Douglas J/Aveda Institute - 138 Commerce

Mark Miller

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another reason why the old should be reused:

146918328_c9bf6a2c74_o.jpg

...Other facade renovations include a patio seating area with landscaping and lighting, new front steps off Commerce Street, a revolving front door, and glass sectional garage doors to replace a portion of the west wall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to work in the United Way center and had to park in this structure when I drove to work. The ceiling came down on cars on a fairly regular basis. I was under the understanding that it couldn't be touched since it was a historical building. Looking forward to seeing the final renovation though. Great transition from parking to structure.

I stopped in to check out the interior over the weekend (and to buy some hair products!) and the inside is pretty spare, but cool! The classrooms will also have garage doors that close the class off from the salon/clinic floor. The main salon area seems like it's going to be quite loud what with the open, tall celing situation. There's a spa area on the north side of the building that's more private and quiet. It was fun to be in there remembering what a shell it was just a few months ago.

Check it out if you have a chance - the employees were nice and willing to give tours!

Archived