The Spectrum at Willoughby Point

okinawatyphoon

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This concern is a mute point. This building will more than likely be sitting on piles that are driven 50 - 60 feet into the ground. This building will not be sitting on the ground the hurricane made. It will actually be sitting well below where hurricanes won't effect its foundation. The only concern should be whether the building above its foundation can withstand the winds.

The pilings are 12" x 12" x 80' and made of reinforced concrete. The parking garage is constructed a 10" solid concrete roof deck support by 2' x 2' concrete columns. The building above the garage is constructed with a steel frame and hollow core concrete planks for the flooring.

:lol: must be the ones from the Granby lot.

There have been over 400 80' pilings driven to date.

Phase 1 carries monthly condo fees of $390. That is some serious condo fee action.

Another thing I wonder is if Cox and Verizon service will be availible, or if they use other companies for services.

It is cool that they have onsite generators to run the fridges + emergency lighting + some unit lighting. Seems like a smart thing to do.

This development looks great and it will indeed offer some of the most dramatic views in the area. Its accessibility to OV beaches is also quite a desirable trait. I would be afraid to invest in it though. Knowing that Willioughby Spit was created by a hurricane I'd be waiting for the day another one decides to take it away again!

Phase 1 carries monthly condo fees of $390. That is some serious condo fee action.

Another thing I wonder is if Cox and Verizon service will be availible, or if they use other companies for services.

It is cool that they have onsite generators to run the fridges + emergency lighting + some unit lighting. Seems like a smart thing to do.

The cost of insurance has gotten ridiculous!

No annoucement has been made of the condo fees. Where did you get your information?

I bet it would be a huge 'risk' living at such a location. You are literally feet from the ocean.

People live up and down the coastlines on the east and west coast as well as the gulf coast. Do we all migrate inland and hope an earthquake or tornadoe doesn't get us? There is risk in everything you do. There is typically more damage inland by fallen trees than along the actual coastliine itself. Where are you safe from anything? People live along the waterfront because they choose to. Risk is mitigated by placing insurance on your residence. Stop being so negative. Enjoy the View!

People live up and down the coastlines on the east and west coast as well as the gulf coast. Do we all migrate inland and hope an earthquake or tornadoe doesn't get us? There is risk in everything you do. There is typically more damage inland by fallen trees than along the actual coastliine itself. Where are you safe from anything? People live along the waterfront because they choose to. Risk is mitigated by placing insurance on your residence. Stop being so negative. Enjoy the View!

I totally agree! You live inland and get flooded or tornadoes. The earth could just swallow your house one day!

I'm sure that land is alot more stable than it was just after the huricane. Unless I'm mistaken, all those driven piles and the entire developement its self will stablize the land beneath. Good structural engineering would make the condo's extremely durable for all sorts of weather. Then again, thats hard to come by these days.

I want to know how tel knows the condo fees. :shades:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived