Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dtown

Vasser

Ive heard a few things about a new movie theater in downtown Vasser, and i have driven through Vasser many times, but does anyone have any info on this , or pics of the town?

Vassar is a tiny town, on M-15 about thirty miles north of Davison. Didnt realize there was a market big enough for a movie theatre.

VassAr

I have 2 pictures. It's a quaint community of 2000 residents. It's very hilly there. Very nice downtown. I decided to drive around and explore cities within the Bay region. I liked it a lot.

VASSAR1.jpg

VASSAR2.jpg

That's all I got.

Wow, quite an impressive little downtown. Is it a particularly wealthy little village? Also, is it actually relatively close to any larger city, and maybe experiencing spill-over from a city or suburb? I find that has happened to a lot of these smaller villages within the metro areas. Just look at Howell nearly completely surrounded by sprawl, now.

Wealthy - Not really. It's middle to lower class. Most of the wealthly folks live in Frankenmuth.

The downtown is very well preserved looking. Not a single building had paint over its brick.

This is a fairly typical downtown in Tuscola County. Alot of them are gems just like this.

The closest city is Saginaw.

Wealthy - Not really. It's middle to lower class. Most of the wealthly folks live in Frankenmuth.

there are some BIG old houses on top of the hill on M-15, i think some might even be 3 stories

BTW,great pics Wolverine, that building on the corner is my fav, it looks kinda castle-like. i stare at it every time im at the stop light when im drivin through town

ive been fishing by the railroad bridge on the cass river and i like Vasser alot. Maybe i can take pics sometime, its only maybe 30 miles away from my house, like MJLO said

oh, and MJLO, i asked my grandma, who lives in Millington(about 7 miles from Vasser) about it, and she said its an old theater that they restored, with just 1 screen in it