What about Salem?

electricmonk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Some news about Salem :rolleyes: from a snippet in the middle of a Roanoke times article

There are office and industrial spots for sale at a planned center in Salem, beside General Electric Co. on Electric Road.

St. John Place Commerce Center will stretch out on 13 acres and house a variety of office and warehouse units.

A new building, called the Enterprise Center at St. John Place, will have 10 units, each measuring 1,199 square feet, said Paul Wiley of Wiley Development, who owns the center. They're designed for individual office or storage spaces, with a price tag of $110,000 each. Construction of the units will be complete by April, Wiley said.

• 6 months later...

Salem is a big disappointment! The folks there think they live in paradise, but the rest of the world

disagrees. The Main street doesn't work for anyone. Not only is it impossible to cross the street its dangerous, plus whats there? Olde Salem Days is the same stuff year after year. Enough already!

I wrote to the city manager there asking why no developer has built anything significant in downtown Salem in over 30 years. No response. I own a home there and I plan to sell it since the place has no leadership and no vision.

• 2 months later...

Archived