talking about.

Provide some examples. Provide some data. I challenge you. I work with demographics everyday. I'm familiar with the histories of DFW and NWA. Show me something. Or, continue to make general statements based on your own narrow experience. You will continue to look like a fool....

You calling someone arrogant.

That's a laugh.

I suppose you speak for Fayetteville?

Well, since I have four generations of family from NWA, three generations from Fayetteville, recieved my degree from U of A, I would prefer you get out of Fayetteville. How about that?

Apork disagrees with you. He's a big bad meanie.

Get a life. Better yet, spend some time outside of NWA.

Until that time, continue to believe all of the marketing drops in the newspaper by developers that the new mall coming to NWA is "world class". Be sure to take any friends from out of town to see all these "world class" projects.

Be prepared afterwards to make new friends.

What you're failing to understand is that people in Northwest Arkansas take great pride in these new developments because it means we're not just a bunch of hicks down here in some backwoods small town. People like you and Apork need to quit knocking what is considered "world class" compared to what we already have here in the backwoods. I've been big city most of my life and even I've lived here long enough to appreciate it very much when these developers bring a slice of the big city to our "backwoods".

I just hope you're not going to keep comparing NWA to Dallas when you get here because people here will just tell you to go back to Dallas if you love it so much.

What you're failing to understand is that people in Northwest Arkansas take great pride in these new developments because it means we're not just a bunch of hicks down here in some backwoods small town. People like you and Apork need to quit knocking what is considered "world class" compared to what we already have here in the backwoods. I've been big city most of my life and even I've lived here long enough to appreciate it very much when these developers bring a slice of the big city to our "backwoods".

I just hope you're not going to keep comparing NWA to Dallas when you get here because people here will just tell you to go back to Dallas if you love it so much.

He's comparing NWA to Dallas because that's what he knows. If you want to compare to Naples or Sarasota (FL), Boulder (CO), College Station (TX), Savannah (GA) or any other number of cities that I've been to more comparable in size to NWA that's fine. I just want the best developments possible in NWA right now as I think these will be the imprint on NWA for years to come. Fayetteville's development is already outlined but what has been built there in the past but Benton Co is writing its future RIGHT NOW. 25 years from now these areas will STILL be the retail centers of Benton Co.

He's comparing NWA to Dallas because that's what he knows. If you want to compare to Naples or Sarasota (FL), Boulder (CO), College Station (TX), Savannah (GA) or any other number of cities that I've been to more comparable in size to NWA that's fine. I just want the best developments possible in NWA right now as I think these will be the imprint on NWA for years to come. Fayetteville's development is already outlined but what has been built there in the past but Benton Co is writing its future RIGHT NOW. 25 years from now these areas will STILL be the retail centers of Benton Co.

We don't really have any say in what these developments will look like, but I can say they're a heck of a lot better than no developments at all.

We don't really have any say in what these developments will look like, but I can say they're a heck of a lot better than no developments at all.

While I don't disagree with that, I think NWA is big enough now that the developments were going to happen one way or another.

The point made about top 10 shopping destinations in the US competing with Dallas and KC is something I also disagree about. These shopping centers are nothing different really than the stores in Tulsa or Little Rock. So far, these stores have been in Little Rock and Tulsa for awhile now. If we wanted to compete with KC and Dallas, we would get stores like Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, The Cheesecake Factory, Macys, and other higher end stores. The stores we are getting are great, but I still think they could have done better than JCPenney and Dillards. We already have those stores in Fayetteville. They should have brought in Nordstrom and Macys in my opinion. Both would have done really well here.

^^

word. <_<

Maybe I misunderstood these statements to equate to "knocking" these developments.

BTW... I've never made claims that weren't backed up with facts. Fell free to go back and read my populations projections. I've posted quotes that may have exaggerated claims, but those aren't my words. Maybe your moving to NWA will be good for you... Dallas life has made you too uptight. It's time for a more relaxed lifestyle that only NWA can provide you. :D

^^

Maybe I misunderstood these statements to equate to "knocking" these developments.

