1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Atlanta Falcons
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Carolina Panthers
    • New Orleans Saints

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be either Carolina or Tampa Bay this year as definite chances. I don't think either of them will go "all the way" this yaer, but I am free to be proven wrong.

The Falcons are certainly still possible if they can get their act together.

We got Keyshaun to help Steve out...he chose the Panthers over the Giants. I'm not sure if it was a money issue or what but it shows that the franchise can attract free agents. I see the NFC south being very competitive now. I think all the teams have upgraded and are looking to make some noise.

yeah i too am worried about "meshawn" johnson. The last thing we need is to screw up the team's amazing chemistry. There are so many factors that go in to the NFL that are absent from any other level of football. There is no more valid statement than "Any given sunday...". At the pro level, the talent is there for ANY team do well. Thanks to a salary cap, we have an awesome league that truly is competitive. The MLB really really really needs a cap so that more than 10 teams can actually compete. God bless the NFL!

I'd like to add to what I said earlier.

I don't know if the Falcons will be any better, but they will certainly be tougher. We've been doing some work on our defense.

If the Falcons could have had their heads on straight, then they probably could have won last year.

Also, I see New Orleans got 2 votes. I was just curious as to why they did.

I'd like to add to what I said earlier.

I don't know if the Falcons will be any better, but they will certainly be tougher. We've been doing some work on our defense.

If the Falcons could have had their heads on straight, then they probably could have won last year.

Also, I see New Orleans got 2 votes. I was just curious as to why they did.

I didnt vote for NO but Drew Brees is a winner and has the RIGHT attitude. Aaron Brooks has tons of talent but his character is lacking. I expect the Saints to be at least 4 games better than last year. I would argue that the NFC south is the toughest conference to play in. As for KJ I wouldnt worry too much. John Fox is an old school type just like Bill Parcels. Hell he has to deal with Steve Smith and that is not easy in itself.

• 4 weeks later...

After the draft, I think the Saints have the possibility of being a much better team this year than most thought they would be. We'll have quite an explosive offense if Drew Brees' shoulder is ok, and if other offensive weapons like Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, Deuce McAllister, and now of course Reggie Bush stay healthy. And if Bush turns out to be as good in the NFL as so many think he will be, the Saints will have one hell of a running game with Reggie Bush, Deuce McAllister, and Michael Bennet in the backfield. That and we now have a quarter back who can play but who also has a positive and winning attitude, something Aaron Brooks lacked big time.

If the Saints can fill the remaining holes on defense, I think they could be a team that could cause some trouble in the league. But no matter how good the Saints are this season, the NFC South will be one tough conference this year.

Man I did not see that coming. Reggie to the Saints aint what I wanted to see. This year is going to be hell. Kudos to NC state for giving the ACC its first number one overall. Next a thumbs up to the Saints for being so lucky that reggie wasn't taken number one. And finally big propers to John Fox for drafting the best running back in the draft DE'ANGELO WILLIAMS. I would venture to say that Carolina and NO had the best draft.

I would venture to say that Carolina and NO had the best draft.

I don't know much about Carolina's draft after the first two rounds, but picking up Deangelo Williams was definately a good move. And I know the Panthers lost Dante Wesley and Ricky Manning Jr. in free agency, so Richard Marshall was a good pickup and will help out in the secondary.

For the Saints, I think picking up Reggie Bush alone made the draft a success. He could help the Saints out not only in the running game, but in recieving and kick returning as well. And he's very good and very dangerous when he's doing anything on offense or special teams. The rest of the Saints picks could be summed up as guys who may not be the biggest or fastest on the field, but they can play some football, and always give it their all in whatever they do. Something coach Sean Payton wanted, as opposed to guys who may hold out, or slack in practice, etc.

September 24th, Monday Night Football, Louisiana Superdome, first Saints Game back in the dome,(you better believe the dome will be packed) Saints vs Falcons, Michael Vick and Reggie Bush on the same field. I think it'll be a good one. :D

IMG_2307.jpg

I don't know much about Carolina's draft after the first two rounds, but picking up Deangelo Williams was definately a good move. And I know the Panthers lost Dante Wesley and Ricky Manning Jr. in free agency, so Richard Marshall was a good pickup and will help out in the secondary.

For the Saints, I think picking up Reggie Bush alone made the draft a success. He could help the Saints out not only in the running game, but in recieving and kick returning as well. And he's very good and very dangerous when he's doing anything on offense or special teams. The rest of the Saints picks could be summed up as guys who may not be the biggest or fastest on the field, but they can play some football, and always give it their all in whatever they do. Something coach Sean Payton wanted, as opposed to guys who may hold out, or slack in practice, etc.

September 24th, Monday Night Football, Louisiana Superdome, first Saints Game back in the dome,(you better believe the dome will be packed) Saints vs Falcons, Michael Vick and Reggie Bush on the same field. I think it'll be a good one. :D

IMG_2307.jpg

I'm glad Ricky Manning left, he gets burned way too often. This Williams looks like he will be a decent back, we will have to see how he does in the pros.

That's amazing that the Saints picked up Bush! I look forward to seeing him at least twice this year, he's going to be something special. The Saints may be really good on offense if the chemistry works out. Brees is a great QB plus they have 2(3?) RBs that could start on most teams. The Texans are going to regret passing him up.

That's amazing that the Saints picked up Bush! I look forward to seeing him at least twice this year, he's going to be something special. The Saints may be really good on offense if the chemistry works out. Brees is a great QB plus they have 2(3?) RBs that could start on most teams.

I was really suprised Friday night when I heard the Texans signed Mario Williams to be the 1st pick, as nearly everyone was. And I was nearly screaming when the Saints officialy drafted Bush. Not many good things have happened to the Saints franchise in the 40 years that they've been here, but this was a very big deal.

And the running game, Deuce McAllister has been one of the best running backs in the NFL since he became a starter,(though he was hurt last year) Michael Bennet was a starter during his whole career at Minnesota, and then you've got Reggie Bush. :D

Have they improved the defense at all?

That's one area where they still need improvement. They lost DE Darren Howard to Philadelphia in Free Agency, but for the most part, the D-Line, especially the ends, is pretty good. The secondary is alright, but they could use some improvement there. The spot that really needs some work is the linebackers, we need some younger, bigger, and faster linebackers. There's reakky only one LB who starts or plays alot thats not getting up there in age.

BTW, I just found the link to the "River City Relay" play from two years ago. I may enjoy it so much because I'm a huge Saints fan, but it really is one of my favorite football plays of all time. And the funny thing is(it wasn't funny then, believe me! ;)) that John Carney missed the extra point to tie the game and bring it into overtime after that miraculous play. Here's the link if anyone would like to see it.

http://www.cdol.com/saints/miracle.html

^Click "Download Video"

yeah i too am worried about "meshawn" johnson. The last thing we need is to screw up the team's amazing chemistry. There are so many factors that go in to the NFL that are absent from any other level of football. There is no more valid statement than "Any given sunday...". At the pro level, the talent is there for ANY team do well. Thanks to a salary cap, we have an awesome league that truly is competitive. The MLB really really really needs a cap so that more than 10 teams can actually compete. God bless the NFL!

Meshawn won't be an issue this year. Steve will leave him to be second best all year. I think Jake might actually forget Keyshawn is on the field even if Steve is triple covered. No quarterback-receiver duo came even close to Delhomme-Smith's stats last season. If Jake can seperate from that and throw to Keyshawn, the season will be our's. If Foster stays healthy, then yea, I'll say we'll get back to the Super Bowl. I hope the changes to the Offensive line won't hurt us though.

Archived