Mandalay Bay & Mandalay Square

P_McLane

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

We've been talking about this in the office today. If Wal-Mart does decide to go with this, the developer is going to make a fortune on this property. Its not my place to say wether or not we need another Wal-Mart in this location. If these people have the money to spend, let them spend it. No one has to shop there if they don't want to, there's always The new Publix just down the road.

Kind of hitting of topic....... but I am just wondering, do yall remember that old grocery store called Bostons( I think that's the name)? I really loved that store! I remember there being 2 of them. One on parkway( where best buy is) and the other on Capital Circle NE( where Publix is). goodtimes..........

^ I think you mean Bruno's. I really liked those stores too. They were headquartered in Birmingham, AL & owned by the same family that ran all the Food World grocery stores. The bulk of the family that ran the business all died together in a private plane crash & the company sold off a lot of locations after that.

Yes I remember Bruno's being where Publix is at the Corner of Capital Circle and Centerville and where Best Buy Currently sits. That store was decent in my opinion. I remember my family spending a little money there. I also remember something about people outside with signs that read, "Do not eat the Mushrooms".

^ I think you mean Bruno's. I really liked those stores too. They were headquartered in Birmingham, AL & owned by the same family that ran all the Food World grocery stores. The bulk of the family that ran the business all died together in a private plane crash & the company sold off a lot of locations after that.

• 1 month later...

Archived