Yet another home team

ncwebguy

I didn't even know this existed until I saw a photo story on the N&O front page.

http://www.raleighrebels.com/

It looks to be the football equivalent of the ECHL, formerly known as the East Coast Hockey League. Tickets are $10-25 and they play in Dorton Arena. The leagu0e website looks to be in disarray, but they appear to have 16 teams in smaller east coast markets. I don't know what the quality of football played would be, but it could be good for area (american) football fans to get their summer fix.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't even know this existed until I saw a photo story on the N&O front page.

http://www.raleighrebels.com/

It looks to be the football equivalent of the ECHL, formerly known as the East Coast Hockey League. Tickets are $10-25 and they play in Dorton Arena. The leagu0e website looks to be in disarray, but they appear to have 16 teams in smaller east coast markets. I don't know what the quality of football played would be, but it could be good for area (american) football fans to get their summer fix.

I saw a story about this a few months ago. I think these are weekend warriors so I would think that the ECHL is well above this. I could be wrong. Remember, the Charlotte Checkers are ECHL and they play in Bobcats arena.

I have wanted to go see and support it but right in the middle of Hurricane season and takes my time and money.

There is such a gap between ECHL and NHL hockey. I went to a Checkers game a couple of years ago and it was horrible. It seemed like both teams were a bunch a goons (more fighting than playing).

Talk about goons and the Checkers, Peter Worrell plays for the Checkers. If you remember the tough guy from Florida a few years a go who would always pick fights,(Worrell). I think it was finally Jesse who took him to the ice and as he was going to punch his lights out, Worrell held his hands in front of the face surrendering. Everyone cheered !!!

Archived