Pleasant Crossing

mcheiss

Derogatory remarks about someone or their posts is the same as name calling and since you and "dick" are so happy with your DFW developments and so unhappy with "our" developments maybe you should spend more time in the DFW forum and stay out of ours.

Seriously, you're the confrontational one here. I was here well before you were and there was never a problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you yourself gripe about the fact you would prefer for it to be enclosed and to have more upscale stores like Nordstrom's etc than the ones that are going in? How is that valid criticism and others isn't?

Point to one thing that said we were more pleased with DFW developments. I think both of us said the opposite, though we may have mentioned aspects of a specific development we liked. Since we are both Arkansans, though, and since he is moving back to NWA and will be spearheading developments, there, I don't think either of us should do as you wish - especially him.

If you don't want any discussion and want everyone to agree with you, maybe you could start your own forum.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think dick or I called anyone a name, did we?

Are we not allowed to criticize anything in the slightest bit? On a development board it's kind of hard to be happy with everything our cities and developers are doing.

You guys know what I'm talking about.

Can't we all just act like adults here?

Here's a List of Tenants that I know about:

Wal-Mart Supercenter (completed)

Arvest Bank (completed)

Backyard Burgers (completed)

Joey's Only Seafood

Ethan Allen

Ross

Saks Parisian

Michael's Arts and Crafts

Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Sportsman's Warehouse

First Security Bank

The Market (Upscale Flea Market)

Taco Bueno (rumored)

Malco Theatres 12 Screen Digital Theatre plus IMAX Theatre

Gordmans

TJ Max

Boomerang Carwash

Itz Entertainment Restaurant

Seriously, you're the confrontational one here. I was here well before you were and there was never a problem.

Shows how much you know. All the confrontations started when DickSonstreetDFW arrived. I've been one of the least confrontational person on this forum... Mith would actually be the least confrontational person on this Forum.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you yourself gripe about the fact you would prefer for it to be enclosed and to have more upscale stores like Nordstrom's etc than the ones that are going in? How is that valid criticism and others isn't?

Ok, you're wrong. Where the hell did you ever read that I would have preffered it to be an indoor mall? I never said anything like that and I said I wouldn't be surprised if NWA gets more upscale stores like Nordstroms... I also said I couldn't care less if it did.

Point to one thing that said we were more pleased with DFW developments. I think both of us said the opposite, though we may have mentioned aspects of a specific development we liked.

"Take a look at a place like Southlake Town Square and you'll see something different. What I see at Pleasant Crossing is just another cookie cutter retail development." Would you like me to find more?

Since we are both Arkansans, though, and since he is moving back to NWA and will be spearheading developments, there, I don't think either of us should do as you wish - especially him.

Spearheading developments? Get real. He may help a few department stores decide whether to locate here or not, but I wouldn't say that's "spearheading developments". The fact is he [DicSonstreetDFW] has never said anything about his job other than he's involved in demographic statistics, which has very little to do with most of the developments up here.

If you don't want any discussion and want everyone to agree with you, maybe you could start your own forum.

I've gotten along fine with many people that dissagree with me and that I dissagree with, I'm just tired of people like you who don't know much about NWA, other than they lived here before or have family here, telling me what's best for NWA. Being a visitor to the NWA forum, maybe you should criticize less and listen to what people who actually live here have to say.

Shows how much you know. All the confrontations started when DickSonstreetDFW arrived. I've been one of the least confrontational person on this forum... Mith would actually be the least confrontational person on this Forum.

"Shows what you know". Wow, that's confrontational (and infantile) by definition. There's no need for that. Mith and mcheiss both are nonconfrontational and furthermore, actually know what they are talking about. They're the reason the Arkansas forums have been successful. Mith and I agree 99% of the time in any case. Those two and a couple of other very good posters are the reason I read this forum.

Ok, you're wrong. Where the hell did you ever read that I would have preffered it to be an indoor mall? I never said anything like that and I said I wouldn't be surprised if NWA gets more upscale stores like Nordstroms... I also said I couldn't care less if it did.

Other people were commenting on how they'd preferred an indoor mall on this forum. Generally I think they are out of vogue but I think a mid-sized indoor mall in Benton Co actually might've done well.

"Take a look at a place like Southlake Town Square and you'll see something different. What I see at Pleasant Crossing is just another cookie cutter retail development." Would you like me to find more?

