JetBlue has Nashville in the works

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realize that United was flying this jet to BNA. I would like to see Mainline United return to BNA. Heck, even one flight to Denver and San Francisco would be great. Welcome JetBlue!

I continue to wonder about how all of the corporate relocations will affect air travel at BNA. Would love to see more International flights. Air Canada needs to beef up its offerings by adding a flight to Montreal, Vancouver and Edmonton.

There is talk of the Mainline United Jets returning to Nashville. They stopped in July 2001 I think. I have heard a few rumors.

I am axious to see how they expand service once they get settle here. There are plenty of gates that are vacant in the old C Terminal that they can use for more flights. This should also cause Southwest to up the anti a bit for BNA.

It will really be interesting to see what Southwest does with Nashville if/when they start flights to Europe. They'll need bigger plains than 737s as well.

Southwest has no plans whatsoever to start flying to Europe anytime soon (though it'd be quite valu-riffic!).

I should have been more specific. Southwest does have code-share with ATA for international flights. From what CEO Gary Kelly says, it's not out of the picture for Southwest to have its own international routes at some point in the future. I'm just doing a little wishful thinking because it would be huge for Nashville to again have direct flights to Europe.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2006/04/southwest_worki.html

I should have been more specific. Southwest does have code-share with ATA for international flights. From what CEO Gary Kelly says, it's not out of the picture for Southwest to have its own international routes at some point in the future. I'm just doing a little wishful thinking because it would be huge for Nashville to again have direct flights to Europe.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2006/04/southwest_worki.html

I would think that it would be more likely any international service by Southwest would be to Mexico, Canada or any other locations that could be serviced by their exisiting 737 fleet. Going to Europe would represent a huge change in their operations, contrary to their current mission statement.

FedEx is going to start flying DC-10's and 747's into Nashville starting soon. Thy just recently competed a purchase of a warehouse on the airport cargo ramp for an expanded service here in town. Schedules for the flights is unknown, but you should see some major changes soon.

I would think that it would be more likely any international service by Southwest would be to Mexico, Canada or any other locations that could be serviced by their exisiting 737 fleet. Going to Europe would represent a huge change in their operations, contrary to their current mission statement.

I give up. :wacko:

That JetBlue plane looks nice. I'm looking forward to flying to JFK instead of Islip for Southwest. Also, while talking about international flights, what cities do you think would be most possible for Nashville's future? I know I would love to see Toronto, London or Paris, and another less common flight, like to Prague or Zurich, or something like that. Maybe even a flight to South America.

London would be the first, and quite possibly, the only international Eurpoean city we would see service to. At least for a while. Paris and Berlin are within the realm of possibility imo. But London would be the first.

That JetBlue plane looks nice. I'm looking forward to flying to JFK instead of Islip for Southwest. Also, while talking about international flights, what cities do you think would be most possible for Nashville's future? I know I would love to see Toronto, London or Paris, and another less common flight, like to Prague or Zurich, or something like that. Maybe even a flight to South America.

Out best chance to get a European flight is to have a hub operation start up here. Unfortunately, none of the major carriers that fly to Europe are in the financial shape needed to consider adding another hub right now.

Another possibility would be for Southwest to sign a cooperative arrangement with a European carrier, that would allow European carriers' flights to connect with Southwest flights in the states. That would give the European carrier potentially a competitive advantage by teaming up with a low cost carrier like Southwest.

• 1 year later...

Archived