Pleasant Crossing

mcheiss

I was wondering about how the square footage adds up in this development. Is the Wal-Mart included in that number or aside from it?

The Lifestyle Center portion of Pleasant Crossing is supposed to be around 400,000 square-feet or roughly half the square-footage of NWA Mall.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This from the Arkansas dept of health page

Received: 8/30/2006 - CHICK-FIL-A 2601 WEST PLEASANT GROVE RD REC 8/22/06 FEE WAS INCORRECT **REC PD06-1821 **CORRECT FEE WAS SUBMITTED PROJECT WAS APPROVED 9/06/06 DB SENT TO FOOD SERVICE

I see, I can't believe I missed that one.

This sounds like it's going in the Centre Pointe Development. It's a retail development of around 350,000 sq. feet right across from Tuscany Square. Of course, it could be coming from Tuscany Square or Pleasant Crossing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if everyone knows, but the vacation centers at Wal-Mart have all closed. The store at Pleasant Crossing did have a vacations center for a while, but the space is now empty. After some careful research, I have found out what will be replacing it. Rediclinc will replace the vacations center by the end of the year. Rediclinic is a healthcare service that is primarily run by Nurse Practitioners which provides treatment, diagnosis, and prescribing of medication to routine medical conditions. There's already a Rediclinic in the Wal-Mart off College & Joyce in Fayetteville.

Rediclinic is a healthcare service that is primarily run by Nurse Practitioners which provides treatment, diagnosis, and prescribing of medication to routine medical conditions. There's already a Rediclinic in the Wal-Mart off College & Joyce in Fayetteville.

That sounds great. I bet associates will take advantage of it since they can see a "doctor" on break. That is if Rediclinic is covered under Wal-Mart's healthcare plan.

I'm not sure if everyone knows, but the vacation centers at Wal-Mart have all closed. The store at Pleasant Crossing did have a vacations center for a while, but the space is now empty. After some careful research, I have found out what will be replacing it. Rediclinc will replace the vacations center by the end of the year. Rediclinic is a healthcare service that is primarily run by Nurse Practitioners which provides treatment, diagnosis, and prescribing of medication to routine medical conditions. There's already a Rediclinic in the Wal-Mart off College & Joyce in Fayetteville.

Wal-Mart should be very careful about this, the liability is huge.

Surely they've done the research.......? I can't imagine that they would go into it without taking the liability into consideration. Wal-mart gets sued about once every....oh....five minutes.

These clinics are popping up all over the place. They are really only for very routine medical problems and things like physicals, drug screens, and vaccinations as well as the common cold and flu type things. If you have any sort of serious ailment they most certainly steer you in the direction of the established medical community.

These clinics are popping up all over the place. They are really only for very routine medical problems and things like physicals, drug screens, and vaccinations as well as the common cold and flu type things. If you have any sort of serious ailment they most certainly steer you in the direction of the established medical community.

Those any body know what happen to pleasent crossing website?

The clinics are not ran by Wal-Mart, yet Wal-Mart is simply letting someone rent the space from them, just like they do with the vision center. An independent doctor will pay Wal-Mart for the space and for an assistant or two, but Wal-Mart does not have to worry about any liability.

From looking at the photos this could be Anytown USA. I'm not knocking all the retail; I will shop there too. I sure will miss the sales tax dollars in Fayetteville but I'm glad I live in Fayetteville with it's unique, earned character that seems just a little bit calmer and friendlier.

There's not a tree in the development that's not been planted in the past couple of years. I know the land was relatively flat and open to begin with but it sure looks desolate now. I wonder how long the trees in the backround will stay standing.

From looking at the photos this could be Anytown USA. I'm not knocking all the retail; I will shop there too. I sure will miss the sales tax dollars in Fayetteville but I'm glad I live in Fayetteville with it's unique, earned character that seems just a little bit calmer and friendlier.

There's not a tree in the development that's not been planted in the past couple of years. I know the land was relatively flat and open to begin with but it sure looks desolate now. I wonder how long the trees in the backround will stay standing.

For Rogers, the Promenade and Pleasant Crossing are just much needed shopping destinations. Rogers' real "earned character" still lies in it's Historic Mainstreet. I'd hate to see these new destinations draw business away from downtown, but downtown is just too far from the interstate. Rogers' downtown is no Fayetteville, but it does have some historic charm to it. I think Rogers should try to expand their arts, since the Rogers Little Theater, located in the historic Victory Theater in downtown, is the oldest and most historic live theater running in NWA today. There's plenty that could be done, should be done, in downtown Rogers just so people don't forget where the "real" heart of Rogers is located.

BTW... there really aren't many trees in danger in the Pleasant Crossing or at least not as many "endangered" trees as there were when they built Steele Crossing in Fayetteville. There was quite an uproar from residents about all the trees they chopped down there and there was even a woman who chained herself to the top of a tree to make a stand against "progress."

For Rogers, the Promenade and Pleasant Crossing are just much needed shopping destinations. Rogers' real "earned character" still lies in it's Historic Mainstreet. I'd hate to see these new destinations draw business away from downtown, but downtown is just too far from the interstate. Rogers' downtown is no Fayetteville, but it does have some historic charm to it. I think Rogers should try to expand their arts, since the Rogers Little Theater, located in the historic Victory Theater in downtown, is the oldest and most historic live theater running in NWA today. There's plenty that could be done, should be done, in downtown Rogers just so people don't forget where the "real" heart of Rogers is located.

Yeah I would like to see Rogers focus some on it's downtown historic district.

BTW... there really aren't many trees in danger in the Pleasant Crossing or at least not as many "endangered" trees as there were when they built Steele Crossing in Fayetteville. There was quite an uproar from residents about all the trees they chopped down there and there was even a woman who chained herself to the top of a tree to make a stand against "progress."

Even if they were 'endangered' I still doubt you'd see that type of reaction. Rogers isn't like Fayetteville, known for being a liberal city with a number of hippies. :D

Archived