BTW... I've never made claims that weren't backed up with facts. Fell free to go back and read my populations projections. I've posted quotes that may have exaggerated claims, but those aren't my words. Maybe your moving to NWA will be good for you... Dallas life has made you too uptight. It's time for a more relaxed lifestyle that only NWA can provide you. :D

Yeah, you have. You've made several. And you've misquoted stats several time. And you've argued with hard data, only to backpedal and switch positions when you realized you were flat wrong. Go back and read your own worthless posts.

I posted before that if this discussion is to be meaningful, false statements and irresponsible posts need to be pointed out.

You, and a few others post before you think. It makes for childish "one-upmanship" and a lot of just plain old garbage posts and misinformation.

Pinnacle Hills is the grandest most amazing shopping center ever conceieved of man. In 2000 years, archaeologists will debate that this grand design is likely the work of space aliens due to its sheer magnificence.

Hell, why stop at comparing it to other shopping centers? Why not go for broke and claim its the 8th wonder of the modern world?

Makes about as much sense as some of the stupid stuff posted on this forum.

To differ with that and to provide examples outside NWA is somehow percieved as an attack on NWA.

Demographic analysis from professional sources is argued with and dismissed because some pathetic soul's hope for a Nordstrom might be damaged.

Stay out of NWA! Stay in Dallas! We don't need objectivity!

We need a place to post online overnight and beotch and whine about not being able to afford a house while we work our crappy jobs and wish we were real estate developers and architects.

THAT is what this forum is for.

Okay, point taken. :thumbsup:

Stay out of NWA! Stay in Dallas! We don't need objectivity!

Well I'm sure you won't misunderstand this. We actually have plenty of objectivity on this forum without you... what we don't need is more a$$holes like you that think you know everything, which btw you don't know $hit. All you know is some worthless statistical data that outside of your job is meaningless. You haven't contributed $hit to this forum and all you'll contribute to NWA by living here is a number on our next census.

Call that "one-upmanship"! :thumbsup:

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!

TAKE THIS CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE, OR I'LL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. :angry:

Every single topic is a senseless childish argument between cities and regions. All this is, is a "one up". Every reply is "Well my opinion is this", while the other guys say "Well my opinion is that". When you guys start calling each other names, it really ticks me off!!!!

We all know that the Pinnacle and Pleasant Crossing Developments are great achievements for NW Arkansas. Some may see these as ever growing sprawl that exists in every metro in the US, while others take pride in that. I myself take pride in the developments, and I don't think someone should be graded upon by others for making prideful statements.

Drop this crap and lets continue discussing productive and proactive information.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!

TAKE THIS CRAP SOMEWHERE ELSE, OR I'LL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. :angry:

Every single topic is a senseless childish argument between cities and regions. All this is, is a "one up". Every reply is "Well my opinion is this", while the other guys say "Well my opinion is that". When you guys start calling each other names, it really ticks me off!!!!

We all know that the Pinnacle and Pleasant Crossing Developments are great achievements for NW Arkansas. Some may see these as ever growing sprawl that exists in every metro in the US, while others take pride in that. I myself take pride in the developments, and I don't think someone should be graded upon by others for making prideful statements.

Drop this crap and lets continue discussing productive and proactive information.

I don't think dick or I called anyone a name, did we?

Are we not allowed to criticize anything in the slightest bit? On a development board it's kind of hard to be happy with everything our cities and developers are doing.

I don't think dick or I called anyone a name, did we?

Are we not allowed to criticize anything in the slightest bit? On a development board it's kind of hard to be happy with everything our cities and developers are doing.

Derogatory remarks about someone or their posts is the same as name calling and since you and "dick" are so happy with your DFW developments and so unhappy with "our" developments maybe you should spend more time in the DFW forum and stay out of ours.

What makes the developments in NWA so great is that they aren't expected there. In Dallas, or any large city, they don't mean much, because they are almost on every corner. You just don't even notice them. However, when you are in a place like NWA where you wouldn't expect such great developments, you will notice them more. You won't even remember other better developments you've seen, because what you are seeing is great as well, especially for being in the northwest corner of Arkansas. Better things will come, but until then, we'll enjoy the great developments that we have.

Archived