Best pizza in the Triangle

Best slice in the Triangle (NY or otherwise)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which serves up the best slice in the area?

• Randy's (Durham/RTP)
    • Cinelli's (Triangle wide)
    • Paisano's (N. Raleigh)
    • Lilly's (5 pts, Raleigh)
    • Pepper's (Chapel Hill)

new york pizza on hillsborough! huge slices, decent price, normal atmosphere - not some pizza place tryin to prove that they are better or anything by having fake italian stuff all over the walls. just straight up good pizza and place to hang out, and probably the most famous in raleigh (you say NYP and everyone knows what you're talking about)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been to Sylvia's on Hillsborough Street in Raleigh, between Bruggers and I (heart) NY Pizza?

My girlfriend's friend said it is good in a "sauce that isn't sweet, enough cheese to cover said sauce, and seasoned to taste" kind of way. This came up while eating pizza from the State Fair Flea Market (near the Jim Grahm building) which was surprisingly pretty good as well.

Andy's North Hills was like this as well. Any news as to when/if they will reopen by Starbucks?

Has anyone been to Sylvia's on Hillsborough Street in Raleigh, between Bruggers and I (heart) NY Pizza?

My girlfriend's friend said it is good in a "sauce that isn't sweet, enough cheese to cover said sauce, and seasoned to taste" kind of way. This came up while eating pizza from the State Fair Flea Market (near the Jim Grahm building) which was surprisingly pretty good as well.

Andy's North Hills was like this as well. Any news as to when/if they will reopen by Starbucks?

Not familier with Sylvia's....Not sure about the status with Andy's in North Hills either. Andy's is still operational in Quail Corners shopping center.

new york pizza on hillsborough! huge slices, decent price, normal atmosphere - not some pizza place tryin to prove that they are better or anything by having fake italian stuff all over the walls. just straight up good pizza and place to hang out, and probably the most famous in raleigh (you say NYP and everyone knows what you're talking about)

I think it is "I love NY Pizza" and it is great. I like it because it is opened late night. Nothing like getting a thin crust slice after a night of "pint downing".

Plus it does have that feel of the little pizza shops all over NY.

• 3 months later...

Cinelli's is replacing the North Hills Andy's pizza. This will probably be a better match with the rest of the shopping center, as opposed to a Lilly's/Moonlight.

The Vincent's pizza on Capitol does not appear to be coming back. It looked like there were some signs of life off and on, but it is still an empty shell.

Archived