Let me see. I mentioned Southlake Town Square not because it's in DFW but because it's on the cover of the Urban Land Institute's guide to urban development and has started a national trend. Have you been there? If you had you'd know why I mentioned it. If you weren't so defensive you'd realize it was a compliment to suggest the area could support such a development. If you'd prefer something outside of DFW I was very impressed with Coconut Point Town Center in Bonita Springs, FL and Jacksonville's new Town Center development. Most DFW development sets the mold for the cookie cutter, most of it isn't something I'd want to see in Arkansas.

Spearheading developments? Get real. He may help a few department stores decide whether to locate here or not, but I wouldn't say that's "spearheading developments". The fact is he [DicSonstreetDFW] has never said anything about his job other than he's involved in demographic statistics, which has very little to do with most of the developments up here

I don't know him well enough to comment but I had thought he was leaving his current occupation to work in development in NWA and this is why he was moving back. He stated before he left his goal was to gain experience in DFW so he could use it in NWA. That's all I know.

I've gotten along fine with many people that dissagree with me and that I dissagree with, I'm just tired of people like you who don't know much about NWA, other than they lived here before or have family here, telling me what's best for NWA. Being a visitor to the NWA forum, maybe you should criticize less and listen to what people who actually live here have to say.

I know plenty about NWA. Not as much you, I'm sure, and I don't live there at present. I was here before you, you're a "visitor" as much as I am. In any case, I'm not going anywhere so you will be forced to deal with it. If my opinions differ, it's because of global differences in what you and I believe are "good" and "bad" developments, not anything regional. We are all entitled to our opinions and you need to grow up and listen to those of others without throwing tantrums every time someone else's differs.

Now mcheiss is right, this is all I'm going to say about the matter. Reply if you want, I won't respond. If you have a bunch of immature insults to convey to me or anyone else, that's what the messenging feature is for. I'll respond that way in the future as well. This stuff doesn't need to clog the board.

You guys know what I'm talking about.

Can't we all just act like adults here?

You're right, no mas.

"Shows what you know". Wow, that's confrontational (and infantile) by definition.

That's the difference between me and you. You and DickSonstreetDFW always resort to derogatory remarks like "infantile" while I never insult anyone the way you two have... not until provoked. So with that I'll say you're the one who needs to grow up. Now you're the one who will be ignored. End of story.

Well I'm sure you won't misunderstand this. We actually have plenty of objectivity on this forum without you... what we don't need is more a$$holes like you that think you know everything, which btw you don't know $hit. All you know is some worthless statistical data that outside of your job is meaningless. You haven't contributed $hit to this forum and all you'll contribute to NWA by living here is a number on our next census.

Call that "one-upmanship"! :thumbsup:

(Pardon me, mcheiss, but I needed to put in one last post to mr. Masondad here)

FYI, I have provided a few other forum members with inside information about upcoming developments.

Nothing earth shattering at this point, but some large scale projects which have not yet been announced pending approval by the developers and retailers. I have more info, but what do I gain from posting it here?

Absolutely nothing. If it isn't appreciated, then why bother?

My professional knowledge and opinions about commercial real estate in particular appear to you as being a "know-it-all". If I were in a conversation with Apork about general medicine or oncology, I'd shut up and listen as he has studied and worked in that field. I've read a few articles in Popular Science, but other than that, I don't know jack about it.

I haven't shared my resume because no one has asked. Just a little FYI:

I have worked for two national retailers in their selection of sites.

I've evaluated commercial property and worked deals from Little Havana to Florence and Normandy in South Central to suburban Detroit and everywhere inbetween. I had more frequent flier miles in one year than I could use. I gave them to friends. That is not an exaggerration.

I have worked with demographic data crucial to retailers on a daily basis for the past five years.

In NWA, I will be working with a rather wealthy, well known "name" who is moving into real estate development. I will work as his Jr. Partner. He owns several local properties already and is collecting more currently. It is a move I have been talking about for over a year. I finally recieved a hard offer, got the salary I feel I deserve, and its happening.

I've worked as a consultant on two multi-million dollar land purchases for commercial development already in NWA in the past six months. I'm 28 years old. My developer calls me before making a move, and I'm not even in his office yet. Choose to dismiss that or not. I don't care.

You, on the other hand, work nights, can't afford a house, and have a son named Mason. Other than that, all I know about you is that you have a difficult time maintaining a consistent opinion about anything on this forum and have a tendency to ramble and whine about a lot of stuff.

I've not had a problem with a single poster on this forum, except you.

I gather very little information from this forum which is not readily available in publications to which I already subscribe. The rest can be garned from attending local planning and city council meetings, which I will be doing on a regular basis in just a couple of weeks.

As far as contributions to the forum, I really don't think you can talk.

