JetBlue has Nashville in the works

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL... I was thinking last night how silly this argument is. I can't believe how far off subject some of these topics get on this forum... it's quite funny :)

I was thinking, though... that it might be kinda interesting to see how others on this site (outside the Nashville forum) perceive Nashville. Maybe create a topic in the regular Coffee House to find out what they think of when they hear Nashville?

Both the AP and the NYTimes have style manuals which are enforced by editors and which dictate things like which cities get the state name after them.

Amen. Case closed.

haha, you are funny Dave. If this is Jerry Springer for nerds, then Dave gets to be...ah nevermind! I wont say it.

• 2 months later...

Alright baby!

Jetblue lands in Nashville (what took so long)

We actually discussed this topic at the forum meet this week and we thought it would happen in a year or two.

As a frequest traveler to NYC I have always been green with envy watching the people in the JetBlue lines as I know they are in for a special trip. JB is a company that knows how to treat customers. They are not bound up in noncompetitive legacy labor contracts and thus they are one of th efew airlines that have made money (loss last quarter) 4 of the last 5 years. They are going to focus on their original strategy of servicing East Coast and Mid-West Markets out of NYC-JFK and little ole' Nashville has made the cut. So welcome and hurry the hell up!

'nuff said

jetblue strategy change

Awesome - now I'll have another alternative when flying to/from BNA! I love Southwest, but I'd be more than happy to give JetBlue a try.

As for the whole "TN" thing, they do it up here in the north - heck, most people around here think that Elvis and Graceland are in Nashville! LOL!

this is great news! I also love Southwest for their low fares, but the closest they get to the city is Islip, which is an hour train ride. JFK is very close to Manhatten and much easier to traverse.

Did they ever extend the subway to JFK? Last time I was there, getting from Manhattan took a subway/bus transfer and at least an hour.

This is great news if you're travelling to New York. Prices to the Big Apple will be very competitive now. The bad news is my dauther just graduated fron NYU and will coming home soon, so I probably won't have the excuse to fly Jet Blue to New York.

Did they ever extend the subway to JFK? Last time I was there, getting from Manhattan took a subway/bus transfer and at least an hour.

No subway, but they have the AirTrain. Honestly, one of the coolest (yet, probably in-efficient) forms of mass transit i've seen. Basically a train the rides on airbags. Not quite a mag-lav, but a cheaper form of it.

Anyways, you can ride the subway to Jamaica and take the AirTrain to JFK. It's a breeze. From Penn Station it's 45 min. tops.

I am axious to see how they expand service once they get settle here. There are plenty of gates that are vacant in the old C Terminal that they can use for more flights. This should also cause Southwest to up the anti a bit for BNA.

The model jets they will use are currently being used at the airport by a nubmer of other carriers, United is one of them. Small, but effective regional jets that are abnormally loud for their size.

I didn't realize that United was flying this jet to BNA. I would like to see Mainline United return to BNA. Heck, even one flight to Denver and San Francisco would be great. Welcome JetBlue!

I continue to wonder about how all of the corporate relocations will affect air travel at BNA. Would love to see more International flights. Air Canada needs to beef up its offerings by adding a flight to Montreal, Vancouver and Edmonton.

Archived