Douglas J/Aveda Institute - 138 Commerce

Mark Miller

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

My goodness, how wonderful to see all these great photos of our project! Thanks to all of you for being so interested.

I'm Dara, I'm the Guest Services Coach (our fancy term for manager) here at Douglas J in Grand Rapids. If anyone is interested in seeing the interior of the building, please stop in any time and we will be thrilled to give you a tour and answer any questions you may have!

We're available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 10 pm and Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm.

I'm happy to answer any questions here as well. Thanks again for your interest and the great photos!

Have a great weekend!

Dara Anchors

Guest Services Coach

Douglas J. Aveda Institute - Grand Rapids

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My goodness, how wonderful to see all these great photos of our project! Thanks to all of you for being so interested.

I'm Dara, I'm the Guest Services Coach (our fancy term for manager) here at Douglas J in Grand Rapids. If anyone is interested in seeing the interior of the building, please stop in any time and we will be thrilled to give you a tour and answer any questions you may have!

We're available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 10 pm and Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm.

I'm happy to answer any questions here as well. Thanks again for your interest and the great photos!

Have a great weekend!

Dara Anchors

Guest Services Coach

Have a great weekend!

Dara Anchors

Guest Services Coach

No problem darajeanne! That building is one of my favorites (I don't think I'm alone), and it was depressing seeing it used as a parking garage for so long, but thankfully the bones were left intact. We may have to do one of our lunch-n-learns there.

It will be cool to see the patio put to use as the weather warms up. The renovation definitely adds some much needed life to that area of Commerce.

No problem darajeanne! That building is one of my favorites (I don't think I'm alone), and it was depressing seeing it used as a parking garage for so long, but thankfully the bones were left intact. We may have to do one of our lunch-n-learns there.

It will be cool to see the patio put to use as the weather warms up. The renovation definitely adds some much needed life to that area of Commerce.

Took Dara up on her offer and got the VIP tour today. What an amazing transition. I had to take pictures toward the ceiling in some areas as to not capture any customers or students, but it it quite the bustling place:

The entry lobby area (the one story section just to the South of the big patio):

The huge windows let the light pour right in everywhere you turn (yet not make you feel like you're in a fishbowl):

484209981_3d99c1976c.jpg

484171500_e8d2cabafd.jpg

Great use of colors:

484171488_a80869bfa1.jpg

Original skylights of the post office, that allow light to pour down into the inner classroom/workshop areas:

484171402_d53c26537d.jpg

The classrooms are separated from the main styling floor by large garage doors (beautiful touch), and it allows the classes to be open to the styling floor for easier training exercises.

484171412_a689fbb926.jpg

Great urban setting out every window:

484171450_54bc509549.jpg

The entry into the full service spa area (ooh lala):

484171480_26002cbe08.jpg

Stairs to the second floor (broken brick and concrete accents):

484208165_3aed8e4ce5.jpg

484208173_f2234f8e1e.jpg

2nd floor work in progres:

484208181_847f1f1d1e.jpg

Landscaping and patio furniture to arrive soon.

484208117_f6a71a8e40.jpg

484231129_f734f7f024.jpg

484209977_52a6036ed3.jpg

The classes are full for the semester, but all these students need customers, so go check it out. Or get spa gift certificates for that significant other. :shades:

Thanks again Dara!

It was nice to meet you today! Thanks for getting those pictures up so quickly, they look amazing!

Good point too... you know, Mothers Day is right around the corner. Sorry for my quick blatant advertisement but we do stellar manicures, pedicures, facials, and there's a great Stress Relieving Treatment, all $42 or under (and our company does not accept tips). We do great hair too...

End Advertisement ;)

It was nice to meet you today! Thanks for getting those pictures up so quickly, they look amazing!

Good point too... you know, Mothers Day is right around the corner. Sorry for my quick blatant advertisement but we do stellar manicures, pedicures, facials, and there's a great Stress Relieving Treatment, all $42 or under (and our company does not accept tips). We do great hair too...

End Advertisement ;)

Hi everyone! We're very interested in hosting a mini-party here at the Douglas J Aveda Institute of Grand Rapids for anyone interested in coming in for a tour and learning more about the services we offer. We're looking to drive traffic through the building and one of the VP's asked me to contact some groups to come in, experience Douglas J and perhaps tell others about us. Would anyone be interested in doing something like that? Please email me if you are, and I'll set it up! Thanks so much, hope everyone is having a fabulous week.

Dara

• 6 months later...

I heard UP's very own Dara Jeanne on the radio today talking about Douglas J.. It sounds like they have some great Christmas specials going on, including some kind of event coming up with h'ors deuvres, beverages and "mini-treatments" (?). Not a woman so I don't know what that means. :dontknow:

I heard UP's very own Dara Jeanne on the radio today talking about Douglas J.. It sounds like they have some great Christmas specials going on, including some kind of event coming up with h'ors deuvres, beverages and "mini-treatments" (?). Not a woman so I don't know what that means. :dontknow:

Let me tell you exactly what we have going on tomorrow!

Beginning at 9 am, for every gift card a guest purchases for $30 or more, they will receive a gift certificate for any one complimentary service. It's sort of like a buy one, get one free deal!

Also, if you come in and donate a gently used winter coat to In The Image, you will be entered into a raffle to win a gift certificate worth $200 in services here at Douglas J!

The Winter Garden will be open from 4 o 8 pm, where guests can enjoy light snacks and our mini treatments, which consist of hand and arm massages (to die for) stress relieving chair massages, and sensory journeys (to select your signature scent!)

And of course, all day we will be offering 20% off Aveda products! Aveda hardly ever goes on sale so take advantage! I'll be at the building from around 11 am to maybe 9 pm so if you come by, look for the constantly smiling short haired brunette (wait, there are lots of us that fit that description!). I'd love to meet you!

Dara Sundberg

Guest Services Coach

Douglas J Aveda Institute - Grand Rapids

Archived