I may check in here once in a while, but I won't be providing any inside information so that people like yourself can parrot it and sound informed about real estate development while you work whatever other job it is that you do.

I won't bother giving my informed opinion on real estate projects, either. There is no gain for me. I don't need to feel smart on an internet message board.

This forum would be much better if it weren't for lonely people like you.

Good luck on that house. :)

As far as contributions to the forum, I really don't think you can talk.

Yeah... thanks again for all those great statistics you've posted here many times. I don't know what we wouldv'e done without all your immense knowledge. I on the other hand only post statistics based on official US Census data that our government has deemed worth posting on their .gov websites. As for contribution... yours consisted of:

• statistics

• criticism

• more statistics

• more criticism

• even more statistics

What real information have you contibuted to this forum? None. Go ahead and continue crying about how I'm not taking your statistics that seriously, but numbers don't excite me much. You're the one who sounds so lonely with all that travelling how could you have time for any kind of real relationship? 28 years old and still not even a steady girlfriend... or boyfriend or whatever. I really feel for you. I work nights (soon only 4 nights a week) so I have all day to spend with my wife and son. I do most of my posting at night when I have time so I'm not tied to my computer all day.

Now that you actually live here you can pick up the paper and read about how the majority of the population of NWA cannot afford to buy a house here. I have posted many commentaries about this subject and it is very pertinent to development is NWA. You are among a minority who can afford to buy a house and I congratulate you for it. But, when you criticize me for commenting on the NWA housing market you have to realize I speak for many people in NWA and not just myself.

With that I will say I will no longer reply to any of your posts as they will just be more statistics and criticisms not worthy of reading and not informative enough about NWA developments. You are now being ignored.

I would also add, DickSonstreet, that making assumptions about others, and using it to kick them where it hurts, only makes you look bad. You are coming across as arrogant and snobbish. I'm not excusing MasonsDad, but you crossed a line.

You would do well to take a step back and remember that people are not always what they seem. From the 20 posts I have made here, you would only know that I am a stay at home mom who pretty much wipes things about 18 hours a day. I wipe noses, I wipe dishes, I wipe countertops, I wipe little bottoms, I wipe toilets. Not very glamourous.

What you wouldn't know is that I have traveled all over this country and around the world. I have been to Australia, India, Central America, Germany. I have sifted through sales records of auto mechanics in the shed in the back yard, records covered in maggots. And the next week I was in a posh office on Park Avenue in New York city, auditing a multi- billion dollar company. I have seen more of NW Arkansas in the 8 years I was an auditor than most of the people who live here. I can afford a big house, and I'm typing this from my big house right now, as a matter of fact. But I will never feel the need to belittle MasonsDad because he can't afford it. I wish him well, as I do you.

I said all that to say, you will be doing yourself a favor when you arrive here if you adopt a more humble attitude. Did MasonsDad provoke you? Probably. You will be provoked in life. How you react to the provocation reflects on you. You sound like someone with a very bright future ahead of you. Don't screw it up. Rise above, don't stoop down.

Peace.

I know im new to this forum and this is my first post, but i have read alot of posts in this forum and wanted to add something but never thought it would matter, but this to me seems rediculous, i realy dont see whats so special about pleasent crossing, it deffinatly wont appeal to the younger generations, i myself just turned 18 but as soon as i heard wal mart was one of the big tenants i immediatly thought of a strip mall, and as for other retailers such as the more expensive brands, we probably could support it, but one of the problems is finding the right location, sure these two malls will be brand new, but look at frisco, it plain sucks having to walk into that place just to go buy a cd at sam goody's, the nwa mall isnt the greatest, but it has been there for a long long time and has continued to grow, and will grow, as for the guys from dallas, i understand their point of view, but i also have my own since i have lived here all my life, these may seem like smaller projects compared to bigger cities, but when grow up with the city, you want things to happen for it, just as you do in your own life, i love huge cities, im obsessed with skylines, but i also love my home which is nwa, all i want for my city is for it to be the commercial leader in the region, and to have an awsome skyline so i dont have to drive to tulsa, and not to mention more freeways, they need to hurry up and build the 412 bypass. :D

I know im new to this forum and this is my first post, but i have read alot of posts in this forum and wanted to add something but never thought it would matter, but this to me seems rediculous, i realy dont see whats so special about pleasent crossing, it deffinatly wont appeal to the younger generations, i myself just turned 18 but as soon as i heard wal mart was one of the big tenants i immediatly thought of a strip mall, and as for other retailers such as the more expensive brands, we probably could support it, but one of the problems is finding the right location, sure these two malls will be brand new, but look at frisco, it plain sucks having to walk into that place just to go buy a cd at sam goody's, the nwa mall isnt the greatest, but it has been there for a long long time and has continued to grow, and will grow, as for the guys from dallas, i understand their point of view, but i also have my own since i have lived here all my life, these may seem like smaller projects compared to bigger cities, but when grow up with the city, you want things to happen for it, just as you do in your own life, i love huge cities, im obsessed with skylines, but i also love my home which is nwa, all i want for my city is for it to be the commercial leader in the region, and to have an awsome skyline so i dont have to drive to tulsa, and not to mention more freeways, they need to hurry up and build the 412 bypass. :D

Julles, good post...I couldn't agree more...

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln

I'm not excusing anyone either.

Edensfall, I'm 18 too (but if you just turned 18, I've got you by around 4 months). Are you a senior? That's cool to see someone my age interested in development. Feel free to contact me via my profile.

Im glad some one my age is interested as well, i am a senior but im also attending community college, i tried contacting you but it said i wasnt logged in when obviously im logged in otherwise i wouldnt be able to post this

All right. I just tried to message you. I got:

"This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or their personal messenger inbox is full.

This personal message has not been sent"

Check your profile settings. aim: johnnydr87/ msn:[email protected] /yim: same as msn.

That's the difference between me and you. You and DickSonstreetDFW always resort to derogatory remarks like "infantile" while I never insult anyone the way you two have... not until provoked. So with that I'll say you're the one who needs to grow up. Now you're the one who will be ignored. End of story.

Please keep your hypocrisy on IM and not on the board. Thanks.

^^I dunno, but...

^^^^^^I'm no brain scientist or rocket surgeon, but I think that was a run-on sentence... not that I'm one to talk since my grammer sucks, just trying to keep up the light humour.

But, from what I've been reading and seeing happening at the site is that Pleasant Crossing is starting out with the strip development/power center. Then, sometime in the near future supposedly the lifestyle center will be developed (even though while up there this weekend I still haven't seen them work on the site). I still am very curious when they'll begin that lifestyle center...

^^I dunno, but...

^^^^^^I'm no brain scientist or rocket surgeon, but I think that was a run-on sentence... not that I'm one to talk since my grammer sucks, just trying to keep up the light humour.

But, from what I've been reading and seeing happening at the site is that Pleasant Crossing is starting out with the strip development/power center. Then, sometime in the near future supposedly the lifestyle center will be developed (even though while up there this weekend I still haven't seen them work on the site). I still am very curious when they'll begin that lifestyle center...

HumoUr?

Grammar was never my bag, baby.

^^I dunno, but...

I love your British accent... "humour" is the proper way to spell it. :D

I didn't think to stop by Pleasant Crossing on my filed trip to snap any pics, but it's not expected to open until Fall 2007 so they have plenty of time. I believe you're right about the power center being built first, since that will entice more retailers to sign leases in the coming lifestyle center. It all just seems to be going in slow motion since there's so much happening that won't be completed until next year.

Welcome Edensfall to UP!!

It's good to see more people from Benton County coming to the site.

Pleasant Crossing may seem booring and unappealing, but Saks Parisian, Malco Theatres, and an IMAX theatre are some of the exciting tenants coming to the shopping center. There's also rumored to be Joe's Crab Shack and a few other high class restaurants.

Here's a List of Tenants that I know about:

Wal-Mart Supercenter (completed)

Arvest Bank (completed)

Backyard Burgers (completed)

Joey's Only Seafood

Ethan Allen

Ross

Saks Parisian

Michael's Arts and Crafts

Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Sportsman's Warehouse

First Security Bank

The Market (Upscale Flea Market)

Taco Bueno (rumored)

Malco Theatres 12 Screen Digital Theatre plus IMAX Theatre

Gordmans

TJ Max

Boomerang Carwash

Itz Entertainment Restaurant

There may be a Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees & Smoothies going into Pleasant Crossing. At least they're looking for a franchisee for Pleasant Crossing. Boy this Pleasant Crossing is going to be a great outting for the entire family. I can't wait until it gets as close as Pinnacle Promenade is to completion.

There may be a Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees & Smoothies going into Pleasant Crossing. At least they're looking for a franchisee for Pleasant Crossing. Boy this Pleasant Crossing is going to be a great outting for the entire family. I can't wait until it gets as close as Pinnacle Promenade is to completion.

I forgot about them, thanks MasonsDad!!

They do have Pleasant Crossing listed on their website as a prospectible location.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived